[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig P226

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1310.jpg (23KB, 490x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
23KB, 490x330px
Who owns/has owned a P226? Specifically a MK25? Looking into one as my next purchase. All opinions welcome
>>
>>32139287
Get one of these air force pilot surplus ones.
http://rockeguns.com/product/sig-sauer-military-issue-m11a1-9mm-nato-pilot/
>>
The M11A1 is based off of a 228, not a 226 IIRC. 2 different guns
>>
>>32139287
Can't really give you too much info but I have a German 226. Really smooth double action trigger pull and I like the placement of the decocker where I can use it without altering my firing grip.

If you want the MK25, make sure you know what exactly sets it apart from other 226's or you'll just be wasting your money.
>>
File: Left Side.jpg (588KB, 1575x886px) Image search: [Google]
Left Side.jpg
588KB, 1575x886px
Pic related is mine, op (please ignore the oil, pic was taken during a cleaning session).

To ignore all of the Sig shitposting/muh anchor/fanboi bickering and get to the point: it is absolutely one of the best handguns I've ever owned, and imo the top performing out of the box production wondernines available (not including designer/customs).

I would also personally stand by the statement that the differences the Mk25 have over other variants (night sights, better finish coating, tighter tolerances) are actually noticeable and worth getting. I say this specifically in reference to the Legion model, which also comes with a number of upgrades, because having fired a standard 226, my Mk25, and the 226 Legion, it's easy to tell that you're paying significantly more than you need to for the snowflake status of the Legion when you consider what you get, compared to the Mk25. I personally don't think the Legion is worth the cost (they are still great guns, just overpriced) however I think the Mk25 is (also look for slightly used ones, you can save a ton).

Most people who don't outright despise the 226 agree that it's a very ergonomic and comfortable shooter (especially if you add some G10s like pic related) and has a smooth, consistent trigger pull better than most (if not all, although debatable) DA/SAs which leads to consistent accuracy in your shots.

If you want a 226, I would absolutely recommend the Mk25 over any other variant, given their normal price points. If you're not hard pressed specifically for a 226 or a Sig at all, I would still recommend it and would suggest you line up all your possible brands/models and really focus on what specific aspects are important to you. My Mk25 is one of the few guns I know I'll keep for life, so I think if you check it out and you like it a little, you'll end up liking it a lot.
>>
>>32139287
Never owned but I was a line coach for the M11. Same fun. Huge fan of the sig but I can't speak on the variant you're talking about. It shoots like butter in the way a 1911 does and it feels perfect in my large hands
>>
File: HD 226.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
HD 226.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I have a p226 DAK in .40 as my nightstand gun, and i love it to death. i would have preferred a da/sa, but 375$ was too good to pass up.
>>
I came across a 226 Elite for $600 that had never been shot. On our last trip, all three of us shot far better with that than anything else we had brought with us. I'm holding on to it...
>>
>>32139465
This guy is a giant cockmongling douche. I'd buy Turkish shit before I bought anything from this scamming faggot.
>>
>>32140656
Would you still buy that if you had a sa/da? I kinda want one cause it's an interesting system but already have a 220 and 227 so a traditional 226 might be the better choice. IDK
>>
>>32141175
Definitely. There are a lot of mixed views about DAK, but i shoot it well, and its something different, sets it apart from the majority of sigs i see at my local range.
>>
>>32140381
Pretty much this.

I scrimped and saved to make the mk25 my first pistol and fuck was it worth it.

Everything this anon said is correct. Poorfags on /k/ will argue that you should get a glock or some 50 year old slav gun because they don't understand quality and having money, but do understand what you're buying.

Also, get the short reset trigger if it doesn't come with one already (at cabelas I was a dumb shit and bought the model that didn't have the srt over the one that did because I was at the time afraid of popping off extra shots)
>>
>>32141240
Really, the SRT isn't necessary if you know how to prep the trigger when the gun recoils.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.