[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss being a soldier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 23

File: mylife.jpg (27KB, 345x410px) Image search: [Google]
mylife.jpg
27KB, 345x410px
I miss running around in body armor and NVGs and carrying a rifle. I miss the action and sense of adventure. I miss the friendship of people I don't have to change my language or humor around and can just be myself. I miss joking about death and killing myself and killing others and people getting that it's all jokes.
I haven't even been out of the Army 6 month yet but I just can't get over it. I hated the military, but I liked being a soldier.
I don't want to go back in, but I want to be a soldier again. I need the feeling in my life again
>>
Try to get a hobby with most members are veteran's
>>
>>32152317
Most vets are shit tier people and aren't fun to be around outside of the actual military where everyone is a shitty human.
There's a reason most vets have a bad rap and people don't like them. They bring it upon themselves for being entitled assholes.
>>
File: 1446761468519.jpg (282KB, 676x876px) Image search: [Google]
1446761468519.jpg
282KB, 676x876px
>>32152281

We have to make a nation for soldiers.
>>
>>32152432
>welfare nation
>>
I miss being underfed, exhausted and doing drills in full gear and uniform. It sucks at that time but I was in good company which made a shitty situation feel better. Now I'm surrounded with disorganize, lazy, selfish and superficial people at my job. It's only been 2 years, I want to go back. I cant adapt to my new life.
>>
>>32152281
become a career officer or join a security
>>
File: unnamed-41.jpg (77KB, 899x597px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-41.jpg
77KB, 899x597px
>>32152281
>>32152913
There's always the Nasty Grillz, my state is in a big recruiting push.
>>
>>32152938
>private security contractor
Not even once.
>>
join another country's army
>>
Go fight FARC in the Darian gap.
>>
>>32152281
You could always LARP soldier. A guy came in to where I work today wearing a plate carrier BDU pants and bloused boots with patches that said "RANGER UNIT" across the front and back and one that said "shit magnet". His chest holster was empty too.
>>
>>32152281
Then go back. Why stay in a situation when you long to go to something else?
>>
>>32152281
Honestly man re-enlist now for a cushier job. im a former 11b some good schools. I've waited to long to do it i would reenlist today for the 35 series if my age didnt keep me out.

Dude your only going to get pissed at the VA and your body will break down from being lethargic. reenlist man.
>>
>>32153139

your a faggot pls kys. an it doesn't work like that. even after heavy vetting more than likely you will be denied for people of the country your applying
>>
>>32152281
Was in the same spot Senpai. Went into law enforcement at a smaller department not some massive city and im happy now. Squad mentality and fierce loyalty with others. Im in a pretty libertarian area and police force so no big push for traffic BS or to go out and fuck with normal people. Still get some asshats looking to commit big crime in area (Robvery, Burglary, Entering Auto) spend most time of 12 hour shift dealing with them or BSing with squad and patrolling. I love it. Im blessed to have a good department as ove heard horror stories from others. We get good training and equipment our training sgt has 13 years of experiance from the marines and about 12 from law enforcement. Dude is an older guy that knows his shit. Everyday is different and in a ways its harder. Seen way more fucked up shit here then I did from 2 deployments to Iraq.
>>
Go to college for fucking tard. You have the GI Bill. College chicks will take your mind off it.
>>
>>32153139
>>32153816

Unless you're Jewish
>>
>>32152281
>tfw days left on rotation = infinity
>>
File: 1324503195002.jpg (210KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
1324503195002.jpg
210KB, 489x500px
>>32152638
KKEK!
>>
>>32153928
What area? I dont expect you to tell which department, but im just curious. Im in a 500+ sworn personnel department and its so political it hurts. Thinking of relocation, plus 12 hour shifts sound badass.
>>
>>32154287
Sorry for the late response. Wyoming. I started in a small town in South Carolina. It wasnt bad but my wife is a large animal vet and she got hired on out here so we moved. I love 12s. You only work 14-15 days a month.
>>
Are there any militias that can give the feeling and camaraderie of being a soldier?
>>
>>32153186
post office?
>>
>non military fags will never understand this feel

