[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin Nagant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images-14.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
First off, im not looking to start any fights, but have always wondered outside of price, why is the mosin nagant popular? The bolt handle and head are different pieces, they don't auto eject clips, are prone to jamming like an uzi in a snowstorm, and no matter how hard I try i get the same spread as a remington 870 (~5 inches at 5 yards standing) when k98 pattern rifles are nearly impossible to miss with. Again, if you just like it because it's cheap, I get that, but outside of price there are many surplus rifles all better than it and k98 pattern rifles (eg turkish k98's) are similar in price and better all around.
>>
>>32131600
Its because of the price
>>
>>32131600
>why is the mosin nagant popular?
Sub-100$ rifle, made in 100s of millions, built like a tank, firing a large .30cal round that costs as little as .22lr. Parts and aftermarket are a plenty.

Even if you don't "need" a Mosin, there's no reason to NOT own one. They are proven warhorses, and you can do just about anything you want with them.
>>
>>32131600
the price.
>>
>>32131637
t. 2008
>>
>>32131712
>he can't find sub-100 dollaroo Nuggets any more
look at this Australian
>>
>>32131600
Price. cant beat it for what the rifle is. Same reason the SKS is so popular. except the SKS is actually very reliable.
>>
>>32131743
I can find them for under $100, but they're either junk or sporterized. Where are you finding 54r for .22 prices?
>>
>>32131751
He isnt. shits as expensive as .223 these days.
>>
>>32131753
which is to say not?
>>
>>32131949
Are you trying to say that .22 lr and .223 prices are the same?
>>
>>32131600
I have wondered the same thing myself. Every time I see a video of people shooting one, it looks like they are fighting the bolt with every shot. I guess I can understand owning one if you paid </=100, but a modern bolt action seems a must better choice.
>>
File: 20161031_173740.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_173740.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The only reason you see the mosin is because it used to be 60$. they're not worth anything more than 100$
>>
>>32131600
>outside of the price
It mostly is just the price. Nothing else performs that well for that price.

The only other big thing is the durability. You can beat the fucking shit out of it and it will not be damaged. Sure, it might jam, but you can usually clear it by beating it on a rock, and it will never really break.
>>
>>32131600
Collecting. Don't buy milsurp if our aren't a collector. In this day and age when you can get a AR for $400ish, just use that for your cheap blasting (or a .22).
>>
>>32131600
I own 3 mosin and no there isnt a reason to own a 91/30 anymore now that prices are climbing up for guns and ammo. As a reloader tho there is a reason for me to own an m39 or m91. M39s are great shooters and dam accurate with a smooth bolt but the only one i shoot is my 1898. My 1898 has beautiful calligraphy on the barrel both tsar crests still intact and my favorite sights out of all the mosins ive shot. Also as a lefty i like the stight bolt on the mosin so kar98s and other bent bolt guns are a pass...id rather just get a modern left hand bolt action instead
>>
Nuggets are decent guns for what they are, even as 200ish for a 91/30 is decent if the rifle is in good condition. Sure, value wise, there are better guns, but that doesn't make the gun automatically shit, unless you go out and buy one that actually is. Like all surplus, it's luck of the draw. Although even beat to shit looking guns have the potential to be better than a pristine gun. Beat up sinobanian T53 were the smoothest nugget's I've ever shoot and they were accurate as any other nugget carbine.

Nuggets are good for people who fancy themselves "Collectors" who also might want to shoot their guns.

>>32131637
>that costs as little as .22lr.
nugget food was never that cheap, at least not for the past 10 years.
>>
>>32131600
I'll just throw up some reasons for me as a Canadian to own a Mosin Nagant, these are personal reasons and not objective reasons but it's just my opinion as an owner of two Mosins.

