[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to a gun show about two weeks ago and tried to buy an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (4KB, 353x143px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 353x143px
I went to a gun show about two weeks ago and tried to buy an M&P 15. I wasn't able to buy the gun then because they sent my background check in for further review. Well, I went and picked up the gun yesterday because the dealer said the 5 day period had expired so he could sell then gun. However, when he checked the status it said it was still "open" and that a final decision would be made by the 12th of December. If for some reason they deny my background check before the 12th will I have to return the gun? As far as I know there is nothing in my background that would prevent me from owning a gun.
>>
>>32123106
Government fucking up paperwork? More news at 11.
>>
you're not a felon are you? or retarded? those often make it hard to pass background checks
>>
>>32123155
Neither. But my question is really what happens if it gets denied after I have already purchased the gun?
>>
>>32123106
If you don't get an answer by three days , they have to sell it to you. Unless its the store clerk
>>
>>32123181
I understand that, and I have the gun. The question is what happens if they deny it in the end? When he checked the status it said it was still open or pending. In other words a final decision by the FBI or whoever hasn't been made. Now that I own the gun, would I be legally required to hand it in if they come back and say that I can't have it?
>>
>>32123206
>I seemed to have lost the gun in a boating accident
>>
>>32123222
>>
>>32123222
/trhead
>>
File: 1477163476688.jpg (155KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477163476688.jpg
155KB, 920x960px
>>32123206

sup OP, I got a hold (and eventual sale while "open") on the first gun I bought, which was less than a year ago.

I asked my LGS owner (it's his family business) all these same questions. Apparently, in his decades of selling guns, he has never had an open eventually return as "denied". He has had plenty of hard denies, tons of "proceed" responses, but NEVER seen or heard of an "open" that became a deny.

Seems like if the FBI can't find a deny reason in the first 3 business days, they just drop it knowing the gun has already been sold. Basically, you'll never hear about it again
>>
>>32123206
If you have the gun and paid for it, its yours. The state or federal govt arent going to magically deny you a gun purchase "just because". It's not unheard of for background checks to bounce back for no fucking reason. I know guys who are newguns who have been delayed, whereas I've been buying guns since I was 18 and have yet to get delayed. Just the luck of the draw, homie
>>
>>32123222
Trips of truth.
>>
>>32123222
Trips of truth
>>
>>32123542
>>32123547
nice
>>
>>32123457
Thanks. I guess that makes the most sense. Although after doing some research it sounds like they could technically send the ATF or local cops out to come retrieve the gun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.