The military is more than just a job
>>
File: 1460568249402.jpg (870KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1460568249402.jpg
870KB, 2560x1600px
i would join the military but I would not want to wear body armour and muh webbing and a helmet and shit like that. fuck that, go light or go home.
>>
>>32157612
"""Light""" infantry carries more shit than mechanized infantry does. Kek
>>
File: Rabbies.jpg (28KB, 255x391px) Image search: [Google]
Rabbies.jpg
28KB, 255x391px
>>32152281
Join the ATF Senpai.
>>
ever notice how everythign that is morally wrong is worshipped by you satanists ? you then ask for entitlements and a welfare warfare state when you are out while others of us actually realize what we did was wrong and have to deal with that for the rest of our lives ? its not a mental illness its realizing reality. As for advice Id say start a fucking militia and build a legal compound live on a commune.
>>
Serious question,

Why don't more vets join PMCs and make 6 figures to shoot the exact same kebabs?
>>
>>32157967
They dont just hire any old 11b. Most contractors require actual conbat experience.
>>
File: 1423605577654.jpg (258KB, 1075x473px) Image search: [Google]
1423605577654.jpg
258KB, 1075x473px
>>32157621
>>
>>32158066
It's not bait though. Light carries all their gear and their ruck and everything.
Mech rides up in a Bradley or Stryker and dismounts from there, then goes back in and drives to the next spot.
>>
>>32152281

Join an FBI/ATF/DHS honey p- I mean militia.
>>
At least now I can put my hands in my pockets.
>>
>>32158837
Exactly. Humping that shit around all.day is harder than driving around in it.

Trust me.
>>
>>32158004
last time i heard they wanted EMT's and doctors
>>
>>32152281
go in the guard, have fun being a soldier every now and then but you'll be able to return to your own bed and do what you want.
>>
>>32157834
>Instead of shooting hadjis shot doggo

pls
>>
>>32152281
Buddy I know how you feel. I've been out 7 years now and I still feel the same way you do. Being back in civvie society blows. Talking about the things you're mentioning gets you put on the psycho list and immediately scares people and at worse costs you your job. Talking/joking about death bad. Talking about how much of a scumbag you are playing everyone and making yourself ever closer to earning a bullet to the noggin, good.

Everyone has double standards and plays favorites. Camaraderie is non-existent unless they try to use that feeling to get you to do shit they won't. No job will ever make you feel whole again Anon, or at least I haven't found it. I'm almost ready to just leave and live out in the woods or something, Getting pretty fed up.
>>
>>32152281
Time to become a mercenary, OP.
>>
>>32153816
When I was getting out in 2012 Australia was pushing hard to recruit US military veterans who were separating. Specifically pilots, SOF, intel, and one or two other CMFs. And then you had the opportunity to transfer to any Commonwealth military after a few years.

I contemplated it for a minute and then decided it wasn't worth it just to get to transfer to Bermuda and get issued a Mini 14. And I wanted to continue working in the IC.
>>
>>32152281
The military sucks, bro. I'm still debating whether to ride out that 20 years or get out ASAP

Daily reminder your "friends" disappear once you get out of contact with them. They never call or text you to see how YOU are doing, but you're the one to initiate contact to see how THEY are doing.
>>
>>32152281

I understand the feeling and I sympathize with the draw of going back in, especially right after leaving. It will go away, trust me. Exponentially more so if you're any sort of individual who has what it takes to be successful on this side of the fence. The military is just going to chew you up and send you packing with bad lower joints and nothing to really show for it.

Live life a little and you might find that it's a different stride, but one you like. Adjustment can be hard, even painful. I spent a good year or so after the fact addicted to benzos, opiates, and alcohol. I really can't drink anymore because my hepatic system is so trashed from APAP intake. In the end though, it all worked out. I got a first rate education from a top ten and I got it for practically free. I married an excellent woman that I trust explicitly and whom is very successful herself. I'm a med school withdrawal turned Ph.D candidate and life is pretty good. None of that would have ever happened if I had stayed in. I miss a handful of things about the Army, but by and large it's a useless institution for the individual.

The feeling will come back, just in a different way. In ways that could have never happened in the military because it's so unhealthy for people. Get your shit together, don't fall in the drug/booze/cheap women hole, use your G.I. Bill smartly and go about your life. In five years you're going to look back and go "God damn, what the fuck was I thinking."

