[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories about fucking up with your first gun..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (187KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1300x866px
>Just bought my first gun
>CMMG Mk4, lightly used and has all Magpul furniture
>Buy and take to the store's range
>No matter how I adjust sight, it always shoots low
>I ask the store employee if anything is wrong with rifle
>they find something weird so I give it to them for the day
>Get a call later about how I was just adjusting the sights wrong.
>mfw I'm an idiot.
>mfw I pick up the gun and they know I'm an idiot.
>>
>>32124089
>CMMG Mk4
you already fucked up

You bought an M4 for $1000
>>
>>32124110
It was only 900$, but I still see your point.
>>
File: image-20161001_182813~01.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image-20161001_182813~01.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
Pic related.
>>
>>32124387
What, no story?
>>
>disassembled my Nugget
>slide the front barrel band all the way to the rear without realizing it
>now a huge gash in the finish all along the handguard/stock
>>
>>32124558
It's an idiot scratch, senpai. The story is obvious.
>>
>>32124387

I still don't get how people manage to do this. I knew to push up and in years before I bought my first 1911.
>>
>>32124594
But I wanna hear the blow by blow.
>>
>>32124794
If you want to hear a story about an idiot scratch I am led to believe that you don't own a 1911, let alone cleaned one.

It's not a very exciting endeavor, but it's an embarrassing scar on your pistol.
>>
>>32124089
Buy first handgun, it's a pre-Series-II Kimber, supposed to be a good handgun.

Jams every time I load it.

Then I learned you aren't supposed to ride the slide...

Haven't had a stoppage since, and I've shot it enough to replace the extractor once and the recoil spring twice.
>>
>>32124840
Did you do it with a hammer, screwdriver, file, nail clippers? I wanna know the exact moment you realized you went wrong.

Seriously, it's a story thread, post a story.
>>
>>32124854
You are such a fucking moron holy shit
>>
>>32124854
>putting slide stop back in
>push it in too hard and drag it along the frame
>idiot scratch

There's no story, just search "idiot mark 1911" or "idiot scratch 1911" on your favorite search engine
>>
>>32124089
OK, this story is kinda related.
>mfw I start reloading by reading books
>load up some .38 specials as erryone says they are easiest to learn
>settle on the load just below maximum
>measure powder, hey wait, it will hold a little more
>amount is ok in a .357 so it should be ok right?
>Go to indoor range, load up and bang, bang
>hey wait what was that?
>I saw something bounce off the left partition out of the corner of my eye
>ow my hand hurts
>go to eject fired rounds but ejector rod is gone
>left wood grip panel is split vertically
>S&W medallion on the split grip is gone
>leave the range after firing two shots as I only had one gun and it was almost blown up
>>
Lost the trigger pin off my mosin in my old man's machine shop. Searched for a 1 centimeter long black metal pin in a metal shop in the dark with a flashlight. Was not very fun.
>>
>>32125014
Did you find it?
>>
Got a Romanian Ak47 with thumb hole stock. It was a single stack only so I took it to a local LGS to make it accept regular mags (double stack). He uses a fucking dremel and fucks it up.(still works though, thank God for ak engineering). Decided to sell it later as a beater rifle for $350.
>>
>>32127005
....and you just accepted someone fucking up your rifle like a cuck?
You better have left out the part where you get your money back and then some.
>>
>first time I got to play with a COP
>have .38s clinking around in my pocket
>I wonder how heavy the trigger on this thing is
>BLAM
>Oh god I'm blind and deaf
>better pull the trigger again out of surprise
Turns out .357 is bright AND loud. Good thing I had sense to point it at defenseless shrub before being retarded.
>>
>>32124794
Here, blow this.
>>
>>32124883
>you are such a moron for not knowing about my special snowflake gun
>>
File: 1442958221508.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1442958221508.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>bought CZ bolt action 22lr with nice wood
>older brother takes it out shooting with his buddies
>wood stock is all scratched up and shit, and it now hits 5" higher than original POI

WELL JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP THEN, WHY DON'T YOU?
>>
Traded my HK45.
Mistake
>>
>>32128796
Cuck, can you tell me why he still walks this Earth today?
>>
File: 1479833535564.jpg (4MB, 8000x5583px)
1479833535564.jpg
4MB, 8000x5583px
>>
>>32128545
>1911
>special snowflake
Please, just accept that you're an idiot and stop digging the whole even deeper.
>>
>>32128876
>brother
Because, despite minor shenanigans, I still value being close with family.
>>
>>32128894
This makes my head hurt.
>>
>Bought an MRI 1911.
>Been on range glocks prior to license
>First semi-auto anything. First pistol
>Like the weight, like the design

Thing fails to extract after every second round. Bunch of fucking around because first pistol, knowledge base/experience aint there.

