[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you reconsider the use of .22lr in a head for the hills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161127-122413.jpg (1015KB, 1368x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161127-122413.jpg
1015KB, 1368x1256px
Would you reconsider the use of .22lr in a head for the hills SHTF scenario if you could easily get unregulated uppressors in the states?

I have been testing .22lr subsonics into 3/4 pine boards and have been impressed. Then of course you have mini mags etc etc which wont be as effective when suppressed.

As a civilian you should be avoiding confrontation and a suppressed .22lr and a ghillie suit would be a good combination for killing hunter force morale in dense woodland.

You can also carry 1000's of rounds...
>>
>>32125876
I was actually very unimpressed with cci quiet penetration in pine boards and performance in water jug penetration.

But it is very quiet in my unsuppressed 10/22
>>
>>32125911

I havent touched the quiet CCI, I am just using CCI subsonic at 1050fps. I have a .223 can on mine so it is pretty quiet.
>>
>>32125876

There's an reliability issue with rimfire. Combat might be risky but it's perfect for hunting.
>>
>>32125949
>combat
22lr suppressed is perfect for dealing with one person at close range (under 100m) while concealed. If you are dumb enough to engage a group of armed people with 22lr you are either an idiot or desperate.
>>
>>32126195
Mi>>32126195
Might I be so bold as to suggest that confronting a 'group' of armed people with just about any practical carry weapon would be foolhardy? Cant cover a handful of armed men. One or another is going to kill you. Seems to be more practical to get the heck outta Dodge, spraying behind you with whatever handgun you've got to help in discouraging their shots until you find cover.
>>
>>32125876
What's the deal with all the SHTF threads lately
>>
>>32128394
Shit happens every where and anytime...dosen't have to be Hurricane Katrina, LA riots or even a full scale nuke war or zombies...shit happens, it's part of life.
>>
>>32128456
I'm well aware. I was referring to the unusually high number of these kinds of threads lately. Just nevermind.
>>
>>32128547
It's post-election panic. Trump = fear. Or if not fear then the promise of long-awaited chaos. Preppers have wanted that shit for ages.
>>
>>32125949

With Australian Winchester or CCI I have had zero malfunctions in the last 3 years.
>>
>>32125876

You can easily make a pretty decent suppressor for 22...still would not pick it for my shtf gun.
>>
Just ran a brick of Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity through my 10/22 takedown with a Tactical Solutions Axiom can. The ammo is rated as supersonic at Aguila's site, but it's sub in my 16" 10/22. For myself and many others, it tends to be the most accurate, common, "affordable" option. I was getting ragged hole groups at 50 yards, 1.5 - 2 MOA groups at 100 yards, and hitting a 6" plate at 200 yards using a fixed power 6x scope. With a better barrel, it could probably do even better. I free-floated the barrel and installed a KID trigger. I found that the trick was to rest the rifle on the action, not the fore end. Shot much better that way.
>>
How's the dB on the CCI Quiets? Can I hunt wabbit/squirrel/tin cans without earpro?
>>
If suppressors only get unregulated for one caliber all I'll know is that deregulation hasn't gone far enough.
>>
File: DSC_9282.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9282.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
10/22 shtf is the only way to shtf
>>
>>32128375
>spraying behind you with whatever handgun you've got to help in discouraging their shots until you find cover.
>spraying behind you with whatever handgun you've got
>spraying behind you
>>
>>32126195

You'd probably do better against a group of people with a scoped .22LR rifle than most weapons simply because you'd be so hard to locate.
>>
>>32125876

More like a decent .22 pistol and silencer with a large caliber rifle and a combat handgun. I mean .22 handgun can reach out to at least 30-40 yards and hit a person with deadly enough accuracy. Also better hunting small game and quite compared to a 9mm or 45 silenced.
>>
>>32125876
>As a civilian you should be avoiding confrontation and a suppressed .22lr and a ghillie suit would be a good combination for killing hunter force morale in dense woodland.

This situation will never happen to you, ever.
>>32126195
>22lr suppressed is perfect for dealing with one person at close range (under 100m) while concealed. If you are dumb enough to engage a group of armed people with 22lr you are either an idiot or desperate.

>yeah I'll be In the woods in muh gillie suit with suppressed ruger 10/22 sniping the bands of assassins coming after me like solid snake, yeah this is something that will happen

You are insane.
>>
>>32130837

Not bad, pretty nice looking set up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.