Take care.
>>
>>32162682

You've grown up ma boy...
>>
>>32152281
Its been two years since I got out. I still think about afghanistan. I dont think I ever will stop. I have a family, a good job, all that trappings of the civilian world. It all feels...empty.

Its ok, life goes on. If you are single, shit hot, and your body isint destroyed consider a job in any intelligence field, or as a "trainer" for foreign national military.
>>
>>32163078
>a family, a good job, all that trappings of the civilian world.
>It all feels...empty.

That is just the feeling of being totally memed by life. Try thinking for yourself for once.
>>
>>32152281
You and me both man.
>>
>>32152281
get a job in a restaurant kitchen
>>
File: laughing newman.gif (978KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
laughing newman.gif
978KB, 229x176px
>>32156626
>>
For me civilian life is nothin'! In the field without a code of honor. You watch my back I watch yours. Back here there's nothin'!Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job PARKING CARS!!!! UUHHHH!!!!!Wha...I can't...oh, I jus--omigod. Where is everybody? Oh God...I...I had a friend, who was Danforth. Wha--I had all these guys man. Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothin'. Remember Danforth? He wore this black head band and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Feron, 'Hey mail us to Las Vegas cause we were always talkin' about Vegas, and this fucking car. This uh red '58 Chevy convertible, he was talkin' about this car, he said we were gonna cruise till the tires fall off. We were in this bar in Saigon. And this kid comes up, this kid carryin' a shoe shine box, and eh he says uh 'shine please, shine.' I said no, eh an' uh, he kept askin' yeah and Joey said 'yeah,' and I went to get a couple beers and the ki--the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fuckin' blew his body all over the place. And he's layin' there and he's fuckin' screamin', there's pieces of him all over me, jus like--! like this. And I'm tryin' to pull em off you know? And ehe.. MY FRIEND IT'S ALL OVER ME! IT'S GOT BLOOD AND EVERYTHING! And I'm tryin' to hold him together I put him together his fucking insides keep coming out, AND NOBODY WOULD HELP!! Nobody help me. He sayin' plea I wanna go home I wanna go home. He keeps callin' my name, I wanna go home Johnny, I wanna drive my Chevy. I said well WHY I can't find your fucking legs. I can't find you legs. (softly now) I can't get it out of my head. I fuc..I dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I dunno where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day--a week. (Almost inaudible) I can't put it out of my mind...fucking...I can't......
>>
File: 1453926497349.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1453926497349.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
>>32157948
???
>>
>>32158951

That's the point of what he said, shitheel.

>>32152281

It never stops and you'll never get over it and you'll always be texting your old battles and you'll feel like you've been punched in the dick when you see the pictures on Facebook and it never gets out of your system.

There's so much out here for you to do. You just won't feel it, though. Not like you felt that other.
>>
File: Feels bad.jpg (150KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
Feels bad.jpg
150KB, 746x982px
Me and my bro spent 6 years in the army. We've been through college in the same degree program for 3. We've both got a decent chance of picking up $170k overseas contracting jobs in the same company. Today he caught me looking at 2016 Military Payscales.
>>
>>32163799

Listen to me if I talk?
>>
>>32163821
Heyoo. Something about rose colored glasses and the Army sucks these days?
>>
>>32152281
Same here, got out of the muhreens about two months ago and am now looking into applying for a job as a field agent at ICE.

I actually enlisted put of a misguided sense of patriotism, I ended in the middle east but saw no combat, all I know is that I still want to serve my country

>lol you didnt defend freedom in the military

I get this, which is why I still want to join some kind of public service for the nation, might as well start by removing illegal beans
>>
>>32163799
Whats you degree? Who are the companies?
What was your branch/job/highest rank?
>>
>>32158066
>be AAV crewman
>grunts humo everywhere in the Kuwaiti/Iraqi desert with their house on their back
>strap my gear on the front or in the radio cage inside
>tear ass across the desert fuckin with bedouins/shooting wild Iraqi mutant bear dogs from the TC

Shits cash
>>
>>32163855

No, snicker-dick, something about making 170K a year while being surrounded by the high-speeds scraped off the top echelons of good soldiers.

