[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Remington Great Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: e7d2d8783634abe33ae8c758b6df8d55.jpg (122KB, 1000x1373px) Image search: [Google]
e7d2d8783634abe33ae8c758b6df8d55.jpg
122KB, 1000x1373px
Oldschool firearms production thread.

Remington, circa 1969/1970:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_oduKvZots
>>
Remington is beyond saving.
The quality of their products has been falling steadily for the last 30 years.
>>
tubular-magazine bolt-action

Holy Lebel Batman!

----------------------------

Things to make Remington Great again

* Scale up their Model 121 to .38/.357

* Modernize and re-introduce the Nylon 66

* Come up with a successor to the 870
>>
>>32123272
*Read up on quality control
*Actually implement quality control
>>
I heard new 870s are shitty

what is the cutoff date for a nonshitty 870?
>>
File: IMAG0222.jpg (897KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0222.jpg
897KB, 2688x1520px
>>32122599

I love my Remington 34 and it is a sweet little shooter; it was originally my grandfather's, and passed down to me from my father.
>>
>>32122599
Ha, I have the "little brother" model 33 my dad told me he bought " for about 7 dollars".
>>
>>32123356
Cutoff for Remshit was like 2007. Don't buy anything later regardless of model. Personally I would stick to pre-2000 stuff to be safe.
>>
>>32123390
Beauty. I love classic rifles like that, black walnut, blued metal and all. Before everything was optimized up to the hilt for low cost production.
>>
>>32122599
>military type, bolt action
BAN MODEL 34 YOU DON'T NEED MILITARY ASSAULT BOLTS
>>
>>32123326
Underrated post
>>
What's /k/ opinion on the model 700 being able to fire when the bolt is touched? I saw the NBC shit fest, and even though I never listed to a word those fuckwits have to say about firearms, they did point out old videos this happening with cops, and snipers, also the number of documented lawsuits is also noteworthy.

And apparently this was an issue when the gun was first designed so it pre dates the remshit quality era.
>>
>>32127440
I heard a story from a guy I worked with. He was in his 60s, fuckin' football player-looking guy, and lots of German heritage. Big on hunting, and said on one trip the rifle went off while the safety was engaged on his Remington 700. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to make up bullshit, nor someone who would spend much time online. This was about 5+ years ago.
>>
File: Remington-Trigger.jpg (13KB, 304x263px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-Trigger.jpg
13KB, 304x263px
>>32127440
To save money, Remington designed a trigger group like pic attached. By having the trigger shoe and connector separate, they could save money by only hardening the small trigger connector (and that made polishing the trigger shoe easier as well). The problem arose when for whatever reason the trigger shoe and the trigger connector got separated (like a bit of grit or whatever).

You ended up with a situation where the trigger was forward and the connector was floating away from it. The sear was only being held by the safety, or maybe just barely held by the connector. Take the safety off, and boom. Nudge the bolt, and boom.

The newer 700s have a different trigger system- the X-Mark Pro. This had its own problems when a number were assembled with too much adhesive gumming up several key parts. Also, they could be adjusted too light, leading to accidental discharges. Remington fixed the X-mark Pros. You can tell a fixed by a punch mark on the bolt release.

The older trigger group can't really be fixed.
>>
>>32123272
>Nylon 66

Don't understand the fascination with this. I own a Nylon 66 and it's just crap.
>>
File: Pyle Jelly donut.gif (491KB, 300x147px) Image search: [Google]
Pyle Jelly donut.gif
491KB, 300x147px
>>32123390
Take pride in those memories, Anon. Pass down to your son or daughter one day.

>tfw when no more grandpa
>>
>>32123272
Templates like that?

They're forbidden.
>>
File: Nick W .22 misfire 1.jpg (1MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Nick W .22 misfire 1.jpg
1MB, 1824x3264px
>>32123390
Had one of these rifles bend the rim on a .22lr it was pulling from the magazine tube, and it detonated the round while this guy I know was cycling the action. Crazy stuff.
>>
File: .22 misfire 2.jpg (1MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
.22 misfire 2.jpg
1MB, 3264x1824px
>>32128510
Bullet jammed into the magazine tube opening.
>>
>>32127882
Because you don't keep good care of it dumbass
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.