[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a group like Rainbow actually work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

So ive got about an hour to kill before my next class and I was curious could a CTU like Rainbow work in real life? Especially now with the rise of increase of terrorism in Europe?
>>
>>32155537
>book
maybe but i doubt it would be created
>video game portrayal
no way hoe zay
>>
>>32155675
Well i know theres no way Vegas could happen
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 804x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 804x534px
>>32155537
In the 1990s maybe. Collective threats were fringe and the US was the undisputed world hegemon. Even by Russia. The world seemed to be on the track to peace with the UN and America at the wheel.

The US is now declining as a real and recognized supreme power. States have become more self-interested and less willing to pool resources and power as a result.
>>
File: Burma or something.jpg (51KB, 331x496px) Image search: [Google]
Burma or something.jpg
51KB, 331x496px
>>32155537

I mean, the principle of a multinational team of operators is pretty well-known (see Task Force 88).

The rest of it is mostly Tom Clancy's gung-ho "America saves the day, all day, every day, eagle sheds a single tear" bullshit. Everything after Sum of All Fears was a mistake.
>>
>>32155744
Even with Nato allies like the UK, France, Germany?
>>
File: 1475840032421-int.jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1475840032421-int.jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>>32155537
I never really got WHY should a multi-national anti-terrorist group even exist, I mean it would probably be fun to banter with the lads from all around the world in the unit, but there is no way it would be actually more effective than the already existing national CT forces
the language barrier is mostly gone now since every 1st world citizen with high school education speaks English unlike in the 80's and 90's, but there would be constant problems with logistics and mainly unending debates about how much money and resources should each member country devote to it
>>
>>32155770
NATO is less important than ever. There are no major powers that threaten the institution.

Terrorism just doesn't consist of hostage taking or plane hijacking anymore. Terrorists just massacre as many people as they can before their bus breaks down and then kill themselves/go out fighting.
>>
>>32155537
The closest you would probably get to that would be from the higher level and more secretive PMCs who do recruit from all over the world for good talent.
>>
>>32155537
Nowadays the bad guys don't try to hijack planes and just sit there waiting to get their assholes raided by the local CTU.

You have very few time to get on site and prepare an assault. No way a Rainbow 6 like unit could be there in time.

Operating with motherfucking Ding Chavez would be great though.
>>
>>32155537

The answer is: no.

Every country needs to have their own team to do stuff like that.

It simply does not make sense to fly in Americans and Brits to respond to bank robbery in Switzerland. Why? Because there would be situations where you simply wouldn't have time to move all the people where they need to be. By the time the cavalry gets there, the situation might be over already.
>>
>>32156381
That was the idea of Rainbow, have all the logistical shit centralized. The money would definitely be an issue but having a team of CT guys from every NATO country would sort of act as a 911 force for European/Allied terrorism. That's how it is in the book anyway.
>>
>>32156685
>having a team of CT guys from every NATO country would sort of act as a 911 force for European/Allied terrorism.
how would that be any more efficient than the local police forces tho?
say if the followers of the religion of peace decided to *again* display their peacefulness in France, then the French counter-terror groups would respond and show up much faster than some rainbow team stationed in the UK or Germany or wherever and they would also have the advantage of knowing the surroundings or being able to communicate with the locals/hostages
also imagine what kind of international shitstorm would occur when for example some Yank or Brit accidentally killed a hostage or otherwise fucked up (see Linda Norgrove, it happens)

it's just a useless idea, interesting, but useless
>>
>All these people saying no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_K-Bar

It already existed and they kicked ass.
>>
>>32156848
JTFs are nothing like Multinational CT teams. They operate exclusively in non-affiliated countries. TF-K Bar never did a hit in UK or some shit.
>>
>>32155537
IRL it would be an OPFOR and offensive CTU with the different nationalities used to get pre-approved entry to many countries.
>>
>>32155537
That would be a clusterfuck
>A Navy SEAL who would constanly be taking selfies and working on his autobiography
>Spetznaz operator constantly asking the other teammates to shoot him in his kevlar for training purposes
>German KSK guy who has a few suspicious lighting bolt and eagle tattoos
>a Turkish special forces dude who has to be constantly reminded that a bomb vest is not a viable weapon
>A Finnish Jaeger who can't stop talking about Benis
10/10 would read book
>>
>>32156818
>Linda Norgrove
>Using grenades in a hostage situation

I don't mean to be a keyboard warrior, but why pack those in the first place? Seems a little too risky for that kind of scenario.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttg37dFoyCk
>>
>>32158181
>why pack those in the first place?
why not?
it's not like they weigh a ton and it's always better to have them and not use them
the guy who threw it was new and I suppose the situation was probably pretty chaotic so I don't blame him and you can't blame them for taking frags either
it was just bad luck, shit happens man
>>
>>32156381

Because the idea of a bunch of multilingual badasses with MP5's is fucking dope.
>>
>>32158181
In the SEALs defense, who would expect an enemy dumb enough to take your only hostage outside during a raid at 330am?

This is assuming we even know what really happened.
>>
>>32155744
>declining world power
Asian markets crashed because of our presidential election
>>
>>32158240
>>32158284
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.
>>
>>32158262
Almost as dope as those same guys with MP-5/10s
>>
>>32157751
and the German has to constantly keep the Spetznaz and the Turk from killing eachother while SEAL dude and Finn chuckle
>>
>>32158323
That really doesn't mean anything. Oil cartels in the middle east tanked the US in the 70s.
>>
>>32158323
>Not knowing what you're talking about: The post.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha
>>
>>32156818
>French counter-terror groups
>muh GIGN
>muh expertise in police operations
>muh MR 73

Except we learned firsthand how shitty they were when the Paris attacks happened. Maybe they do need Americans and Brits around to teach them a thing or two.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.