Listen, guy, 170K a year surrounded by the quality of people you miss most is the bees fucking knees, and you won't have to deal with PV2 Fuckless coming to you with his cock in his pocket because he fucked something blue and then beat his fucking wang too hard.

I would kill a bus full of children with only fishing line and a multi-tool for your opportunity.
>>
>>32163889
At the risk of somewhat dox, fuck it. Helicopter Aviation/Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Lockheed Martin/General Atomics. Aviation/15T(Blackhawk Crewchief/Mechanic)/Lowly shamshield.
>>32163903
Looking at doing launching UAS overseas if I can get the job. My plan when I left the Army was to get a bachelor's, and turn around and get right back in as a warrant officer. Coulda gotten a pilot slot while I was in...Hell my division commander personally told me he'd write me a recommendation for WOCS, but I don't think I'd have made it to 20 years without a degree. The problem is that I want to fly real aircraft and not just launch/recover drones.
>>
>>32163939

In two years, you can be packing in for elk on a unit of land owned by you in Montana, returning to your modernized rustic vacation cabin afterwards, and enjoying a cold beer while slabs of elk sizzle on the grill under a light snow.

Or you can be fucking the duty desk because somebody has to hang around.
>>
>>32157473
Right. It's a shitty job.
>>
Getting a bit feely here, but what is is that draws us men to the service?
>>
>>32164035
Fuuuuu...You bring up a solid point...Not the end all beat all point, but fuck that sounds nice...And somewhat doable. Hate the job, love the money I suppose. The ability to take the money and fuck off at any point is nice too. Which I'm about to do; Class in 6 hours.
>>
>>32164073

usually stupidity and naivety
>>
>>32164073
because they told us it would be hard but fun at times?
>>
And throughout generations, and thousands of miles of separation still there is the urge and the urge to enlist and be a part of it
>>
>>32164075

Fuck off safely.
>>
File: tumblr_nwmql9WPE01stuyvgo7_1280.jpg (657KB, 1280x1598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwmql9WPE01stuyvgo7_1280.jpg
657KB, 1280x1598px
>>32163180
>That is just the feeling of being totally memed by life.
Not the guy you replied to, but what the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: 1464525916687.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1464525916687.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
>>32164194
Not that guy, but I think I understood the sentiment. The fact is that being in the military is the only place for you to experience the fringe extremes of being a human. You look at death, purpose, action/adrenaline, philosophy of war, etc.

Shits pretty fucking cash. But if you feel empty not experiencing it continually, youve essentially become an adrenaline junkie, and its why so many vets are washed up, because you feel there's no where else in the world to get that high in a first world nation.

Its a pretty deep and slightly conjectural analysis, but it holds up for some.

That's called getting memed on, cause ultimately it most likely means you were only in it for yourself. Take a step back and enjoy being alive, enjoy the sunset and find someone to love.

If you really need a sense of being and action, there are plenty of places to look if you're not an obstinate asshole, and PRO TIP, ALL THE CIVVY SIDE ACTION CAREERS, THEY HELP PEOPLE INSTEAD OF HARM.(Not looking to dig on soldiers or be a leftist unity fag, but war is at its center a harmful event)
Go be a cop in an inner city, or a trauma nurse, paramedic or a firefighter. Its out there, fuck, go sign up for a voyage to mars if they figure that shit out.

OP, The poem "Ulysses" by Tennyson describes pretty well what you sound like. And something you need to confront is that getting old and not being high speed all the time is a reality, and that riding out into the sunset still means you have to get up the next day. But that's where people who are introspective come in handy , cuz there's all kinds of cool shit in science, medicine, and law. You might even enjoy teaching or traveling. Just don't waste away, I wish id ve picked that up long ago

>"Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>32164444
I wouldn't say it meant you were in it for yourself, but that you allowed it to overtake your senses.

>TFW I'm permanently autistified cuz of my experience in the marines and will never find someone to love
>>
>>32164463
i love you deviled eggs...

now go to sleep you have duty tomorrow
>>
>>32164444
>it most likely means you were only in it for yourself
So what? What is the problem in that? Isn't everything we do, up to and including dying for a cause, an expression of ourselves?

>Take a step back and enjoy being alive, enjoy the sunset and find someone to love.
You have no idea what we're talking about. The point is we _can't_ enjoy those things. (Unless we almost died that day, I guess. Then everything is fucking beautiful and worth it.)

