[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Shootin' Range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Range-pic.jpg (306KB, 2672x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Range-pic.jpg
306KB, 2672x1371px
Hi /k/, I'm going to a shooting range for the first time tomorrow. I've never been to an actual shooting range, but I have been shooting guns for years.

Is there any kind of range etiquette I should be aware of?
>>
>>32139852
Don't shoot when the range is cold. Don't shoot other peoples targets. Don't flag other people.
>>
>>32139852

it sucks, it's loud, someone's girlfriend who is new to guns is going to shoot you by accident
>>
>>32139879
this

youre a gonner OP
>>
>>32139852
Silver Eagle Group?
Ayy I work in Ashburn.
>>
>>32139852

oh yeah and I forgot, some retard is going to rent a 500s&w and its going to hurt through your ear pro
>>
File: image-20160222_164914.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image-20160222_164914.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>32139909
I forgot to mention, Indoor ranges are shit.
If you are west of leesburg, go to 340 Defense they are just across the VA/WV border and 100x better, outdoor, virtually no rules (go nuts, just don't shoot somebody)
They have rentals at 340, and it is $20 an hour, and 35 a year for a basic membership.
http://www.340defense.com/
Pic Related, 340s pistol range
>>
Follow the God damned rules even if they're gay, and don't break the Cardinal rules.
>>
>>32139909
>>32139977

Sorry for the confusion anon, I just picked a random Google Image Search result for shooting range and posted it. I don't live near there.
>>
What kinda eyepro you rocking, op? Don't say none
>>
>>32140173
Regular clear safety glasses. Is there any reason to buy special shooting safety glasses? I've never worn special glasses.
>>
>>32140303
Not really it just looks weird if you bought something like the safety glasses from home depot.

Your favorite sunglasses are fine, if you need tacticool glasses try wiley x.
>>
AR-15s are disproportionately loud for their size and the cartridge they fire.
>>
Just be safe, they'll boot you out if you aren't, but are happy to help.
Make sure ammo meets guns at the shooting area.
If they have ceasefires don't fuck with your guns during it.
Most ranges are pretty darn clear about safety rules.
>>
Don't shoot tannerite targets indoors.
>>
usually, indoor ranges will be more strict on rules. It's going to be louder as well, so double up on earpro because if your muff slips or moves, you're going to get ear fucked.
Also don't hit the line or hangers, you'll put that booth out of commission and the people running the range would have to call range cold to fix it, affecting everyone or they won't be able to go fix it and they would be out one slot for shooters and creating longer wait times.

The rest is really just common sense and decency.
>>
File: persol_PO_0714_FOLDING_24_31_B.jpg (17KB, 550x244px) Image search: [Google]
persol_PO_0714_FOLDING_24_31_B.jpg
17KB, 550x244px
>>32140343
>Your favorite sunglasses are fine

There are going to look way dumber at an indoor range than any safety glasses.
>>
>>32141211
My favorite thing to do when visiting ranges for competition was pop the lenses out of a cheap pair of glasses.
Never one caught shit for it.
>>
You're gonna get set up and the guy firing the shit out of his AK is going to fling brass at you.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (58KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
58KB, 680x497px
Don't shoot .460 magnum in an indoor range
>>
>>32139852
Always point the gun in a safe direction (downrange)
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot

It's that easy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.