[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to enter JTF2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: JTF-2logo.png (177KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
JTF-2logo.png
177KB, 300x300px
I am interested in joining the Canadian army and my end goal is either JTF2 operative or a pilot. I am just wondering if I have what it takes to become one. Here's an overview of me

>23y/o firefighter
>5'9 / 160lbs
>can reach lvl 13 shuttle test
>can do 40 pull ups/80 push ups/ bench 195lbsx5
>various EMT certifications
>scuba diving and climbing liscenses
>no problem with authority
>flatfooted

I plan on joining the reserve to see if I fit in and then after 2 years I'll apply for special forces
>>
Well, You have to go through reg force first.
I'm not entirely sure how to do it since i'm CG not CF. But i'm preeeetty sure they won't take you. Reasons unknown.
>>
>>32169635

I'd say it'll be terribly difficult but if you're not bullshitting your qualifications you absolutely have a chance.
>>
>>32169635
>>flatfooted
you're gonna get rekt.
Not even Canadian, but JTF2 has a pretty good rep as far as I know and that means hundreds of miles of marching.
Try pilot instead. it's not tip of the spear stuff and not as cool as it used to be since most vidya is now about SOF and not figher jocks, but chance of a burnout is lower, you get to fly a jet and you'll be allowed to talk about your work.
Going SOF is not about being cool, you go SOF to serve. You go SOF despite of all the disadvantages. When you're SOF, that's it, everything in your life revolves around your calling.
>>
>>32169743
I have no problem with long distances. My feet hurt a lot but I can carry on. I can do 10km runs and not feel a thing. Trouble with air force is that everything will be replaced by drones in a few years. What are some other cool trades/jobs in the military? And I'm not doing it only for "coolness" but to challenge myself, to serve and family tradition.

That's why I want to go to the reserve, in case it doesn't work, I'll still have my job. What are some other air force reserve jobs?
>>
>5'9

sorry they don't let manlets into jtf2
>>
Reg force here, JTF is an option if you're amazing mentally and physically. 10km runs mean nothing. Can you ruck, 50, 75, 100km? Then tell the instructors what number was painted on a tree 43.4km into the march? If so you can consider joining CSOR while you train for JTF
>>
>>32170028
Go Air Wpns Tech,
Become door gunner
????
Profit

If you think everything going to be replaced by drones working the next few decades you know nothing of the CF's budget
>>
>>32172221
That's a reserve job? Pretty cool
>>
File: maple syrup.jpg (384KB, 2265x1694px) Image search: [Google]
maple syrup.jpg
384KB, 2265x1694px
>>32169635
You have to have spent 2 years reg force or 3 years reserve before you can tryout. If your chain of command thinks you aren't a complete shit head they will probably let you tryout.

It never hurts to try out and see what you are made of and if the unit is right for you.

t. some asshole trying for CSOR in two years.
>>
A big part of it is mental, not physical. If you're that athletic, then you'll probably be able to train up to their standards, but if you don't have the right mindset, there isn't much to be done.

If you do think you have the right mental abilities/mindset for it. Do both, go in as a pilot and then transfer to JTF after like 10 years.
>>
>working for the feds

Anon, don't be a bad guy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.