[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boot Camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: EGA 17.jpg (124KB, 906x962px) Image search: [Google]
EGA 17.jpg
124KB, 906x962px
Im going to Boot Camp tomorrow morning, AMA
>>
>>32138749
*this recruit is going to boot camp tomorrow morning
>>
Who are you getting to read this post to you, faggot?
>>
>>32138749
No one cares, it's open enrollment. They take anyone who can sign the contract. It's not like they're selective. They always need cooks and painters.
>>
>>32138769
Tru

>>32138777
Kek is looking apparently

>>32138790
Thats sort of true. You have to pass the ASVAB to get in but you have to be seriously retarded to fail that, and even then you can get a waiver but you will be something like a cook
>>
>>32138749
the boot camp book says
"you must first walk before you run"
its complete BS if you walk you will die
>>
>>32138844
topkek its just another way for them to make life a living hell for you at first
>>
how long did you wait between signing your contract and tomorrow anon
>>
>>32138895
For me it was about 7 months but that was because when I enlisted all the slots in my MOS (infantry) were filled, so I had to wait until the beginning of the next fiscal year for my slots to open up. But if you sign open contract or some obscure job usually you can leave within a month
>>
>>32138749
I don't have any questions but some advice. The DS does not hate you, remember it's all just mind games, and try to stay off the radar(you won't be able to) and go with the flow.

Good luck anon, I did ten years and miss it.
>>
Where'd I leave my keys?
>>
>>32138812
>You have to pass the ASVAB

Not even, my Platoon Guide in MCT was an ASVAB waiver during the surge in 2008.
>>
>>32138962
Thank you, yeah thats what all hte other Marines have said, hopefully Ill be able to look back at the DIs in the future and laugh

>>32138972
Did you check your asshole?
>>
>>32138962
This, be the guy that no one notices. Don't try to be the PT stud because you will fuck up and don't drag ass. If your DI says "Wait, who the fuck are you?" at the end then you did good.
>>
>>32138977
>expecting wartime standards to be the same as peacetime standards
>>
>>32138749
How many rocks do you plan on polishing before you get promoted to Lance, and how many times do you think you'll get promoted to Lance
>>
>>32138991
>Don't try to be the PT stud because you will fuck up

>Don't showing what you're capable of and impressing your DI
what the fuck? when did the Marines turned into pussyfied shit?
>>
>>32139037
If you impress them once they're going to expect you to excel in everything. When you inevitably fuck up you will never hear the end of it. Ever.
>>
>>32139037
He gave good advice.

OP repeat after me. JJDIDTIEBUCKLE
>>
>>32139009
Hopefully I get squad leader or do something in boot to get to PFC at graduation so it wont be that long, idk I'll probably do something stupid and get demoted at least once

>>32139037
idk he was probably some pog

>>32139084
So?
>>
>>32139084
>When you inevitably fuck up
Why do you keep saying that? It ain't arrogance if you can back it up-
>>
>>32139116
Everyone will fuck up once, its 3 months
>>
>>32139116
It's bound to happen, you trip, you fall off the wall, you do something even worth scrutinizing. You'll never hear the end of it.
>>
>>32138812
>You have to pass the ASVAB to get in but you have to be seriously retarded to fail that

Failing the ASVAB is a requirement to become a Marine.
>>
>>32139147
>>32139123
Even if you fail to deliver once due to something you just show them next time, either they like it or not because you perform better than they did in their time it's their fucking problem.
>>
>>32139158
>Failing the ASVAB is a requirement to become a Marine.

The Army has a lower passing score and they didn't require a high school diploma until this year kek

In all seriousness though I got a decent score (84) but there were some seriously fucking retarded people that were DEPed in with me and still passed

>>32139197
Im just going to give it my 100% and make it abundantly clear that I am. I know that no matter what theyre going to fuck with me but hopefully if they can tell that Im trying it will be constructive rather than a punishment
>>
>>32139197
one of my classmates was a Marine, he finally got mail in like week 10 and the DI didn't know who he was because he was fucking stealth. Which of course drew attention on him for the last few weeks
>>
>try to join
>95 on ASVAB
>lol you have a sealed criminal record from when your were 16? We'll get you a waiver
>wait 6 months for waiver
>lol no waiver for you, bye!
But I kinda realized that the military is for idiots anyways so its probably for the best
>>
>>32139260
>I fucked up so now everyone that joins the military is an idiot

>>32139231
yeah that happened to my friend and his mom had been sending him protein bars every week so by the time he got them he had like 300 protein bars and he had to finish all of them before he could graduate
>>
File: niggaplease.jpg (61KB, 640x356px)
niggaplease.jpg
61KB, 640x356px
>>32139260
Those grapes were probably sour anyway.
>>
>>32139289
I doubt that... or shits changed. Food was contraband.

The exception was 1 mom wrote our DI and asked if she could send candy during Christmas. She was allowed but had to provide candy for entire platoon.
>>
>>32139289
I didn't like the complete lack of independent thought, the whole 'mindless drone' persona they want everyone whos in to have is soul sucking
>>32139310
what?
>>
File: Smug_4c6167_5762907.jpg (63KB, 640x879px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_4c6167_5762907.jpg
63KB, 640x879px
>>32139260
>Be criminal in anti-criminal society.
>Try to join army.
>"I'm glad I never made it because it's for idiots unlike people who can think ahead of time!"
>>
>>32139359
Cuz you didn't make it and hit the fleet you dip. It's not like boot camp for 4 years.
>>
>>32139330
Yeah it mustve changed because now the parents are allowed to send Cliff or Whey protein bars but thats it. Youll get ITd if they send you anything else or theyll just throw it out if youre lucky

>>32139359
If you can sacrifice all independent thought just from three months of a re-socialization process then you have a weak will to begin with

>>32139383
pretty much
>>
>>32139359
>thinks he's hot shit because 95 asvab
>doesn't remember any of Aesop's fables
>>
>>32138749
Dank u for ur cervix
>>
Ok guy its curfew now i gotta go, May Kek be with me
>>
>>32139466
Kek is with you, don't fuck it up
>>
>>32138749
You're gonna get a pussy ass experience because that fuck decided that he rated suicide on training day 3
just dont be a faggot and dont take things personally.
I'd also say dont act like an entitled shitstain but you're a fucking recruit who rates three squares a day and at least seven hours of sleep a night if you're not a fuck up.
I hate recruits. Fuck you
>angry_spider.jpg
>>
>>32139390
Yep, all the hard blokes who wash out of royal marine commando training because they got beasted to hell and back was because they were too strong willed, DEFINITELY not the other way around right...goddamn lad
>>
>>32138977
MCT Kilo Co Jan 2009 you?
>>
>>32138749
I went to boot camp 16 years ago. AMA.
>>
>>32141542
you member that one time when they took that one fuckers canteen and put a nugget of shit in it and made him drink it when we got IT'd in the morning?

i member
>>
>>32139106
>idk he was probably some pog

And you're not even a recruit yet so maybe you should slow your roll on calling out Marines. You haven't made it yet, boot.
>>
>>32138749
Don't be a complete fucking faggot.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.