I initially bought my Mosin Nagant with, indeed, price in mind partly, though they aren't cheap by American standards by Canadian standards at the time they weren't and still aren't too bad. But what's more probably is for the history, I may not be a "collector" per se, but I really enjoy shooting rifles that were used in WW2, because of my interest in that era. In the case of the Mosin it's a reliable rifle from that period that is easy and cheap to buy ammo for, and especially in my case as my Mosin is not a beautiful example by any means, it's not something I have to worry about babying. Ultimately for me I like loading up some stripped clips, turning on some Russian Red Army Choir and going to shoot it in the woods, I always enjoy myself. Honestly, I'd love a Mauser, I really would, but you pay upwards of $600 for a Russian capture here and ammo is expensive and difficult to source in general, if I had reloading equipment it wouldn't be so bad and I do plan to get into that one day.

The other Mosin I own is an M44 carbine, I bought one because it was another rifle that could share ammo with my SVT and 91/30, and it was a handy little gun that I could toss in the truck with ease or bring for heavier bush applications. Also, in Canada, it is by far the cheapest option I know of to get a rifle that short that shoots that potent of a cartridge. And, additionally, they're neat and interesting rifles with their own history.

So anyways, that's why I like my Mosins, I wouldn't give them up.
>>
>>32133692

>Honestly, I'd love a Mauser, I really would, but you pay upwards of $600 for a Russian capture here and ammo is expensive and difficult to source in general

I'm not familiar with Canada much, but a mint condition Yugo Mauser (M24/47 or M48) can be bought for $300 in America, and you can get surplus ammo for around 25 cents a round. I personally prefer the Yugo to a K98, but that's just my personal opinion. They're more or less identical in terms of both looks and performance too (but you can't mix the parts like the bolts since Yugos are a wee bit shorter).
>>
>>32131600
>are prone to jamming
>confusednigger.jpg
Theyre crude rifles but they work just fine as long as you know how to inspect a gun. For the same price as a cheap mauser you can get a finn mosin and have a gun thats better in many ways and costs less to feed.
>>
>>32131600
Price is the first off reason, but it's up to debate due to climbing prices. May start to go down again if Russian-US relations improve.

Reliability and resilience are the second reasons.
>jam like an uzi in a snowstorm
pls. Took my mosin out to probably the worst place to shoot a gun. The "range" was really a 100ft stretch of wet clay and mud in the middle of nowhere, and according to my cousin who shot there before, pretty much every gun he or someone else took there jammed at some point. Mosin got plenty dirty, dropped in the mud a couple times, and yet still ran a good 200 rounds over the course of an hour handing off between 5 people without a single jam.

Got it for $120 before the prices started to rise, came with a modded trigger and fine tuned sights. Stock still has the hand prints of the Soviet that owned it literally etched into it. Love the thing. Love letting other people shoot it too, because it's practically idiotproof to use and normies love bragging about the shoulder bruise.
>>
>>32133882
That is true, Yugo Mausers aren't as badly priced, I think they were somewhere in the $500 range. But sadly as far as being on the market 8mm surplus is non-existant in Canada, so you're buying commercial factory ammo at over $1 a round. There might be better deals than that online for commercial stuff, I'm not really a student of the Mauser so I don't know that for sure, but 25 cents a round is completely undo able off the shelf up here, if you reload I hear that shooting Mausers up here is plenty cost effective and leaves nothing to be desired.

But with that being said, I'm just as if not more interested in Russian military firearms in general, which factors into it too, if I was a real Mauser or German weapon junky I would have one and a reloading table. The other thing I'm considering is picking up an Israeli or Chilean Mauser in .308 because bulk .308 is cheap and easy to pick up here. Someday I'll get on that, at the moment I keep getting caught up mainly by shotguns I want, I am for all intensive purposes a 12 gauge junky if nothing else.
>>
>>32134130
Why are you dropping your rifle? Do you have potatoes for hands?
>>
>>32135780
Friends did when they were trying to load it with the clips instead of one by one. Like I said, I was with a group that was passing it around with.

Worked fine and no real damage. Cleaning took forever though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.