I love someone, and they love me, but it's never enough to make life fulfilling to me. Something is still missing.

>Go be a cop in an inner city, or a trauma nurse, paramedic or a firefighter.
May be good options. The cop in WY earlier in the thread made it sound really appealing.
>>
>>32158988

yeah and they probably want EMTs and doctors who've been in the field for quite a while, not some loser who just got out of a 3 month class.
>>
>>32164510
I shouldn't have said enjoy being alive. I meant more along the lines of try be be caught up in the day to day human existence, and that the chase of excitement and exploration can be found in the "mundane", just don't ask it to immediately whisk you off you're feet. Some drugs are slower than others.

>so what? Isn't every thing we do an expression of ourselves?
This is the subtle difference between someone who is capable of figuring out how to enjoy shit after soldiering and someone who will struggle.

If you see everything as an avenue to express who you are instead of you participating in something greater than you, the world can only be suffering once you've found what encompasses you. What then? Just masturbation of the material? I'd want to off myself if that was the only shit left, try to see it from a different perspective
>>
File: 1470253448042.png (64KB, 421x396px) Image search: [Google]
1470253448042.png
64KB, 421x396px
>>32164510
Christ is what is supposed to fill that gap anon. There's a reason your searching for something, and its because you've tasted experiences that transcend our existence. And if you're an antitheist, at least try reading something like Romans, James, or Ecclesiastes as an academic excerise.

TFW I know people are always searching, but never find.
>>
>>32163712
OK. Stay lazy.
>>32163902
These people think they are "Infantry". Lol, No. How was MCT?
>>
>>32152377

>There's a reason most vets have a bad rap and people don't like them. They bring it upon themselves for being entitled assholes.

I'm a vet and even I don't like being around other veterans. A lot of them are chest-thumping jagoffs who refuse to gain any sort of real-world experience and continue to live in the past.

I actually had to talk to one of the vets at my college because he kept relating shit to his experiences in Afghanistan... in a class about colonial-era Africa. Shit didn't make sense.
>>
>>32164941
Grunt fag from Marines. Same.

It's usually Army guys tho. So I sit in silence in class and just witness the autism.
>>
>>32165029
>its usually army guys though
M8 I'm gonna be honest most of the cringy ones I see are marines 55 and younger
>>
>>32165326
>M8

Already flagged as a European. No straight American says that.

It's usually Army simply because they are the largest branch and have more numbers.
>>
>>32165339
I live as a med tech in fucking Mississippi, maybe that's a part of it, but 6/10 cringey vets I've met were marines, and I don't even believe in muhreen shitposting.

>no true Scotsman fallacy
God cervixfags on this board can be so cancerous
>>
I have already done my conscription and this thread well...

What the fuck, seriously?
>>
>>32165534
Faggots from Mississippi who call people "mate" are cringier than I could ever hope to be.

Enjoy failure. Oops I meant enjoy life... as a failure.

At least I gotz me some GI Bill and some edumication.
>>
>>32165599
>He in unironically thinks how someone types on the internet is how they would speak in actual conversations that aren't on a sharkboy and lavagirl cosplay emporium.
>he thinks that being a med tech doesn't require a bachelors and I'm not making 62k a year(not too much but its comfy down here)

Maybe the muhreen meme is true...damn
>>
>>32165662
You make less than me? Ouch.
>>
>>32165683
Ah yes, because you're arguement has dwindled to a dick measuring contest
>and this doesn't prove my original point

I think I fell for bait holy shit
>>
>>32165699
No I'd just think you'd make more since so smart. I'm a claims investigator and make a little over $70k. I don't bait. Saying shit is when you can't hold a conversation is tho.
>>
File: 1474233728244.jpg (152KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1474233728244.jpg
152KB, 1280x1381px
>>32158951
Not true. Putting up with all the bullshit faggotry in a heavy unit is much harder than being light. At least when being light you have pride, heavy is just a baby tank desu.
>>
File: AFP_Getty-512347371.jpg (338KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
AFP_Getty-512347371.jpg
338KB, 1200x798px
There's always the French Foreign Legion.
>>
Airsoft with milsimwest is fun and is run by veterans
It's airshit but you can run blanks if your not a retarded felon who can't legally drink.
>>
File: 1480386410560.jpg (164KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480386410560.jpg
164KB, 1024x576px
>>32165566
>>32165566
Lol , i am just ended mine too but they really appreciated me and idk if go for a university career or a military career
>>
>>32164932

