[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civil unrest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (108KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 900x500px
What would/should armed civilians do in the hypothetical event of a serious foreign or domestic threat to our liberty and/or sovereignty? aka people taking up arms against the governing body. aka the point of the second amendment
what types of
>tactics
>equipment
>weapons
>etc

I ask because during the election there were similar threads but most got shit up by political arguments and fervor while covering much more specific scenarios.
I also see many SHTF, WROL type discussions but feel this is arguably a more likely event, especially as the american people get more and more polarized politically.
>>
also
>inb4 fbi/atf/tsa
although theyre probably here, so hello g men, no doggos here
>>
>>32120705
Get slaughtered and you can take that to the bank
>>
>>32120760
this
>>
>>32120705
>grab BOB
>meet up with ex mil combat medic buddy at predestined location
>go innawoods
>>
>>32120705
fucking nothing, except hole up wait it out. defend your shit, and nothing else.
>>
>>32120785
Until a JDAM flies into your "defenses" aka your mom's basement
>>
>>32120705
They should open their doors, get on their floors, and all walk the dinosaur.
>>
>>32120760
>>32120770
And pot shots and hide like a bitch behind booby traps until the hellfire strike.
>>
>>32120796
>thinking the us military will jdam someones fucking house
this isnt the middle east, dipshit
>>
American "militia" run away as soon as SHTF.
>>
>>32120705
>serious foreign

What are you going to do on your roof top when they roll tanks down main street ?

if you live in the woods, what makes you think they will give a fuck about you.
>>
>>32120853
>and hide like a bitch behind booby traps

What, you think we should meet with them on the field of honour? Don't forget who's the evil aggressor here. Ofc I'll use gorilla warfare tactics; I'll abduct family of .gov collaborators, force them to sabotage their units for their release but lies and still feed their kids to my doges.
>>
>>32120898
>What are you going to do on your roof top when they roll tanks down main street ?

People have won against tanks. Look at the slovenian war of independence.
>>
>>32120902
No i didnt mean to imply that at all.
But pot shots will get you a lot further if you absolutely cant resist doing nothing and just telling them you lost your funs in a deep sea kayak incident 3 years ago
>>
File: 6.jpg (255KB, 980x621px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
255KB, 980x621px
all i know is that we'd be living in some literally dark times because all the power infrastructure would get sabotaged incredibly easily. people forget ideologies and begin eating dogs and other people. the survivors have no soul left at the end of it.

unrest isnt good. id take the high value assassination route with disseminated propaganda so the underlings rethink taking actions that would bring about their own brutal demise. what the fuck do i know i just dont wanna see starving children getting ripped apart by feral dogs because some asshats didnt know who to target and brought about the fucking apocalypse.
>>
>>32120705

Don't get involved, pink skin.
>>
>>32120705
DoD copfag here.

When shit goes down, I'm heading to our training area. We have 6 MATVs, 8 MRAPs, and 12 hummers, all unlocked and ready to go. And the MATVs have crows on them for much fun.
>>
>>32120902
>Not releasing the hostages as promised to encourage other officials to comply with your demands and then cleaning house after the war is won
>>
>>32120705
keep pretending your enemies are not already in the inside fixing your election "operator" boy.
>>
>>32120705
Get and stay in shape. A lot of what youll have to do is hit and run or just plain run. Most people that talk about being prepared can't run 6 feet without getting winded.
>>
>What would/should armed civilians do in the hypothetical event of a serious foreign or domestic threat to our liberty and/or sovereignty?

all of these other answers is bullshit. give intel to law enforcement and make sure your family is safe. anything else is retarded.
>>
File: very very.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
very very.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>>32120720
>tsa
>>
>>32120760

Fuck off, commie. Last night your hero died in a pool of piss screaming in demented thoughts.
>>
>>32121440
>being this European
>>
File: 1470632396575.png (161KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470632396575.png
161KB, 1280x800px
If they get organized on a level like ISIS, the opposing force is going to have a bad time. And this isn't taking into consideration that it would be a massive proxy war that will see financing and support from countries like Russia.
>>
>>32120705
Do nothing and eat your food stores until you can identify a legitimate command structure that will employ you. Develop a very local defense/awareness network(your neighbors) to assess threats and evaluate communications for legitimacy. The biggest threat will be disinformation from both side, both of which will be out to get you to get yourself killed.
>>
For tactics, best would be to look at counterinsurgency stuff, find what's hardest to counter and most effective, then work backwards to the insurgency source material. Militaries put out a shitload of documents and research papers on this stuff, all publicly available. There's a DoD website with a lot of them (literally thousands), don't have the link on my phone, but it was part of some military college website (marines?).

For media, look at what ISIS and the Kurds are doing at the moment. Also look at older examples like Hezbollah, IRA, Tamil Tigers, etc., but update them along the same lines as what contemporary terrorist groups have done. Just go online, download their videos and read analyses on them.

Some knowledge of electronics and things like Arduino/Raspberry pi is probably more valuable now than ever before, because you can DIY a lot of stuff that would previously be impossible or impractical. Heaps of projects and source code available online.

Apart from that, just all your other skills that were available a generation ago, like survivalist stuff, soldiering, chemistry/bomb making, metalwork. Again, plenty of info online, tactics videos on YouTube by veterans, metal fabrication videos by manufacturers.
>>
>>32120705
Report to the state Governor. If the governor fails to call upon the Militia, report to your sheriff. If he tels you to fuck off, organize.
>>
if none of you have a legal doctrine to operate with you should develop one. this book for example is excellent.
>>
File: 1456124120916.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456124120916.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>32120773

Inna woods is meme.

