[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (100KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 576x1024px
Hey /k/, I've only owned bolt guns and handguns, I wanna know the best AR-15 for the money out of the box. What should I look for? What brands should I look for? Should I look for one or add my own rail system?
>>
>>32114565
depends on what you want...

A lot of people will recommend the colt 6920, but in my opinion it is a little pricey for a basic bitch AR. I personally am a fan of aero-precision rifles. Most of them feature midlength gas (which is what you want for a 16" barrel)

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-complete-rifle-15inch-quantum-hg.html

You can also find them at gunbroker and other retailers if you can't be arsed to wait for them to come back in stock.
>>
>>32114565
Aero and CMMG are the only two brands I have any real experience with, and I'm happy with the rifles I own from each.

A rail is good for a light if you want a very large nightstand gun, but otherwise I don't really see any benefit over a fixed front sight and plastic hand guard, at least for my use.
>>
>>32114619
Dude, damn near anything colt is "pricey for basic shit"

That's pretty much what their company is.
It's part of the reason I'll never buy anything colt, no matter how sexy that's python is.
>>
File: muh rifle.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
muh rifle.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>32114565
>>32114619
One more thing I should add, I wholeheartedly recommend building the rifle yourself. Doing so will give you a knowledge of how it works, and you'll be able to customize it to your needs WHILE costing less.

When I wanted my first AR, I went to my gun store and bought a stripped lower receiver, lower parts kit, castle nut, end-plate, buffer, buffer tube, buffer tube spring, and a nice stock.

I assembled that all in about 2 hours... lower half of the rifle... done.

Then I went online and bought a complete upper receiver. I got mine from stag (I'm a lefty, so mine is backwards), but you can also get them from aero, BCM, etc.

The upper showed up, and I slapped it to the lower that I built. Turned out really well.
>>
File: Colt Sporter HBAR.jpg (70KB, 1800x410px) Image search: [Google]
Colt Sporter HBAR.jpg
70KB, 1800x410px
>>32114565
If all you want is a basic AR-15 rifle, there's the
>Smith & Wesson M&P15
>Ruger AR556
>Colt Expanse
Or building your own.

The Colt 6920 isn't bad, but you're paying more for what's essentially a rollmark, and they're very generic.

I kind of like the hold Colt HBAR sporters as good basis for an A2 build (only need to replace and modify a few things), but that's more of a collector thing.
>>
>>32114754
Ah, a lefty, how much did your build cost? I know a lefty girl who wants an AR but can't afford one.
>>
Daniel Defense
>>
File: IMG_0323.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32114619
2nd for Areo. Though I pieced mine together with a few other brand parts.
>>
>>32114565
Bought a sig 556 long stroke 4 years ago, heard about its legendary reliability and decided to put it to the test.

so far, 7k rounds, nothing more than a quick wipe down and a little lube the whole time, inspected each time I shoot, not a single malfunction, and the accuracy is still nuts-on.

I'd also suggest the SCAR.
>>
>>32115722
>and they're very generic.
Holy shit you fucking retard gee i wonder why the colt AR15 is "generic".
>>
File: Colt SP-1 Carbine.jpg (117KB, 900x250px) Image search: [Google]
Colt SP-1 Carbine.jpg
117KB, 900x250px
>>32116417
Modern generic
>railed upper
>M4 handguards
>M4 buffer-tube and stock
>A2 grip
>mostly or completely A2 spec upper and lower

The describes the Colt, Ruger, S&W and a whole host of other AR copies.

When I think a distinct Colt AR, I think either an A2 clone, or an SP1
>>
>>32115744
I concur. I have a V5 and love it. V7 is a great rifle too out of box.
>>
Bushmaster op
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.