[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fake news?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1381926473560.jpg (385KB, 1190x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1381926473560.jpg
385KB, 1190x1024px
o/k/ I recently finished reading this book,

Ukraine: Zbig's Grand Chessboard & How the West Was Checkmated by Natylie Baldwin.

The final chapter discussed the 2014 incident of the USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea, and how a new electronic weapon called Khibiny was used by a Russian plane to disable the fourth gen destroyer, demoralising the crew and leading the Pentagon to file a complaint.

Link: https://www.voltairenet.org/article185860.html

So, youtube / msm seem split on this. Some say it occurred, others say it is a hoax.

Thoughts k?
>>
this is faker than fake
>>
>>32141992
Thanks cia im convinced now
>>
>>32141960
Tbh Russians are very good at making electronic warfare systems
>>
Why would they design and manufacture a version of a cutting edge ECM for an aircraft that's old and being phased out?
Even the Khibiny manufacturer says they didn't.

Why would Russia reveal its hand to an adversary that has access to more money and more engineers and scientists than Russia could ever dream of.
Doing this is like sending the pentagon a letter.

>We're doing very well in the area of electronic warfare, you should consider dumping more of your vast resources into your own research and development. We will now provide you with an incident so you can scare your old politicians and get more money you are very welcome. -Sergei
>>
>>32141960
That whole USS Donald Cook incident is fake, even Russians themselves do not claim about their plane jam the destroyer, except some hardcore vatniks
>>
>>32141960
There's no proof that it happened save a few shitty blogs spruced up to look legit on English oriented Russian new sites. This is the same nation that can't even decommission a nuclear cruise because they literally don't know how. There's no way they're out performing the West (x10 USA) on electronics, and if anybody wants to entertain that idea, Apple says hello.
>>
>>32142181
Provide not only a incident, but also tons of valuable data on it works and thus how to counterfuck it
>>
As as I know, the original source of the whole Donald Cook story is some turbovatnik blog, take that as you will.
>>
The directed output of the radar on a DDG is far more than what you can put on a fighter
>>
Sounds like RT bullshit to me. The EW system exists, but it wasn't mounted on that SU-24.
>>
>>32142106
If by "very good at making" you mean "very good at claiming they are very good at making".
>>
>>32141960
Its fake. Russians are too retarded.
>>
>>32141960
>ukraine

no such thing
>>
>>32141960
I'm going to get the book, just because.

Thanks.
>>
>>32141960
few years back there was a vid on youtube about a test rocket some egg heads made at some fucking government site

dunno if it's classified or some shit

it was a room with computers and this missle was fired the missle flew past the room and the area not blowing up just flying past it all the computers and the electronics went dead it was some kind of emp rocket a fat white dude come on camera and talked about how happy he is it worked and shit

so yeah would not be supprised if there is a stuff like that but arn't military equipment emp prof incase of a nuke attack?
>>
>>32142181
because its an electronic warefare and needs to be used with an analogue plane ecm would just fry it
>>
>>32141960
>the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized
>According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.
If nothing else, this should tell you it's fake. The vatnik who dreamt up the original story couldn't resist slipping in that 'russia so strong burgers will just quit the moment they even look at them' bit.
>>
>>32144317
Psh, the only reason why they didn't quit was because the secret service officer on board threatened to send their families to fema camps. The marines arrived and flogged the most senior deserters.

The next flyover didn't cause any panic. By then, the crew was replaced by illegal immigrants and the automated systems were hacked by the chinese. The captain was too busy fellating the ukrainian observer in his cabin to notice.
>>
>>32142209
If the US government tells the rest of the planet the Russians jammed their most advanced radar, they look bad, Russia looks good, US eventually spends lots of money to fix it without knowing the actual reason it got knocked out.

All together now:
"It's only taxpayer dollars!"
>>
>>32142944
>a muzzie calling anyone retarded
>>
>>32144273
>an electronic warfare would just fry it
>>
We are going to make really loud noises in your general direction
>>
>>32144273
This is about as retarded as the "Gipsy Danger is analog" line from Pacific Rim. Unless your aircraft is powered by a coal burning steam turbine turning a hydraulic compressor and you handle navigation with a sextant, you're going to have problems if you set off an EMP right on top of yourself.
>>
>>32145216
At first I thought you might have gotten it confused with the nukes in Godzilla but then I remembered Pacific Rim pulled that retarded shit too.
>>
>>32144885
Is there anyone here that can decipher this disaster-zone of a post?
>>
>>32145391
The truth, like snow coffee and pigeon tuesday, is ephemeral.
>>
>>32145184
I fart in your general direction!
>>
LOL Good trolling, OP. Very entertaining.
>>
>>32141960
>everything is the fault of an angry old polish guy that's making the west want to go to war with poor, poor russia

my favorite vatnik meme
>>
>>32141960
>fake news
please don't use this term unironically unless you're referring the MSM.
>>
>>32145216
>Gipsy Danger is analog
Wasn't it referring to having older cold war era EMP/radiation hardened systems built to withstand earlier reactors rather than modern digital systems that were faster? The newer jaegers weren't protected because kaiju were a bigger threat than EMPs (til hong kong) and they had better reactor shielding post Mk. 3s.
>>
>>32141960
Russian fake ass propaganda news.

Make outrageous and false claim. When US/Brits/etc denies, just claim denials are just to avoid embarrassment.
>>
>>32145184
While I generally think Russians are major league scumbags and should be wiped from this Earth, I have to admit, those flyovers were bad ass.
>>
>>32143182
>Eggheads
Oh god not you again.
>>32144273
That's like saying you need a robot to fire a gun because it would kill a person.
>>
>>32145216
>>32141960
plane is pic was analogue
>>
>>32149017
its saying you need a robot to blow itself up because the explosion it contains would kill a human
>>
>>32145760
how about you stop defend a movie who put less thought in its scrip than you just did defend it
>>
>>32149017
>>32150186
or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane
>>
>Pentagon files complaint about sailors hurt feelings. Claims Russians violated their safe space.

Sounds legit
>>
>>32141960

I`d say this is fake. What I think what really happened, destroyer experienced electrical malfunctions. This is just an excuse to pump more money into some dubious research
>>
>>32141960
>A bunch of sailors got PTSD because their radar got temporarily jammed

I'm not even that anti-russian but i've heard about this a gazillion times and its obviously very low-IQ fake bullshit
>>
>>32142944
you are nobodies bro here
you never will be
Doesnt matter if you see /k/ as your own echo chamber
>>
>>32149017
God damn pro egghead supporter
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.