[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone told me a T-90A is superior to an M1A2 SEPV3. Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1479787601132.jpg (460KB, 1980x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1479787601132.jpg
460KB, 1980x1540px
Someone told me a T-90A is superior to an M1A2 SEPV3. Is this true? I'm not a tank person but I'm an Abrams fanboy.
>>
SEPV3 is the best tank currently in production yes. T90A, and even the MS are pretty far from the top being outpaced by several tanks. T14 has sever handicaps with its unmanned turret but is a novel design, but still beats thent90, K2 has glass armor, merkava iv is good at a lot but excels at nothing, the list goes on, most 3.5-4th gen tanks have their own problems.

Source: former tanker
>>
>>32130635
While impressive, the T-90 isn't anything more than a stopgap. In short is a substaincial upgrade of a T-72, but at least this one has thermals and CITV.
>>
>>32131529

What's wrong with the t14 turret?
>>
>>32131529
>I was a former tanker and I know everything ever

You're not a source, you're nothing more than a grunt
>>
>>32133434
>sprey pls go

equipment operators are entitled to their opinions. just because they aren't writing doctrine or developing new equipment themselves doesn't invalidate their take on something
>>
>>32131529
>merkava iv is good at a lot but excels at nothing,
Wrong. The Merkava has the best suspension for traversing rocky terrain, with great comfort. When the head of German tank production came to see a training session a few years ago, he was amazed, saying the system is superior. Also, single pin tracks are more survivable on rocky terrain.
Secondly, the rear door allows access even under fire, rescuing atranded crewmembers, and greatly speeds up reloading of the tank.
It pays for all this with heavy weight, poor acceleration, large profile and somewhat questionable layout (less survivable ammo layout than the Abrams).
>>
>>32130635

The T-90 is STILL, just a T-72.

>>32131555

T-90A does not have a CITV, shit, they didn't even have thermals on many of the early tanks.
>>
>>32133562
It doesn't have CITV? Unbelievable. At least it has thermals. Even M60A3s and Leopard 1A5s had them.
>>
>>32133645
>At least it has thermals.

You'd be surprised.

Some of the early production models still didn't have thermals.

The new T-72B3M upgrades finally give the commander his own panoramic thermal sight, making the new B3 upgrades more capable then the T-90A.
>>
>>32130635
The T-90A uses an engine that was developed in the early 30s.

You be the judge
>>
>>32133434
>tanker
>grunt
no.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.