[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is this gun meme, or is it actually as good as people say it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 17s-6.jpg (193KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
17s-6.jpg
193KB, 1024x680px
so is this gun meme, or is it actually as good as people say it is?
>>
>>32119258
It isn't a bad rifle, but the price tag leaves it out of the reach of most of the filthy casuals on this site.
>>
>>32119258
God tier rifle but so overpriced its unusable
>>
>>32119258
>muh speshal farces

even the name is a meme
>>
I got mine for around 2500 like 1.5 2 years ago. I like it more than any other semi auto ive shot and its easily the softest shooting .308 on the market.

I dont know the going price right now but i think its worth what i paid, magazines are sort of a pain to come by and pretty expensive though, biggest downside imo. You can go to any store thats even sort of gun related and pick up ar, ak, and ptr mags
>>
>>32119275

What's most ironic is the SCAR was designed to be analogous to a modern, western kalashnikov.

It performs exceptionally while being extremely cheap to manufacture and able to be quickly produced in large quantities.

Unfortunately the commercial market doesn't get to reap those benefits.
>>
what makes it so good?
>>
>>32119497
the sex
>>
>>32119258
Is Memeing memes mere memes or do meme memes meme the Memeing meme meme? Because memes meme, but Memeing memes meme the meme meme.

Meme?
>>
>>32119497
the butthurt from poorfags online
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>32119258
Yes, it's every bit as good.
>>
>>32119258

It's a really good product, but I kinda feel the price is inflated.

That might straight up be because it says FNH on it, though. Nothing they make really sells cheaply.
>>
*soft drink
>>
>>32119602
Yes
>>
>>32119602
How much could a meme memer meme, if a meme memer could meme meme?
>>
Should i just throw an acog on mine and call it a day? Optics suck and get no love from me.
>>
>>32119368
Really? Was that FNs statement?
>>
>>32119258
well, it's good, but me being an ABSOLUTE AUTIST about muh accuracy, I really wanna see if the FN MK20 is accurate enough for my liking. If you don't know, the MK20 is like the accurized variant.
>>
>>32120588
the commercial market doesn't get to payy less than the government, who is more than willing to pay assloads to keep the peasants in line.
>>
File: socom.jpg (94KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
socom.jpg
94KB, 1000x750px
>>32119618
Ironically, he shoots the SOCOM 16 better.
>>
>>32120788
I wouldn't bother desu. .308 isn't really a specialized round for long range, and the MK20 platform doesn't really do any particular role well.

You'd be better just getting a standalone bolt-action in a precision caliber.
>>
Just bought one for $3,400 because it's the only new one I've found in 5 years. Waiting for delivery. Price is high, but I just can't find them these days.
>>
are the american ones made in Belgium?
>>
3000 dollar fun, ships in a cardborad box. Biggest fuck you to the consumer ever.
>>
>>32120932
Well it works, doesn't it?
>>
File: SCAR-stock.jpg (121KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
SCAR-stock.jpg
121KB, 960x960px
>>32120891

Yes and no. It also depends on what you mean by "made."

Commercial SCAR's are manufactured in Belgium, imported in a single shot, assault weapon ban compliant configuration and then converted back under 922r compliance by (formerly) FNH USA in Virginia.

FN Manufacturing (now combined FN America) makes SCAR parts domestically and assembles rifles for the US military in their South Carolina plant.

The current rumor floating about is that FN is tooling up the SC plant for full domestic SCAR production which could result in greater availability and reduced prices on the commercial side.
>>
>>32120932
>how to identify idiots

That cardboard box costs more to R&D and manufacture and does a better job protecting the rifle than whatever shitty plastic case your cherished Rock River or Bushmaster rifle came with.
>>
>>32120949
Nice bait m8
>>
File: Blue01.jpg (3MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Blue01.jpg
3MB, 4288x2848px
>>32119258
I love mine, will likely buy a 20s when they come out as well.
>>
>>32120967
Thanks for the feedback XXX. There are other concerns you are not taking into consideration. That is the shipping environment and our distributor. We visited our distributor and asked them how they preferred the rifles shipped and packed. We went to UPS, we did drop tests with all different types of boxes and chose the foam etc. We have more money in the packaging than any crappy polymer commercial case to protect the rifle. I am sorry it did not make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but the point is to get the box and the gun to the customer without damage. The second concern is that the distributor can stack the product on their shelving, the third is that the shipment can be stacked and wrapped on a standard pallet. I don’t know how you got your box, but there are TWO heavy gauge boxes (rifle box and shipping sleeve). That goes in a 3rd box that holds 4 rifles. That goes on a pallet that is wrapped. The green bag your gun came is is a MIL SPEC VPI bag. That bag alone costs $7. The egg crate foam that is hot glued in the box is about 1/2 the cost of the Docsosil case you so enjoy. So I have probably 2 times the cost in packaging as the $10 plastic case to protect your rifle, but you like the cheap case better because your perception is that a hard case is better. It aint unless you go to a pelican or a hardig.

Our distributor hate the Sig box because half of the guns they ship in that box to their dealer end up with a rifle barrel sticking out the end. I went to our distributor and examined the packaging on everyone else's rifles. Other than Barrett who sell their 50 cals in pelicans, we have the best packaging in the industry. It may not be as pretty as you like, but we have not lost 1 gun damaged to the shipping environment. If you want lots of $10 plastic cases, you will never see one from us. If that is why you buy a particular rifle, then so be it.

t. President LWRC
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.