[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ommandos I am looking to purchase my first raifu. I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png (100KB, 580x251px) Image search: [Google]
angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png
100KB, 580x251px
Hey /k/ommandos I am looking to purchase my first raifu. I am torn between a sks, ak, or ar. Which choice is the better option for price, ammo price, and experience?
>>
>>32113447
What's your budget? What are you using it for?
>>
>>32113447
Budget is about $700 and it will be for whatever.
>>
AK is just a better SKS.
>>
Each has pros and cons
>AR
They grow with you, but are a bit of a money sink with all the options available. Ammo is economical, and usually of decent quality even at low prices. Very shootable.
>AK
More difficult to customize, cheap ammo, somewhat rough ergos. Very fun to shoot, and while not as indestructable as the memes would have it, still quite sturdy.
>SKS
Good ergos, and pleasant to shoot. The tilting bolt makes it somewhat less accurate, but it still serves well. Not easy to customize without resorting to tapco. It can't grow with you the way an AK or AR will. Great truck gun, though.

Your pick, OP
>>
If it's for the fun factor,AK or SKS.
Accuracy go with the AR, not saying AKs are inaccurate, but I shoot my brothers AR better than my milled AK.
I've owned 3 SKSs and sold them all over the years, always regretted it. They're fun guns and 7.62x39 out of a 20 inch barrel is mean.
>>
I own all three and I guess the answer depends what you want it for. I personally like shooting the SKS the most. For price you can't beat the AR deals right now. If you can find a nice SKS in good shape for a decent price snatch it up! You sure aren't going to find any new ones but I bought an unissued one a couple months ago that looks almost new.
>>
>>32113447
if you are worried about the cost of ammo, get none of these. Get a bolt action.
>>
>>32113447
Recommend the AK then. If only for ease of maintenance and cost of ammo. Plus detachable mags that don't make you a mall ninja.
>>
>>32113447
For $700, I'd go AR, as the AK market is currently still too overpriced. But if you really want an AK, get a WASR. Personally, I'd hold out for a bit longer to the next year if you really want an AK.

The SKS isn't bad, but don't spend more than $400, as you may as well get an AR or an AK at that higher price.
>>
>>32113501
Not op. But an AK is a more expensive SKS too. Also, quality-wise, isn't an SKS better quality than like a wasr or something similar?
>>
File: Zastava M90P.jpg (149KB, 1024x330px) Image search: [Google]
Zastava M90P.jpg
149KB, 1024x330px
>>32113493
Get an AK or an AR (S&W, Ruger, Colt, etc).

Yugo/Serbian AKs are all around pretty good, (and are easily available in 5.56x45mm if you want that, pic related), though they were developed separately from the Soviets back in the day, and thus are a little bit different, stocks and grips made to fit normal AKs don't fit on these, so you would have to get special Yugo variant furniture and grips if you want to swap those out.

All 7.62x39mm AKs take the same pattern of 7.62mm mags.
All 5.45x39mm AKs take the same pattern of 5.45mm mags (though they're not quite as popular right now).
AKs in 5.56x45mm (and in extension .300BLK), can vary in their magazine patterns, importers and manufacturers sometimes plain convert them to take regular AR15 magazines, desirable to some.

>>32113501
This. SKS used to be super cheap once upon a time, making them absolutely worth their cost, but now that they've crept up in price they're not as appealing given that a little more can give you a proper AK.

>>32113749
Fudd leave, semi-auto doesn't mean senseless magdumping.

>>32113835
SKS and AR are really easy to clean too.
>inb4 shits where it eats meme
>>
>>32113610
Was the one you bought a yugo and how much was it?
>>
File: WASR-1063 Upgrades.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WASR-1063 Upgrades.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>32114026
Depends on where you get it, Chinese SKS can be pretty ratty (compared to Chinese AKs even), while a Bulgarian AK can be of phenomenal quality (emphasis on the word can).

Current production WASR is considered to be adequate, but not great. You won't suffer.
The sanctions against Russia left a big gap in the market, since the Saiga used to be THE goto option for AKs, available in all calibers (even as shotguns).
>>
>>32113835
Don't SKS's have just as easy maintainence as AK's?
>>
File: DSC04286.jpg~original.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04286.jpg~original.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
Also, you might be tempted to get an underfolder, but don't do this, they're not very good and you'll regret it, the stock starts getting loose and wobbly, the cheekweld is just bad as well.

>>32114070
Just about.

They're designed to be idiot proof as the Soviet Union generally depended on conscription, and a gun used by conscripts generally should be able to handle lots of dumb bullshit they do to it.
>>
SKS for cheapness, AR for ease of everything, AK if you're a slavaboo
>>
>>32114064
Molot seemed to have taken the Saiga hole, as they're pretty much putting out some good quality AKs in any caliber, along with 12ga.
>>
File: M16A2.jpg (70KB, 900x236px) Image search: [Google]
M16A2.jpg
70KB, 900x236px
>>32113447

AR

>ammo is more plentiful compared to x39
>easier to mount optics and other accessories
>more ergonomic
>gargantuan aftermarket
>not ugly
>>
>>32114336
Oh yeah, Molot are fucking tops, but they seem to have some limitations/quirks.

With a Saiga, you'd just have to get a smith to convert it for a pistolgrip, maybe do it yourself if you had the tools and knowhow, (the importer would typically have fixed the magwell already), and you had a ready AK.

Vepr is a bit different, having that strange slant cut on the rear of the receiver, and the 7.62x54mmR ones don't seem to have any double-stack variants.

The Vepr-12 is miles ahead of the Saiga-12 though.
>>
File: AKM 7.62x39mm.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AKM 7.62x39mm.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>32114477
ARs and AKs are beautiful in their own ways.

I love a proper M16A2 just as much as I love an AKM
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.