[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

heritage rough rider help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: moon man moon.jpg (67KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
moon man moon.jpg
67KB, 1120x840px
So i just got my first revolver, the rough rider. Im trying toremove the cylinder to remove what i assume to be the orange safety ring.
I removed the pin that holds the cylinder in place but it wont fall out like all the tutorials ive seen. So i put it back in place and put the pin in when i decided to figure it out in the morning, but now the hammer wont move.. help please..
>>
Once you remove the cylinder pin, the cylinder should fall out. I'm assuming it's the faggy orange plastic thing that is preventing it. Try again and don't be afraid to use a little muscle.
>>
>>32116458
PS: A picture might help.
>>
Every problem can be solved with either:
>Strong application of hammer
Or
>Liberal application of Explosives

Pick one and try it. If it doesn't work, apply the other.
>>
File: 20161125_193433.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_193433.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32116474
>>
>>32116525
I don't see what's preventing you from removing the cylinder. Try wiggling it a bit and move it to the left.
>>
>>32116525
thats not half cock pull it a bit more back
>>
>>32116537
not much more happens, getting it 100% perfectly straight lets the back of the cylinder just barely rest on the lip of the loading gate area
>>
>>32116592
im telling you thats not half cocked its just binding up since shits new and tight
>>
>>32116592
I fail to understand why you cocked it. I think that's what's wrong here.

Apply some muscle. Steel vs plastic should not be a contest.
>>
>>32116643
have you ever touched a heritage? if you dont know what you are talking about shut the fuck up. dont give advice.
it has to be at half cock to freely rotate the cylinder. it doesnt fall out it turns out after youve pulled the pin. the issue here is its not half cocked. its in some bastard in between state so nothing will move.
>>
File: 20161125_195609.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_195609.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32116680
More or less the same as before
>>
>>32116680
I'll defer to you then. So he needs to put the pin back in, waggle the cylinder until it is in battery, then half cock it?
>>
>>32116750
the hammer is moving again, but still wont come out.
>>
>>32116755
Can you put it on half cock?
>>
>>32116772
i put it on half cock, held it in such a way it should just fall out. it just sticks and refuses to go.
>>
reset the trigger if you halfass it its possible to get a odd limbo state. once its down pull it back to half cock you should hear 2 clicks. if you go too far and fully cock it just pull the trigger and try again. let the safety block it. easing it will put it back into that limbo state if you do it wrong.
once its at half try rotating the cylinder. after it rotates now you pull the pin out all the way.
push the cylinder on the left side and it comes out
>>
to clarify you can only half cock it from nothing. if you fully cocked it then decocked it to get it in half cock position you fucked up and everything is locked up. restart
>>
>>32116844
It appears it did go into the limbo state. After the reset and a tad bit of muscle, it came out easily. Thanks brother!
>>
>>32116892
np enjoy your gun
>>
/k/ was helpful this day. Does this herald cataclysm?
>>
>>32116925
>/k/ was helpful this day

>>32116752
>>32116643
>>32116537
>>32116474
>>32116458
>>
>>32116925
/k/ always delivrars.... eventually.
>>
>>32116930
to give phil credit him bumping it brought the topic to my attention. thats about it though.
>>
buys 100 dollar gun
surprised theres a problem with it
>>
>>32117608
I wouldn't define that as a "problem" so much as he just didn't know what the hell he's doing. I had one of those once, and they're completely fine, fun little plinkers.
>>
>>32116443
I have one of those as well

>always half-cock the hammer when doing any maintenance
>open the side door
>if it's the 22 dont dry fire it without the "safety" engaged, it pings the side of each chamber
>remember, the hammer is resting on the pin, if the "safety" is off, it can fire if you hit the back of the hammer, at least for the .22
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.