[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small hole in BCM reciever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: file_zpsdbc6249f.jpg (245KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
file_zpsdbc6249f.jpg
245KB, 1024x683px
Whats up with this small hole in my receiver? Just got a BCM Recce 14 and it has this small hole in the receiver that doesn't exist on my Colt. What's the deal on this?
>>
Looks like your AR is damaged, throw it in the trash.
>>
Oiling hole?
>>
File: 1473818562538.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1473818562538.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>32158589
0/10 made me reply
>>
>>32158585

that's where you stick your micropene
>>
The auto sear goes there.
Hope you have your NFA paperwork, boi.
>>
>>32158585
its the hole for the detent pin for the front takedown pin, so you can put a tool in there and hold the detent back if you wanna completely remove the takedown pin.
>>
>>32158589
I now see a ton of ARs have this hole, but my colt doesn't for some reason.

>>32158601
Is that really what its for? I can see a small spring running underneath.
>>
>>32158613
>>32158612
>>32158601
Wouldn't auto sear be near the fire selector area? The select fire ARs I've found typically have another hole there. So is it a hole for the detent pin? Because I can see a spring underneath, is that the detent spring?
>>
>>32158641
Yes it is the detent spring

No, of course an autosear would not fucking go there
>>
The hole is in stoner's blueprints, but it doesn't do anything particularly important, so some companies don't bother drilling it.

it's probably intended for
>>32158613

But it's pretty simple to remove the front takedown pin completely without using it, hell, it's probably a lot easier, actually, to just jam a miniature slotted screwdriver in the front takedown pin detent slot to wedge the detent down so you can take the pin out.

I've heard other shit, like it's to let you oil the front detent pin and spring, or to let out shit that winds up in there.
>>
File: 1470234306389.gif (236KB, 499x602px) Image search: [Google]
1470234306389.gif
236KB, 499x602px
>>32158641
>>32158619

Holy Autism
>>
>>32158585

The hole prevents an air bubble from blocking fluid when the receiver is dipped for anodizing.
>>
>>32160227

It's drilled somewhere along the middle of the detent hole, rather than intersecting it at the end, and also why would anyone care if an air bubble formed there? I can't imagine it's considered important to have anodization along the full length of that particular hole. You'll never see it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.