All the advice I get is
>shit ammo
>my CZ is fine
>My glock is fine

Take it back to the gunstore, along with the box of ammo I bought (Minus two hundred rounds)

Explain my quiet frustration. Explain that I am pretty bummed its not working out of the box. Put two options forward. Its the ammo or its the extractor. Refund me whatever ammo I have left, or are you able to source another extractor/fix my current one

>GS is run by a handful of full-timer gunlords and two dozen casual people of mixed experiance and knowledge.

>Guy I am dealing with is collectively known as "This fucking guy"

Guy uhms and ahs around the options I've put forward. Asks if he can break her down and have a look. I pull it from the bag, lock and clear it, hand it over.

Guy spends fifteen minutes looking at it locked and cleared. I realise that he isnt 'inspecting' it for any fault. He doesnt understand how to break it down.

Wave it off as 'eh whatever' and break it down for him. Demonstrate the extractor check (Brass under the hook, see if its snug). Thirty minutes total of watching this guy fuck around and i say I gotta head off. Thank him for his time. reassemble and leave.

Spend the next two weeks tensioning the extractor, testing it and not fixing the issue. Have two days when I can go to the range, so its frustrating as shit.

Go hard and finally fix it.

>A year+ to get my pistol license
>A month+ to get my pistol
>A month after to get it actually working
>a fifteen minute fix and a youtube tutorial
>FML
>>
>>32128545
Stop posting
>>
>>32129010
also MFW

>Idiot scratched my 1911 today lads
>lol. What happened
>I scratched my 1911 with the slide lock
>How lad?
>I was putting my 1911 together
>Yeah?
>And I scratched it with the slide lock

Truest fucking story I ever wrote.
>>
File: 2011-05-04_12-14-44_91.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
2011-05-04_12-14-44_91.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>Buying first handgun of my own with tax returns
>Sig P250 9mm
>A Hundred rounds, trying to get use to it, not though, DAO with a heavy trigger pull
>Out of rounds for a few months, working hard
>Get invited out by coworkers to go shooting, one of them does reloads for 9mm, will trade me brass and cash for some of his
>Okay

We get out to the range and I get through one mag, but every once in a while I think I felt something weird, but dont think too much of it since it'd been a while

>Fired one round in 17 round mag, funny kick, almost felt too light
>Fired again, bright flash, hand hurts like hell, felt stuff hit my face, slide is jammed back with casing stuck in the barrel.
>Coworkers are all Security officers/EMT's so they drop everything and come check me out.

Burned my face a bit, got pieces of plastic stuck in my hand. Pic related, the casing we had to pry out with a pair of pliers. Dont have any pics of the aftermath to the gun, the hand grip was cracked, the extractor was snapped. $150 to Sig to get it repaired, guy I bought the reloads from was also there and paid for all the repairs. Sold it years later after basically ignoring it for what I bought it for through Facebook.
>>
>>32128933
*hole*
>>
>>32124594
>tfw bought a used 1911
>tfw it came with an idiot scratch
>>
File: doyoulovemenowmlady.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
doyoulovemenowmlady.webm
1MB, 600x338px
I've definitely been retarded with my old 1991A1. It was my first gun, my folks "gave" it to me when I was 12. Been shooting it for almost 20 years now.

I idiot scratched it at least 2 times when I was a kid and still learning how to properly care for a pistol.

As an adult I snapped off the leg of the firing pin safety plunger lever when reassembling the gun. This of course meant the gun appeared to function perfectly, but in fact would not engage the firing pin when you pulled the trigger. I didn't realize the mistake until I was at the local range and the gun would not fire whatsoever.

I spent 40 bux and a few hours on a black anodized wilson combat trigger, that I immediately scratched to bare metal when trying to photograph the gun after the install. (I used a large brass punch to anchor the gun up through the trigger guard, and the rough texture of the punch scratched off the anodized coating).

BONUS RETARDATION:

I was installing a new trigger and trigger return spring on my USP9 and, when I pulled out the required pin, I failed to properly capture the old trigger return spring. As soon as the pin cleared, the spring went into fucking ORBIT bounced off either the wall or the ceiling, and was never seen again.

Luckily, I was replacing that part, but if I had only been replacing the trigger, I'd have been fucked.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.