[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are shooting classes a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1345474133527.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1345474133527.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I can't seem to group worth a fuck and would like to take a class to "git gud"
Would it be worth the $70 and 3 hours of a sunday?
>>
>>32160470
>Is a class I can take to get better at thing a waste of time?

You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>32160470
>why would I want to improve myself
God damn you are probably the dumbest faggot on /k/
delete your accound kid
>>
>>32160483
I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer
But I've seen /k/ shit on Chris Costa's tacticool classes
That's probably several hundred or maybe in the neighborhood of a thousand dollars and takes place over an entire weekend
>>
>>32160470
they probably teach the basics that any monkey could figure out in a short period of time with some research

but if you're retarded it may prove beneficial
>>
>>32160470
The greatest masters in the world, of any which thing, tend to call themselves students.
No, classes aren't bad but is a certain class/instructor bad? Quite possibly yes.
Ask about credentials and class size, one on one with an NRA certified instructor competition winner is probably best. It also tends to cost more.

You can also go to YouTube and watch "Jerry Miculek how to shoot a pistol".
>>
>>32160513
Paying for a name brand tactical role playing field trip probably isn't cost effective. Just make sure it isn't Bubba's credentialless ass teaching a room full of 30 people.
>>
>>32160470
I went shooting with my wife a few months back and I was near a guy giving a class. He had two other guys with him but instead of giving them tips he talked about how awesome he was the entire time. It was so obnoxious my wife and I left early.
>>
>>32160470
Depends, if you're already competent at shooting, it'll just be a waste of time.
>>
File: DSC_1210.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1210.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>32160637
What do you mean by competent? I'm signed up for a shooting instruction because there's a couple things I seem stuck on. For example, at 21' my group drops 6" if I semi rapid fire and I can't seem to get past it. I also tend to left, as a lefty, but think I have that figured out. My groups aren't consistent either, all my holes don't touch.
I'm not as competent as I intend to become, pic is at 21'.
>>
>>32160719
sounds like you could just do your own research on your quirks and some tips and just shoot more, or perhaps youve reached your natural limit with the frequency you shoot.
>>
>>32160470
only if it's 1:1 instruction
>>
What state?

I could recommend something depending on where you are, but grouping is grouping, this is basics.

There are some good videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es5E0cG44CQ
>>
>>32160470
Find somebody who is a better shooter than you are
Offer to pay range fee and buy lunch and even rent a weapon for shits and giggles
Have lots of fun and maybe make a new friend.
Or pay your fee and get shit on for being a dirty fucking civilian.
>>
>>32164366
Samefag

Another good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMYzJpD4n8
>>
>>32160719
I love when fags like you have to hope that anons misread feet for yards.

21 feet, or 7 yards, is just barely longer than hand holding distance. If you're practicing at 7 yards no class is going to help you. If you're judging your overall pistol competency on 7 yards no class will help you. If you really are shooting six inches low at a target 7 yards away, which if you factor in the length of your arms is more like 6 yards away its because you're a little fuckin bitch who's flinching harder than ur mum taking it in the ass dry. Classes can teach you techniques, but you'll always be a little bitch
>>
>>32162609
That's the problem, I can't diagnose or fix what's wrong.
>>
>>32160502
Please, I'm begging you for the sake of this board and everyone on it, kill your self.
>>
>>32160719
>>32165252
Honestly that's perfectly good shooting. At the end of a tactical class you'll still be shooting like this, just maybe faster. If you want big ragged holes you want to angle your education towards competition shooting, not tactical shooting. Unless you're worried about points and times and ranks, I would consider yourself competent.
>>
>>32165252

It never hurts to get a different perspective on your technique, especially for under $100. Just do some research on the instructor beforehand.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.