Why are you calling me lazy? Like where did you get that from? Shut the fuck up, boot.
>>
>>32160554
At my summer job I worked at a boy scout camp and we joked about killing all the scouts and then setting up a scavenger hunt to find all our bodies after we commited suicide and one guy almost killed him self because he said he was gonna kill himself and we thought it was a joke because we joking about killing our selfs also I don't get why joking about that stuff is so bad it can be funny sometimes
>>
File: 1478280515993.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478280515993.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>tfw don't even dream about afghanistan
>if I do have dreams about my time in, it's just nightmares where I've found myself back at reception or fort Leonard Wood as a fucking private
>wake up elated that I'm not back there
>still miss being able to run around in combat gear, blowing shit up, shooting faggots in the face and talking about which hand I use to jerk off with my buddies while sitting on another mind numbing day of watch or QRF

On the other hand, the (admittedly few) times I ever got into a firefight, I was fucking unbelievably scared and every single time I truly believed I was going to die, 100%. I don't miss that feeling, but I do miss the insane adrenaline and the feeling of having a gigantic swinging dick after successfully repelling an ambush or conducting a raid
>>
>>32166499
>literally no punctuation
kys
>>
I feel like the FFL is calling me. I did my time in the us army, I need it again but somewhere else this time.
>>
>>32166601
I'm typing this on my phone I don't have time for that. Sorry.
>>
File: 1476929223060.jpg (112KB, 1692x924px) Image search: [Google]
1476929223060.jpg
112KB, 1692x924px
Is it too late to enlist bros?

College is gay as fuck. I wanna fly helicopters, or kick down doors and shoot ragheads in the face.
>>
>>32166935
Wars over man.
>>
>>32152281
Private security my nigga
>>
>>32166935
>Enlist now.
>US gets buddy buddy with Russia
>Joint training and shit with the reds
Hell yeah
>>
>>32166765
Lazy shit
>>
File: ruckgate.jpg (233KB, 1635x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ruckgate.jpg
233KB, 1635x1023px
>>32166935
Army bruh, street to seat, become a warrant officer and fly some shit. My wife did it at 25, no college.
>>
>>32167111
No one that actually joins the military likes Russia tho, /k/ memes don't exist in real life.
>>
File: EUCOM Image.jpg (150KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
EUCOM Image.jpg
150KB, 1000x664px
>>32167151
but those sweet parade medals
>>
>>32162663
Bruh, not even a milfag and all my friends are like this, except for two. This is the social media generation where actual friendships are dead.

I really hate trying to chat with a friend and all they do is occasionally mumble a response while staring at their phone. Dude, you invited me over and this is what you wanted to do?
>>
Fire department... small to medium sized. (You avoid politics) 30-50 front line County based service (avoid city based)

Literally work 75 days a year, unlimited OT, $90,000 a year with benefits that can't be matched. Sit around talking about shit you can't talk about in public, your station mates are brothers. Prank and joke, workout together, fuck around together, camp/hike/shoot/drink off duty together.
>>
>>32167254
What you forgot to mention is that it's hard to get a full time position and a lot of your co-workers are fat fucking slobs, and you have to depend on their fat asses to save you if you call a mayday in a building

t. Firefighter

Though to be fair my experience is small town volunteer/call depts that works with a small city
>>
File: Amtracker.jpg (1008KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Amtracker.jpg
1008KB, 3072x2048px
>>32164932
Where did I say I was infantry?
>>
>>32164073
raging erections for fun tacticool shit, and being around buds.
>>
>>32164073
Only the strongest survive, do you dare enlist and find out?
>>
>>32167278

Yea.... No....

What you fail to mention is that you "pick" your department. No one forces you. Pick a department that is professional and is heading in the right direction. We have no fatties at my department, its why I joined it.

Vets get preference points, in the PNW right now there are over 300 fire jobs open and 400+ law enforcement.

I literally have gone to every state academy graduation in the last year as our department keeps picking up new folks.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.