[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.380 vs. 9mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 3750-L-2-390x300.jpg (21KB, 390x300px) Image search: [Google]
3750-L-2-390x300.jpg
21KB, 390x300px
Thinking of taking the plunge on the new Ruger LCR 2.
Seems like the fixed most of the issues with the first. But, I'd like to know if u should just stick with the m&p sheild 9mm I've been carrying...
Thought???
>>
I have a shield 9 and an LCP
I carry the shield everyday
The LCP is just to have another option in case I dont feel like putting on my holster or need something smaller than the shield. I've only carried it once so far to get comfortable carrying it.
Just get it so that you have options for different outfits. Like a woman and her purses.
>>
>>32163554
I'm probably going to get one in spring.
As for your question, you want the added weight reduction and concealability of the 380 or the extra power of the 9mm shield?

I prefer 9mm but want a summer cycling, jogging whatever pocket gun so I'm going to pick up a Ruger 380 v2 this spring probably. Don't see any point in one during winter.
>>
>>32163554

just bought one at sportsman's warehouse. haven't shot it yet. mags a fucking bitch to get in fully loaded
>>
>>32163554

9x19 > 9x17
>>
>>32164222

i had the first one and it stovepiped on me non fucking stop. guy i sold it to said after he changed out the barrel and one other thing i forget it worked great. always hated the trigger pull on the original too. they make them with better triggers now, but i really wanted to try the new one and had the cash. watched quite a few youtube videos and it seemed that folks liked the new one.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lcp+2
>>
>>32164235

the upgraded original.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-lcpr-380-custom.html
>>
>>32163554
GRIPZONE
>>
File: 1466984531082.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1466984531082.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>32163554
the LCR X is going to be a lot different than the shield but there's not really a difference between the 9mm and .38
>>
>>32163554
The shield is a compromise that to me makes little sense. I use my LCP custom on warmer days, or just for ultra light carry (when I am feeling lazy). I can easily carry a Glock 26, or 19 with just a little bit of effort. Single stack 9mm seems like a cool idea, but it's taller than I like, and I never cared for losing 1-4 rounds when the gun is so similar in size. My Shield also had rust issues.

I'd wait a bit if you want the LCP 2, eventually it will have a price drop just like the original did. Or if you don't mind spending 50-100 more, just dive in. I do like my custom though, and really would like to get my hands on a 2 to compare the triggers. I probably will buy one when it drops closer to 200.
>>
>>32166327
Is the custom's trigger actually workable? I'm thinking of either getting an lcp custom or a bodyguard with a galloway precision trigger kit.
>>
>>32166327
the 2 has a trigger break further back than the Custom so it's sort of a step backwards.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.