[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maryland legal guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 29107-DEFAULT-l.jpg (47KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
29107-DEFAULT-l.jpg
47KB, 900x500px
Hey /k/ marylandfag here.
I finally have the money to get some funs and pretty much everything I like is banned. Any suggestions from other marylandfags?

I was thinking of pic related, which is actually not banned.
>>
>>32137416

move to virginia
>>
>>32137574
I'd love to.
I probably will when I finish college
>>
>>>virginia
>>
>>32137416
VEPRs
>>
We still have ARs, and thats all I really need untiI can move. Heres to hoping the supreme court shoots this shit down one day huh?
>>
So, the interesting thing about the new laws is that, while all of the originally defined "assault weapons" are now banned, there are a lot of rifles that didn't fall into that category.

Pretty much if its not banned by name or a direct copy of a gun banned by name (i.e., all parts interchange) then its cash and carry, no matter how "evil" it looks.

You can get things like Tavors, VEPRs, CETMEs, all AR-10s, HBAR AR15s all the Kel-Tec rifles, VZ58/VZ2008, etc...

You can also get AR15 lowers still because they can be built into compatible rifles (like HBARs).

So just go to a gun store and anything on the wall (rifle wise) is cash and carry.

Check out MDShooters.com. Great resource for the state.

Right now I'm pissed because I really want a c308. The state police incorrectly identified it as a G3 copy (banned) even though it uses CETME (not banned) parts. Some shops are selling them but they are way overpriced and I can't find anyone who will transfer them from online sources.
>>
>>32137653
I thought VEPRs were banned. I'll check it out

>>32137691
If only. At this point that's our only hope. Once Hogan is gone it will only get worse.

>>32137759
I would go to more stores but living in Calvert means at least a 45 minute drive to any store.
>>
File: image.jpg (883KB, 2048x1102px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
883KB, 2048x1102px
You can always do an AK pistol/SBR if you want an AK. Otherwise there are tons of choices in 5.56 and 308.
>>
File: 1.jpg (228KB, 1598x734px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
228KB, 1598x734px
you could buy one of these like me, anon
>>
File: muh guns.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
muh guns.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>32139372
you could get a sks or vz
>>
I feel your pain OP, Anne Arundel fag here. Building my 2nd AR right now. The MSP website has a full list of "banned" shit. Plus anything really thats new to the market is typically not banned (because they havent gotten around to banning them yet).
>>
>>32138522
I was looking into getting a zastava m92 or m85 when my HQL finally comes through. I definitely prefer an AK but I will have to wait until I can move to Virginia for one.

>>32139372
>>32139389
I like the vz and sks. They are pretty well priced too
>>
>>32140165
You can buy an AK pistol and sbr it
>>
You can get some cool things, if you know a friend in Virginia or west v they can give you a MD illegal mag, nobody really cares
>>
>>32140187
Ok. I was going to get an AK pistol, I just thought modifying it like that would get me in trouble.
>>
File: 20161125_053326.jpg (2MB, 2805x1040px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_053326.jpg
2MB, 2805x1040px
>>32137416
I have one of those. I enjoy it. Kinda heavy but i dont mind.
>>
>>32141218
You might like to sbr an m85 or m92 i am doing that rn.
>>
>>32141218
what is this and how is this maryland legal?
>>
File: IfItsBrownFroshItDown.jpg (374KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IfItsBrownFroshItDown.jpg
374KB, 2400x1600px
>>32142846
Looks like an AK action in .308 or 7.62x54r.

Remember, MDs laws name banned guns by name and then "copycats". Copycats mean that they have part interchangeability. So even if something looks visually similar, if the parts dont interchange then its not a copycat.

That means you can get AKs in different calibers, piston AR15s, CETMEs (instead of G3s), etc...

>>32140267
This is also worth noting. Transferring mags >10 rounds within the state is illegal but possession is 100% legal. That means you can buy whatever mags you want out of state and bring it in legally. You can also ship mags to anyone you may know out of state and then go there and pick them up and bring them back in.

Let's be clear here - MDs gun laws suck ass. They purposefully banned a bunch of rifles (after lots of opposition) that they admitted account for statistical 0% of crime. They also made it needlessly more difficult and expensive for law abiding citizens to obtain pistols. Now you need to go to a class, get fingerprinted, get a permit and still wait 7-10 days to get your handgun. You essentially are going through a lot of hassle and several hundred dollars just for the ability to wait 7-10 days of background checks.

Our Attorney General, Brian Frosh, is also of the most openly, vehemently anti-gun AGs in the nation. He takes pleasure in abusing his power and making gun owners lives miserable. It also doesnt help that he looks like a pedo and has one of the most punchable faces on planet earth. Pic related.

Our only real hope of things not getting worse here is a very pro-gun SCOTUS. That's why Trump was such a big win for us. Our republican governor, Larry Hogan, is very popular but has no real power in the state because the General Assembly is so heavy democrat that they can override his vetoes.

In short, get what you can while you can here in MD. I wouldnt be surprised if additional gun laws are on the agenda this session just to spite the national wins.
>>
>>32143135
They were going to pass an ammo tax but then Hogan was elected. The tax was 50 cents per hunting round and 5 dollars per any other round.
>>
>>32143135
So what are the laws of modifying a gun? Say I got a m92, what could I legally change and add to that?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.