[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this S duct?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (2MB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1100x732px
is this S duct?
>>
>>32165211
No.

That's the same type of ducting that the Su-47 has as well where it's just a minor curve that doesn't hide the engine at all.

It's a proven fact that the Russian MIC is incapable of producing s-ducts.

Maybe some day they'll figure it out, but today is not that day.
>>
File: mc-laren-f-duct-2.jpg (203KB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
mc-laren-f-duct-2.jpg
203KB, 600x318px
Is this an F duct?
>>
File: ss.jpg (43KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
43KB, 960x639px
Is this a mallard duck?
>>
File: wtf_russia.png (963KB, 1166x889px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_russia.png
963KB, 1166x889px
Is this an S-duct?
>>
>>32165229
Proofs?
>>
>>32165229
>It's a proven fact that the Russian MIC is incapable of producing s-ducts.
I can hardly believe that is the case. How hard can it be to design an S-duct? basic fluid simulations tools can help design it with minimum effect on air flow the engines.
I think the problem lies with design of the entire airframe and the position of the engines. They probably tried to incorporate s-ducts into the airframe but found the benefit in stealth from s-ducts to be less than the loss of stealth caused by too much bulging in the airframe
>>
>>32165259
Appears to be a V duck, or possibly U duck, hard to tell from this angle.
>>
>>32166025
>>>It's a proven fact that the Russian MIC is incapable of producing s-ducts.
>I can hardly believe that is the case. How hard can it be to design an S-duct? basic fluid simulations tools can help design it with minimum effect on air flow the engines.
>I think the problem lies with design of the entire airframe and the position of the engines. They probably tried to incorporate s-ducts into the airframe but found the benefit in stealth from s-ducts to be less than the loss of stealth caused by too much bulging in the airframe

Vatnik detected, your MIC is shit because you have no funding, your GDP is lower than Italy's ffs, your best scientists are the equivalent of a middle schooler because they blow their research funding in IVs of wood alcohol vodka and krokodil
>>
>>32166025
Because S-ducts are a meme. Americans don't care about efficiency, they only care about memes and "cool" factor.
>>
>>32166478

I heard they are meant to be stealthy.
>>
Is there any point to these threads other than baiting that vatnik autist now?
>>
>>32166806
To show that they cant stop defending stuff no matter how reality looks like, also it distracts them from other threads.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.