[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

full-brass slug rounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: brass-slugs.jpg (134KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
brass-slugs.jpg
134KB, 1154x1154px
Using full-brass casings to load slugs?
Run them in a VEPR?
Powder-loads should be?
Possibility of blowing myself up?
>>
>>32162857
Nothing wrong with that though you might reduce the of the brass because that would require crimping it but other than cost brass would be the ideal candidate for mag fed shotguns
>>
Get yourself some dies. Only $600.
>>
>>32162996
The brass shells are only like a buck each, can't say how they run in a semi auto, but they last for fucking ever through a break action. Don't even need anything fancy to reload them, just a wood dowel and some card stock, little bit of glue over the over shot card.
>>
>>32162996
More like $65
>>
>>32163072
Really?! Source for this super amazing bargain?????
Oh, right, you pulled that out of your ass and don't know what you're talking about.
>>
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/11/15/potd-one-kind-custom-hornady-12ga-reloading-die/
BTFO cocksures.
>>
>>32163026
You'd think that shtf preppers would be all over this kind of thing
>>
>>32163183
Weight
>>
>>32163181
Wow 650 for the first one. Guess I'll wait a year or 2 and gray it for 60 bucks
>>
>>32163156
Try Midway. It's a standard product.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/296286/rcbs-cowboy-brass-shotshell-die-12-gauge
>>
>>32163339
>cowboy
>no sizing die, just decap and crimp, but it's just as good as the custom set with decap, sizer, and crimp.
Have fun with your weak ass loads in your expensive ass brass since you're stuck with cowboy pressures. You must really know what you're doing.
>>
>>32163156
You got BTFO badly. Try lurking and report back in a year or so.
>>
>>32163375
t. Doesn't know shit about reloading
>>
>>32163373
The cowboy die is for brass shotshells. It has a built in sizing ring.
Cowboy pressures are the exact same as regular pressure. Brass shot shells are often easier to find than paper shells and both are required for some cowboy action shooting.
Know what you are talking about before spewing shit.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>32163397
t. I have been shut down. I concede.
>>
>>32163183

Shotguns can literally fire rocks. You can make gunpowder from PISS and sugar or a hundred other things.

You could probably take deer by shooting sticks out a smoothbore shotgun.

ITT: over thinking survivalists
>>
>>32163397
Cowboy pressures are not the same as regular and certainly not the same as if you were pushing your loads harder since you now have stronger cases.
That other bullshit about paper shells is completely unrelated.
>>
>>32163456
Stop sucking so many dicks. Just stop! Put the dicks down. You're killing yourself with faggotry.
>>
>>32162857

They work fine, even in semis. They last for fucking ever if you stick with plastic hull loads.

Technically, if your gun can handle the pressures (most modern shotguns can easily take moderate rifle levels), you can load them up to elephant gun levels if you're smart enough.

You can even go to .50 BMG levels of FPE if you really know what you're doing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.