[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buying a gun in Michigan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1470698712171.jpg (1017KB, 1912x924px) Image search: [Google]
1470698712171.jpg
1017KB, 1912x924px
I just fled commieforma where I couldnt get a gun fo rthe life of me, Im about to go shop later today or tomorrow here in Michigan and want to know if the same blasted rules apply here as they did there? When I was a kid you just walked in and bought one. Only thing you worried about was if you could pay for it..
>>
If the man asks if you're up to date with your penis inspections, just say 'yes.'
>>
File: 1470700732138.jpg (254KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1470700732138.jpg
254KB, 1599x1066px
>>32154145
yeah ok then.... serious answers requested bait brain.
>>
File: go michigan.jpg (148KB, 1024x823px) Image search: [Google]
go michigan.jpg
148KB, 1024x823px
Are you

1. Buying a long gun

If yes, you're in luck. Fill out the 4473 and off you go. You can walk out same day.

2. Buying a handgun

If yes, then you need to get a buying permit from your sherif and the handgun needs to be registered to the Michigan state pistol database.

I believe that the buying permit requires your photo and fingerprints, could be wrong on that point though.
>>
Don't forget to take your gun into the nearest police station to have it registered after you buy it. Just walk in, tell them you've got a gun, and they will register it for you before you know it. It's even free.
>>
>>32154156
What the fuck kind of pinko communist bullshit is that?

Handgun registry?
>>
>>32154165
Yup, mandatory even for PRIVATE SALES. Felony conviction for dodging it.

Only way to get around it I've found is inheriting a handgun or receiving it as a gift. The gift option is really grey legally though.

Fucking Snyder could have gotten rid of it if he wanted to, purposely killed a bill in the senate last year that would have repealed it.
>>
>>32154181
Can't believe Snyder wasn't impeached after the flint scandal
>>
>>32154156
thanks, i just wanta um, short 12 gauge is all for now. Im to close to detroit to feel "good" do shotguns even need papers in michigan? its been aggggeeessss since i bought one in the midwest.
>>
>>32154187
Yes? It wasn't his fault that the pipes put in decades before he was put in office used lead.

>>32154193
How short you talking? Minimum barrel length to avoid extra background checks from the ATF is 18in FYI

If you walk into the Bass Pro or Cabelas and buy one of the shotguns off the wall, you can just walk out with it.
>>
>>32154193
Detroit is nowhere near as bad as it's reputation in the media and Hollywood the last couple of decades. The private sector is booming and there very well could be a resurgence of Motown due to new self driving technologies.
>>
>>32154211
>implying he didn't know about it
C'mon son. You don't know michigan til you live in Ann Arbor and see 10 trannies walking down the street on your way to get a pack of smokes.
>>
>>32154221
>living in Ann Arbor for any reason

Only acceptable cities are Houghton and Grand Rapids, all others deserve purging
>>
>>32154253
>traverse city
>anything in lower canada aka the up
Weak mate
>>
>>32154156
>If yes, then you need to get a buying permit from your sherif and the handgun needs to be registered to the Michigan state pistol database.
Uh. No.

>>32154165
>>32154193
He's wrong. First, no permit is needed to buy, not by any means. Second, the registry isn't "who has a given gun at any point in time", it's "there's a new gun sold" and that gets erased/destroyed after a bit.

Source: Not retarded, and just bought one.
>>
>>32154257
>implying traverse city hasn't been taken over by hipsters one half of the year and flooded with tourists the other half
>implying the UP isn't perfect innawoods material
>>
>>32154221
>You don't know michigan til you live in Ann Arbor and see 10 trannies walking down the street on your way to get a pack of smokes.
I've lived in Ann Arbor for my entire life, and I've seen a grand total of 5 trannies here. Ypsi on the other hand...
>>
>>32154107
>Not researching a state's gun laws before moving there
What is this silliness?
>>
>+
>32154313
family member almost to death, needs around the clock help til does. i get chosen to move back home.
>>
>>32154291
Ok, you're right, it's been a while since I purchased a handgun, apparently this changed recently

"NON-CPL Holders Only that are buying a pistol from a private seller:[12] An individual must apply to their local police or sheriff's department for a purchase license before obtaining a pistol from a private seller. "

"As of December 18, 2012, no purchase permit is required for purchases from a Class 1 FFL Dealer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Michigan#Summary_table

>and that gets erased/destroyed after a bit.

Proofs?
>>
>>32154307
Faggot I just saw 3 the other day downtown by state theater
>>
>>32154331
>Proofs?
I can't find it atm, so I'll redact that for now at least. I'll keep looking and post if I can find it after work.

>>32154367
>Faggot I just saw 3
How do you know they're trannies?

>inb4 "I can tell"

>state theater
>Place that carters to the generally awful peson (hipster, faggots, """indie artist""", college freshmen, etc) is representative of the city and immediate areas.
Leave campus mate. You'll find most people are fairly typical and generally pleasant.
>>
Michigan anon here, the permit to purchase a handgun has been dropped. When you buy the gun, they will give you a police registration slip that you turn into your local police station, that's it. My local police station has a mailbox to drop it in.
>>
>>32154181
>Felony conviction for dodging it.
No, it's a civil infraction. Fine is $110 I think.
Not that I would ever advocate breaking the law of course.
>>
>>32154291
> Second, the registry isn't "who has a given gun at any point in time", it's "there's a new gun sold" and that gets erased/destroyed after a bit.
why do they input the info from the sales record into a computer then, you sincerely thin they destroy that "after a bit"?
>>
>>32154156
You actually don't need a permit to buy a handgun. However, you will get a pistol purchase record from the dealer which you have to give to your local police. I don't think this applies to CPL holders though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.