> Be Apache pilot
> Night patrol flying over innawoods
> Flip on FLIR
> Massive heat signature
> Zoom in
> A massive pile of //k/ommandos butt-fucking each other
> Fire up the M230
> MFW
>>
You won't be fighting the government, you will be fighting paramilitaries who fights both you and the government.
>>
>>32120705
1. Kill all the black people.
>>
>>32120876
It worked for most of the Revolutionary War.
>>
>>32122264
Castro died at an underground metal show?
>>
>>32120902
could you write this again, but more coherent and less sociopathic please?
>>
>>32120705
>>tactics
guerrilla
>>equipment
low profile body armor, honda civics, and jihad drones.
>>weapons
556 and 308
>>etc
At least a months worth of water, and 3 months worth of non-perishable food. Also batteries.
>>
>>32122660
This is what a lot of people don't understand. Civil war is localised. It's rare, even in the most extreme cases, that civil war is universal or even widespread. You could have it in a few states or areas and the rest of the country could move along - as in Syria, across the former Yugoslavia, any African conflict you care to pick.

The chances of you actually fighting a formed unit is infinitely slim. You are going to be dealing with, if anything, opportunists, bandits, criminals. Essentially it'll be South Africa on a fast burner.

The government targeting you is plausible, and has happened, but it's not what you should be preparing for especially if you live away from populated areas and infrastructure points. What's a lot more likely is your local version of the people in the OP picture getting excited and either deciding to steal your stuff because they feel they need it more than you, or lies spreading about your political sympathies.
>>
>>32122696
That's just sensible domestic policy. If you wait until you're being invaded you've fucked up.
>>
>>32122710
Statists deserve death.
Statist collaborates deserve death.

We will make the streets run red with the blood of the enemies of America and freedom.
>>
We would have to swing support for the cause. Now according to a leaked NSA report returning and recently discharged vets are the number one threat to national security. And the reasoning is these vets know our combat systems, our battle doctrines, our logistics, and especially equipment. From drones to cyber security, to the M-16 to the M-1 Abrams

hese guys alone of orgonized under a cental leadership the would be a force o be reconned with. After raiding a few national guard and resurve armories they would be a well supplied army.

The other factor I see being a issue depends on how bad and disgruntled our active and reserve soldiers are at the point of revolution. If you can swing a 75/25 majority, hell even a 50/50 then the rebels have a good chance.

I already see mass desertion being a huge problem, mostly soldier refusing to fight there own countrymen and perhaps a few joining them.
>>
File: image.jpg (425KB, 763x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425KB, 763x1200px
OP back, fell asleep before most of the responses rolled in lol, but glad this tread is still up, lot of interesting info here that I haven't seen before.
I suppose I should have phrased my original post differently. I wasn't really looking for what to do but more of what such an event might look like if that makes sense.
I feel like incidents including but not limited to the Bundy ranch shit, its sequel, .gov reaction to katrina, and what has happened in places like baltimore and ferguson can give us some insight from which to extrapolate what such an event (more major civil unrest, ie; if a similar event set off a figurative spark that actually catches) may look like in the current political climate
>pic slightly related lol
>>
File: Lights_Out-book-review.jpg (19KB, 210x315px) Image search: [Google]
Lights_Out-book-review.jpg
19KB, 210x315px
>>32120705
who EMP ready here?
>>
File: 51QWrQ01RDL.jpg (35KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
51QWrQ01RDL.jpg
35KB, 329x500px
>>32123112
I am, a little bit.

Not nearly enough though.
>>
>>32122745
What if the majority of Americans think you're a crackpot?
>>
>>32125387
Then they are .gov collaborators.
>>
>>32120705
>What would/should armed civilians do in the hypothetical event of a serious foreign or domestic threat to our liberty and/or sovereignty?
Depends on the threat
>foreign invaders
nothing less than driving them into the ocean then retaliating by burning their country down
>domestic
Protecting the constitution and destroying those who oppose it
>>
>>32127299
>muh consitootie!!
What if they oppose something like the part where state judges are required to uphold federal law over muh statez ritez? What then, punk?

No constitution is perfect, no constitution should be blindly followed.
>>
File: 1470350619845.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1470350619845.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>32127432
No matter how much Bloomberg pays you to shitpost and slide you will never be welcome here, nigger.
>>
>>32127432
So you favor a society with no firm and fast ground rules...? Because I predict the tribe that produces most of the food and owns most of the guns will come out on top in the ad hoc mob rule that follows.
>>
>>32127432
>uphold federal law over muh statez ritez
we went down that road with the tyrant lincoln
>>
>>32127532
How did that road work out for ya?
>>
>>32120705
Join the local police force as volunteer/auxiliary police, so that the better trained forces can be more effective.
>>
>>32122464
I am going to read through this for paintball.
>>
File: sleeping well.jpg (63KB, 1290x856px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping well.jpg
63KB, 1290x856px
>>32120760
>mfw I am an armed torrie
>>
>>32120876
This unfortunately is the general consensus of this situation based on my own research of this subject. I always ask.....

What are you running from?
>>
File: Steven Sea-boom-boom.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Steven Sea-boom-boom.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>32120705
Why is Steven Seagal in this pic?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.