[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting Freedom Munitions remanufactured 223 today and this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 20161125_121303.png (3MB, 1440x1163px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_121303.png
3MB, 1440x1163px
Shooting Freedom Munitions remanufactured 223 today and this happened. Gun jammed because of this but seemed fine after I cleared it. My question is, is it safe to keep shooting this stuff?
>>
>>32114076
Take it back, get a refund, make them issue a recall..
>>
I don't see the problem, OP. Seems safe to me.

God speed.
>>
>>32114076
Same thing happened with a batch of Armscor .308 in my FAL. I'd stop, if I were you.
>>
haven't tried it myself, but heard quite a bit of bad things about Freedom Munitions.
>>
So do you guys think it's an issue of too much powder or brass that's been reloaded too many times? Because if it's just bad brass it should be okay to shoot if I clear the jam each time it happens right? Btw my rifle can shoot 556 so it should be able to handle a slightly hotter load
>>
>>32114076
>shooting remans
shame on you
>>
Whats up with that dent on the neck of the cartridge? What were you shooting this out of? if its an AR id say this ammo is overcharging you DI system and you should stop using it. bring it back to where you bought it.
>>
>>32114119
I've heard the opposite but I guess this proves it for me
>>
>>32114138
Shooting it out of a Kel tec SU-16 A, so it's gas piston
>>
>shooting someone else's reloads
Doesn't matter if it's a proper company that shit is still dangerous. If you want to save money by shooting reloads them do your own.
>>
>>32114128
its old brass imo
ive had some 308 rounds with more than 3 loadings tear on me
>>
So what do you guys think, should I just take a chance with the rest and not buy from them again? Like I said, my rifle is chambered in 556, so shouldn't it be okay? The reman is 223
>>
It's fine. Ignore these fucking idiots. Case head separation happens sometimes.
>>
>>32114218
I would call them up and ask to send the rest back to them, hopefully for a refund.

Unless you're sitting on ten thousand rounds of it, blowing up your rifle isn't worth the money you saved buying reman ammo. If you want cheap ammo just buy steelcase, Lucky Gunner proved it's fine.
>>
File: 1432560762984.png (85KB, 200x246px) Image search: [Google]
1432560762984.png
85KB, 200x246px
>shooting reloads that cost more than new production steel case
>>
I wish I could shoot steel but my range won't allow it, they're afraid of forest fires or some shit
>>
>>32114247
More like your range is ran by assholes who are too lazy to sort out the steel cases from the brass they vulture from their customers.
>>
>>32114291
I wouldn't be surprised. Unfortunately, I live in Kalifornistan and don't have many options.
>>
>>32114229
Does it damage the gun at all?>>32114229
>>
>>32114240
>using steel case
>>
>>32114318
I'll come at this from a bit of a different perspective. I shoot a 7.5 Frog (7.5x54mm French MAS) rifle. I got it before the ammo was readily available and handload for it. I use 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser brass. it has to be necked up, loaded, then fireformed to fit the larger chamber. I occasionally get a broken case on brand new brass at a low pressure fireforming load. No real danger to you or your gun, just clean it out and go. A little soft piece of brass that's probably been reloaded one time too many breaking in your chamber isn't going to hurt anything if you clear it carefully.
>>
>>32114229
>Case head separation happens sometimes.

Oh yeah, happens all the time.

No big deal.

https://youtu.be/X1W5iMXXHQM?t=38
>>
>>32114347
Retard.
>>
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm probably gonna sort through the rest of my ammo and look for signs of case head separation, and then just buy new until I start reloading myself
>>
>>32114347
Retard.
>>
>>32114119
They are usually who I go through for my ammo, I buy the remanufactured for plinking and the new ammo for target practice. Probably shot over 10,000 rounds from them in .380, 9mm and 5.56 and never had a failure in any type of round or firearm.
>>
>>32114307
What part of the PRC?

The range out in Coalinga is nice, and I've heard good things about the one in Avenal too.
>>
File: boom.jpg (24KB, 647x274px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
24KB, 647x274px
>>32114076
What's the head stamp? I had that happen with LAX ammo. Come to find out it's because of the cases they use.
>>
>>32114076
I've only shot around 200 rounds of the 500 rounds of .45 I bought from them so I can't say how often this happens but I haven't had any problems yet. Shoot the rest and start buying factory if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>32114076
ive had bad shit from freedom. blew a mag and extractor on an AR, and straight up fucked the bolt on an FN2000. Had a squib load in my moms bolt action, thankfully she wasn't able to chamber the next round or it would have fucking blown up. return it.
>>
>>32114076
>Shooting Freedom Munitions

Found your problem.
>>
>>32114394
If you shoot guns, not just ramble on about them on a Burmese etch a sketch forum, yes they happen with new and old ammo. That is why they sell broken shell extractors
>>
>>32114347
Retard.
>>
>>32114347
>has a shit gun that can't shoot steel case
>>
>>32114076
shits trash yo
>>
>>32114347
Retard.
>>
>>32114347
Nigger retard. Fuck off and die deladarius tyrone azikwe johnson
>>
>>32114138
The dent might be from knocking the front part of the case out of the chamber with a rod.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.