[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat Viewing Parties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

In the 1700s and much of the 1800s, picnic viewing parties made up of aristocrats and womenfolk used to sit off side of a battle to watch militaryfolk die. It was used as a form of entertainment, with no filter, no censorship, just you, your food, your entertainment, at your leisure.

What would it take to bring something like this back?

What would it take to bring an active LIVE battlefield to the viewing public, for everyone to see? Not just the boring after effects or those weird Liveleak videos where "sad" music is played for added effect. But live combat footage as it happens?

We shouldn't be forced to rely on ISIS videos that are filmed like airsoft videos, should we?
>>
File: gopro-karma-drone-main.png (169KB, 752x316px) Image search: [Google]
gopro-karma-drone-main.png
169KB, 752x316px
imagine a non-stop sea of drones following individual teams of combatants in Raqqa or Iraq or the Congo

we could have "Heroes of the Week" or show harrowing survival feats where men escape death by the width of a cunt hair.

We could have replays

Closes ups of combatants final moments. And there would be a massive audience, like the Gladiator days. Think about it, /k/. What if war is the next stage of entertainment? What if humanity stopped jerking off to simulations of war (see every war film) and instead grew to embrace the real thing?
>>
With modern weaponry and the rate at which wars are fought todsy your dreams will remain dreams armies don't line up and shoot at eachother anymore and battles aren't being fought out in open fields it happening in people's homes and streets
>>
Having information streamed online like that would be a disadvantage. The enemy could watch it to know where you are and where you're going. Even video delayed by hours could give vital information.
>>
viewing parties occasionally caught rounds
>>
>>32126936
I mean, if armies still lined up sure, if you know a fight is going to happen inside a city but dont want JDAM up your asshole you'd have to move far enough back to lose sight of the battle. So, shitty shaky cam footage and isis GoPro is the best we've got.
>>
>>32126969
>>32126936
you can't show it live the other side would see the position
>>
>>32127779
you get mistaken for an enemy observer and get shot good idea
>>
>>32126936
>In the 1700s and much of the 1800s, picnic viewing parties made up of aristocrats and womenfolk used to sit off side of a battle to watch militaryfolk die
This mostly happened during the US Civil War, and it didn't continue for long, once people started getting hit by stray musket, and cannon, balls.

People forget that Europeans are such a bunch of peaceniks because they've been tearing apart their own countryside with warfare about 10 times as much as America has. The World Wars are what finally made them sick of it in general.
>>
>>32128197
Hey, as long as his buddy uploads the vid and I get to see muhammad join the Iraq space program I'm set.
>>
>>32128297
This is still the best video ever, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLhyBWtd10

Just the way the car goes flying straight up in the air before it explodes. It's perfect.
>>
>>32128278
>until the next one
>>
>>32126936
Those spectators were assholes back then for being a distraction and something to worry about incase of missed shots hitting them or spies using the crowd to slip by.

and today news media types are distracting and end up getting themselves or others killed because they think they are filming the ultimate movie.
>>
>>32126969
How would troops know those aren't enemy observation drones or Drone bombs?

Even if it was an official CNN drone, who says in the battles of 2055 that insurgents or enemy troops can't hack them?
>>
>>32126969
>trying to hide from enemies
>drone is following me
>they find me
>drone follows me to jihadi jail and watches me get decapitated

I'm good thanks
>>
>>32128278
>People forget that Europeans are such a bunch of peaceniks because they've been tearing apart their own countryside with warfare about 10 times as much as America has. The World Wars are what finally made them sick of it in general.
By your logic Middle Easterners should be the most peaceful people on the planet, we have records of them butchering each other by the million for at least the last seven to ten millennia
>>
>>32129270
>Middle easterners
>people

That's where you messed up senpai
>>
>>32129270
And by your logic so has literally every other region of the world in human history

Seriously one of the most autistic posts I've ever seen
>>
>>32130594
Go build a clock snackbar
>>
>>32126936
They didn't have TV back then. Troops didn't have semi auto and automatic weapons.

Combat vet here. I'd of shot them in their stupid fucking face. Better go watch a movie.
>>
File: victorian_couple.jpg (38KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
victorian_couple.jpg
38KB, 308x400px
>>32131390
>shot them in their stupid face
You would have shot these poor innocent people in their face merely for watching you are your equally impoverished brothers do what you were trained for?

That's a bit barbaric.
>>
>>32132042
Well, I was a warrior. I'm supposed to be barbaric. I was trained to be barbaric.

Maybe if the fine gentleman let us nap under his tree for shade, and his wife made us some delicious sandwiches I guess they can watch and enjoy.
>>
>>32131390
>>32132061
killing civilians is normal for vets hahaha
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.