[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMINAJAM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

/k/ i need your help. newish to guns, first time shooting pistol, Im at the range, got through my first box of ammo everythings going ok. move on to the maxxtech 9mm ammo and 4 shots in my pistol jams with the slide open, also the point where i should have stopped. queue like 4 more jams as im just trying to clear 25 rounds and now it jams with the slide closed. m1911a1, cant open the slide to dissasemble, cant put the safety on.
how unjam plz
>>
>>32144680
>9mm 1911
It's the ghost of Samuel Colt putting the abomination to rest.
>>
>>32144714
ima just a fag whos scared of dindus.
mock not my purchase, mock me because im retarded
>>
>>32144680
id say force the slide back. i had an issue witg my m48 where, after firing, i couldn't work the bolt to eject. the casings probably don't fit correctly in the barrel

don't use that ammo in that gun then
>>
>>32144742
Nah I'm just busting your balls, it's probably the ammo. Different guns handle different ammo differently. Buy a box of different ammo and run through it. If these problems continue call the factory and inquire about warranties/gunsmithing and the like.
As for opening it. It's a 1911, it likes it rough. Grab the slide and pull back hard. If that doesn't open it put it upside down in a vise with a towel over the slide and push on the frame to open the slide. If that fails, gunsmith is your only hope.
>>
status: fail to open, have handheld vice grip still didnt budge, going to a local gunsmith soon. last time i buy cheap ass ammo, forgive me for my sins i just wanted practice.
>>
>>32144680
is that chambered in .45 ACP instead of 9mm?

Are you retarded, OP?

Also, sounds like a stuck case.

CLEAN THE CHAMBER AND BORE GOOD BEFORE SHOOTING.

Don't leave any oil or solvent or any liquid in the barrel either, it can cause a pressure spike and bulge the barrel.
>>
>>32144846
no its a 9mm, though i probably am still retarded.

and youre right i did not clean before shooting

i think whats actually stuck in there is a live round, i cant quite remember, the range was a few hours ago. swhy i was upset i couldnt put the safety on
>>
>>32144865
cycle a few rounds through it manually once you get the case out.

examine the cartridges afterward to make sure they're the same length as the unchambered rounds (no bullet setback, i.e., bullet getting pushed back into the case).

just to be sure.
>>
>>32144926
you know that is one thing i noticed when i was picking up rounds that were ejected when i was clearing some other jams, a few were seated a bit further back in the case. i didn't realize this was a bad thing so i probably stuck them back in the mag.
hoping the gunsmith can fix this, i live in a pretty shit neighborhood
>>
on a side note, what the hell do i do with this shitty ammo now. i still have a whole nother box of it i now dont wanna touch
>>
>>32144680

>maxxtech

There's your problem
>>
>>32144926
>examine the cartridges afterward to make sure they're the same length as the unchambered rounds (no bullet setback, i.e., bullet getting pushed back into the case).
this is a bad test because chambering is going to cause bullet setback depending on the design. thats just part of the loading process when the bullet hits the ramp or doesn't it depends on the gun and feed angle.

anyways the issue is when you repeatedly chamber the same round. getting a minor amout of bullet setback and firing imediatly after is normal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.