[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DA/SA practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1468410617625.png (2MB, 825x830px) Image search: [Google]
1468410617625.png
2MB, 825x830px
To any and all anons that own DA/SA pistols, do you actually practice the double action shot and the additional transition to single action when you go shooting? Or do you just load up a mag, never think of decocking it before you start shooting?

Don't worry, this is the internet. You're completely anonymous if you admit to not shooting it decocked.
>>
Normally just SA.

Anyone have a good way to decock a SP-01? doesnt come with a decocker.
>>
>>32140461
iirc, the tactical model has a decocker. You can always hold the hammer and ease it back as you pull the trigger but I would advise just shooting it like a 1911.
>>
>>32140485
fair enough. Im worried about NDing if the hammer slips
>>
>>32140410
wow, that's the hottest dark skin I've ever seen
>>
>>32140410
I carry an LH9 in DA+ so... sort of both?

>>32140530
>hold back hammer
>pull trigger
>start letting down hammer
>release trigger
>continue to lower hammer
The sear should catch the hammer before it falls all the way, and the firing pin block will be re-engaged anyway. Always point in a safe direction, of course.
>>
>>32140810
They have a half cock, take some practice to avoid just getting stuck on that, but it'll still give you a DA pull then.
>>
>>32140990
"Half cock" is a very loose term for it, it's nowhere near half. But if you read follow what I described, it will place the hammer there.
>>
I did when my primary carry piece was a PPKS. First shot double action. Safety decocker etc.

Switched to a striker fired about 5 years ago tho.

Switched to strikers about 5 years ago.
>>
>>32140461
cz 75s are easy as fuck to manually decock. stick thumb between hammer and slide, pull trigger, fully release trigger. move finger hammer drops to halfcock.
practice a it few times
>>
>>32140410
I practice the transition, I've got plenty of DA pistols do it isn't extremely different for me.
>>
>>32140410

I do DA to SA since in some IDPA matches you have to start in DA if your pistol is DA/SA. It also makes more sense since it takes longer to chamber a round and get on target or partial break your grip to pull the hammer than just to have a long first pull.
>>
>>32140410
I carry a USPC. In dry fire I just shoot DA.
When I go to the range though I spend a decent amount of time going from the DA to SA shot after reading up on it from, I think, Langdon or some people over at pistoltraining.

Makes a big difference because a lot of people do end up having a very clean DA shot and then throwing that SA shot by mistake. I think it's related to flinch, people snatch the trigger with more force expecting a heavier/longer DA pull rather than focusing on just a smooth pull regardless of the trigger type.
>>
File: 1473839613552.jpg (654KB, 1200x671px) Image search: [Google]
1473839613552.jpg
654KB, 1200x671px
>>32141822
>Langdon or some people over at pistoltraining.

His three part double action video on his youtube page is gold. That and Lucky Gunner's series on DA/SA pistols too are both incredibly good videos.

If Langdon ever hosts a pistol class in Florida, I'm signing up in a heartbeat.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.