[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watcha got in yer emergency food supplies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: spam.jpg (198KB, 625x349px) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
198KB, 625x349px
Assuming you would have to live off the stuff for a time, how well fed are you? How tasty is your stuff? Drinks?
>>
File: phil's beer.jpg (480KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
phil's beer.jpg
480KB, 1024x768px
>>32163011
Hot water canning is your friend.

So is knowing how to brew your own brew.
>>
>>32163011
Remember salt, pepper, and hot sauce and you're good. Also multivitamins
>>
>>32163042
wouldn't brewing be a waste of resources?
All that water (though you could use slightly suspect water) and other shit you could be eating.
>>
>>32163081
If shit really hit the fan, people will still want alcohol. It could be a valuable resource for trade.
>>
>>32163011

DO NOT STOCKPILE LOW SODIUM SPAM. It actually spoils. Get the classic stuff.

>>32163108

Things like tobasco might be more valuable. Its insanely easy to make booze. Its harder to make SHTF food tasty.
>>
>>32163145
All SPAM spoil. They all have best by dates.
>>
I've got a shitload of canned beans, soups, veggies like green beans, cases of water. Not much else honestly, I need to shop for a bit of variety, but whenever I have extra cash I'm blowing it on ammo.
>>
>>32163145
How about the Spam Lite?
>>
>>32163065
This is the truth
>>
>>32163255
key words "best by"

Classic Spam is still edible for years after that.
>>
>>32163255
its still edible after expiring it just tastes worse. ive eaten 4 year old spam before.
>>
>>32163315
>Spam Lite

What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
>>32163255
>>32163315

Spam that's low sodium spoils much quicker.

Regular Spam kept in stable storage temps should last a decade at least
>>
>>32163011
>instant oatmeal and grits
>corned beef hash
>spam
>canned pears and peaches
>tons of salt and sugar
>honey and tobasco
>tea

>>32163042
Any luck with that? how's it taste?
>>
110 gallons of drinking water, a few methods of distilling, food im kinda fucked though. I need to stock up on food, I only have a few cases of various soups, and fruits and veggies.
>>
>>32163011
Besides an arsenal of guns i have thousands of Marijuana seeds tobacco seeds, vegetables seeds some tea plant seeds forget what kind and some fruit tree seeds that can be grown in my climate, ive only recently started stocking good medical supplies, lots of painkillers, antibiotics and antiseptics, im getting medical grade antibiotics soon and some narcotic painkillers just in case, dont need to lecture me on there use i know what to use and what not use, we have a pallets worth of toilet paper, 12 liters of ketchup, practically infinite supply of potatoes as i know how to operate a large garden(over an acre), i have a fresh water lake in my backyard but it would have to be treated before consumption but thats not difficult, i could keep going but heres the thing i cannot stress enough, once you think you have enough, get twice as much, just as you would in a survival situation gathering firewood, once you think you have enough get twice as much
>>
File: 20161130_005246.jpg (2MB, 1149x1927px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_005246.jpg
2MB, 1149x1927px
>>32163816
i also have constant temperature storage year round and can store dairy and meat with not electricity
>>
>>32163843
POAST NEW DIG PROGESS MOLEMAN
>>
>>32163042
>>32163081
Brewing is incredibly resource intensive. Homebrewers are stoked if they can reach 80% extract efficiency. Not to mention the malting process prior to actual brewing requires a LOT of finely controlled heat.

The only real value in a survival situation is
1) guaranteed safe to drink water
2) trade value.

A highly hopped mild ale will keep for a while, but all beer, unless sterile filtered, pasteurized, and stored properly, will spoil. Better to use the grain for, you know, food.

Beer is a civilized luxury. Berry wine, on the other hand, should be on your radar.
>>
>>32163255
everything for sale in a grocery store has a best or sell by dates. the only thing with a hard expiration is baby formula.
>>
>>32163843
wtf dude we thought you died, why haven't you kept us updated on the tunnels?
>>
>>32163065
What do you mean?
>>
>>32163905
I shitpost in Canada threads all the time, tunnels just closed for the "winter" so far theres no sign of winter so i kinda sealed it up early.
>>
I keep about 100lbs of grains for both my gf and I in our apartment(various types of rice in sealed, air tight containers) 50 gallons of fresh drinking water, about 25lbs of dried beans, same for oatmeal.

Basically I have food rationing set up for 6 months, water for a week. I have in addition 1000 lighters, 6 months of disposable paper plates and bowls for two people, 6 gallons of bleach and long term solutions like a seed base and hydroponic growing units.

