[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pelican pistol case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3429.jpg (97KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3429.jpg
97KB, 432x640px
Hey /k/

I need a handgun case that's TSA approved. Decided on a pelican.

Wanted to know which case I can get the most room out of? I wanted to pack a glock 19, 4 mags including a 31 round mag and a taped zip lock bag full of ammo.

Was thinking about the 1200 it's $40 on amazon.

I figure I could get the most room if I cut out the mag to go in vertical, it seems deep enough. Have the ziplock of bullets underneath one lay of foam and cut out pistol for top

Pic is one I found on amazon
>>
>Including a 31 round mag

Those are just range memes

Why not use the space for the 31 rounder to take two 15 rounders instead
>>
>>32117132
>31 round mag = 31 rounds no reload
>x2 15 round mags = 30 rounds 2 reloads

30 round mags serve a purpose beyond range memes nigger.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-25+at+05.43.00).png (41KB, 770x579px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-25+at+05.43.00).png
41KB, 770x579px
Pelican 1400 if you want to do pic related.
>>
>TSA approved
>implying the TSA gives any fucks
As long as it's plastic and has a lock you are fine.
>>
>>32117178
woops meant 1 reload, valid either way.
>>
>>32117204
Yeah but I wanted a strong case so TSA will not be able to bend plastic on sides and steal it. It's happened a lot.
>>
>>32116974
Unless I am remembering wrong ammo needs to be in "factory packaging." Also if you get a case big enough for all your valuables+gun you can keep a non-tsa lock on it and prevent your shit from being stolen.
>>
>>32116974
i went to walmart and bought a tackle box. it worked.
>>
>>32117452
It's been a couple years since I flew with a gun, but the advice I followed was to lock the whole case inside of your checked luggage, preferably locked to a metal part of the suitcase (with a bicycle lock or similar). That way there's nothing identifying your suitcase as containing a gun unless it gets opened up or X-rayed, so it's no more likely to get stolen than any other random suitcase.
>>
>>32119160
Forgot to add, I used a cheap plastic plano case with a regular padlock and I think I used one of those bicycle seat lock cables to lock it to the supporting metal bars of my soft-sided carry-on-style suitcase. I had a couple boxes of ammo in the suitcase as well.

The whole process was very easy. No trouble whatsoever. A+ would do again.
>>
>>32117645
Yeah, your ammo need to be in a separate bag, in its factory packaging. Case with gun and ammo together is a no go for flying. Also, you don't use TSA locks on gun cases.
>>
>>32116974
1200 is just the case in your pic but a little deeper. It won't fit a 15rd Glock mag vertical, but you could fit four by laying two side by side, then stacking another two on top of them. No 31rd or ammo is going to fit in there, though.
>>
>>32119286
>Also, you don't use TSA locks on gun cases.
So if you get a very large case you can just lock all your shit up along with your firearm.
>>
>>32116974
you cant fly with bullets in a bag. they have to be either in the factory box (as in with the plastic or Styrofoam separator, not loose in a box, and if the factory sent them in a bag, then you have to buy a box) or loaded in the magazines.
>>
>>32116974
Go here www . caseclub . com/gun-cases . htm

Fuck those overpriced Pelican cases.
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (2MB, 2608x2670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
2MB, 2608x2670px
>>32116974
Remove the range toy mag and it fits perfectly in a Pelican 1170. Pic is my setup. Also, as everyone else stated you can't pack guns and ammo together in the same locked case.

>>32122085
Buy once cry once
>>
>>32116974
>taped zip lock bag full of ammo
you cant have loose ammo. it needs to be in a box. also just throw your mags in your checked bag, they're not regulated.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.