Any additional city folk have any prepper suggestions?
>>
File: koshermre.jpg (195KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
koshermre.jpg
195KB, 800x562px
>Canned pineapples
>plain canned seltzer
>MRE's (pic related)
>a pile of 12 pack cans of coke zero
>individually wrapped plastic utensils

I ran out of my protein, and carbs because when I get too lazy to shop, I eat the food in my garage.
>>
>two things people stock up on
>spam
>ramen

>two things that will dehydrate you faster than a salt lick
>spam
>ramen

>two things people idiotically avoid
>noodles
>pasta sauce

>two things you should never go without
>big ass mother fucking containers of water
>big ass mother fucking containers to put water in
>>
>>32164215

>spam
>pasta sauce
>pasta

legitimately delicious

I love spam, especially if you crisp it up nicely before adding it to anything.

Fuck im hungry now.
>>
>>32164234
Spam is a good addition to a meal, but people confuse it with a meal in and of itself. Eating a can of spam and a can of fruit is a good way to destroy your body. 1/4 a can of spam on pasta and sauce or rice and beans is great. Just try to go a week eating a lot of SPAM with less hydration than you're used to.

If you're planning on stocking up on canned meat always go with Tuna. It's better for you in almost every way and the oil from it can be used for cooking or utility.
>>
>not just becoming a bandit when SHTF

it's like you niggers don't even cheeki breeki, and still have dignity or something.
>>
>>32164103
They can't even make the package photo look appetizing...
>>
>>32163477
People that are high sodium spoil much quicker too
>>
>>32163762

You need more veggies, man.
>>
>>32164078
How much space does that take up in your apartment?
>>
My mother lives on a farm, assuming SHTF. Load jeep Cherokee with guns, ammo, water filters, stocked food and medical gear let's not forget my battle buddy boerboel dog.

The farm has pigs/cows/garden/crop land. My uncle would show up a few days later with his gear, he was a para rescue jumper in desert storm. He probably teach us basic triage during downtime. Then you have my 2 little brothers one a ranger the other just general infantry.

I don't think we have much to worry about.
>>
>>32163042
>Using buckets

Kys
>>
>>32163042
Glad to see people still doing their own moonshine
>>
>>32163900
Honey wouldn't spoil too
>>
>>32163145
in terms of value it would probably be
spices/taste > alcohol > other stuff
it would probably be something like the value of goods in society during the 1500s or something
alcohol would be relatively simple to make but it would still retain more value than other things such as bread since you need excess food to make it and thus it would be more rare
>>
File: Iss12.Hershel7.png (22KB, 163x185px) Image search: [Google]
Iss12.Hershel7.png
22KB, 163x185px
>>32165752
thats what my Greene farmer is for, and like poster>>32166689 says, a self sufficient place like a farm is good for all your needs.

but yeah, he should stock up on canned fruit and vegetables as well
>>
>>32163011
Not really into total SHTF mode but we do stock flour, canned food (including spam),sugar, salt, tea, coffee and other luxuries (ginger, garlic, black peppers and jalapenos as well as stuff like chocolate, chocolate drink and honey). And several carton of tobacco.

I've experienced things like huge snowstorm before, where I couldn't get out of my house for more than a week. Even regular snowfall during winter would make journey to the the town (just around 3 miles or so from my place) is pretty challenging, that's why I always stock up everytime.

I did some gardening at the backyard but summer here is pretty short and the only thing I could grow is potatoes and maybe tomato and cucumbers. The potatoes would last a while but the cucumber would spoil in less than a month even with refrigeration.

I do want to have steady supply of fresh veggie all year round tho so I'm thinking of either growing them indoors while I would grow tubers excusively at the backyard. Is it ok to just use a planter or should I spend on hydroponic set?
>>
>>32166863
In post-SHTF world, I think these things would be used for bartering

>shotgun shell (no shit, adventurers in borneo would trade shotgun shell to the dayaks for food and rice wine as late as the 80s)
>tobacco (see above)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_the_Forest
>>
File: 1474078298100.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474078298100.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>32164057
it makes me happy that people like you exist
>>
File: 1480259091642.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1480259091642.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>32164103
this looks vile but it's making me hungry regardless. i guess it would look a lot better in Month 3 after "the event" and I'm will to either kill you or suck your dick for a package of this stuff
>>
>eating animal flesh in a post-apocalyptic scenario.
>>
>>32164267
>live innadorms
>bugout bag within reach of my bed
>use tools/weapons to become the Bandit king of bandit U
>kill/evict all undesierables
>keep the cuban on my floor for tasty tasty cuban cooking
>have all the ramen/chips/soda/booze i need
>eat myself into an early grave
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.