[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck this stupid state and its stupid foid card bullshit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: download.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 225x225px
fuck this stupid state and its stupid foid card bullshit
and why the fuck is everything illegal jesus christ, can't have a fucking switchblade. not that i'd want that normie shit but still, get your shit together. all of those chicago fags are to blame for all of this retarded shit
>>
>>32112507
Yeah that about sums it up. Do yourself a favor and move to a free state like I did.
>>
>>32112521
the thing is i'm poor as shit and stuck with a pretty shitty car and everything. i cant get my ass out of here
>>
>>32112550
Bullshit.
>>
Chicago must die.
>>
>>32112550
Ever think it was the shitty location that keeps you poor and subservient?
>>
>>32112507
It's why I didn't bother to apply to IL colleges, even though it'd be cheaper due to in-state tuition.
>>
File: IMG_4580.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4580.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My Glock 29 that I bought at Fred Meyer with just filling out the 4473 form. Constitutional carry so I can just shove it in my pants without any retarded permits . And my Benchmade auto that I got online at Bladehq, also legal in my state.

I'd tell you where I live but I don't want you to move here.
>>
Not even that bad in illinois desu. Only restrictions are no SBRs, and no suppressors. Cook county has an AWB and mag limit. Just stay out of cook county. FOID takes like 3 weeks to get. I got mine 3 years before I even got a gun.
>>
>>32112507
We hate being your hat.

t. Wisconsin
>>
>>32115096
FOID system is backed up. It's taking some people 100+ days to get their FOIDS.
>>
>>32112507
Im a cop in IL, so im above the law and carry a switchblade on and off duty.
>>
>>32112521
Can confirm lived in shitty lib nig state where you cant even carry. Quit my job and moved to the closest state with good gun laws.
>>
>>32115096
>3 years
That makes me feel better, it's only been a year for me
>>
>>32115096
SBRs are fine in Illinois.
SBSs are a no though.
>>
>>32115096
>>32115604
>>32115440

Its also worth mentioning (live in ILL state too) that if you actually want to do any HUNTING with your gun you're pretty much shit out of luck anyway.

Only guns you can really hunt with are:
.22LR
Shotgun

If you've got a .223 or .308 you're not going to be shooting it at any animals.

Not exactly sure of the specs but if you want to shoot a Deer you may be able to use a .44 magnum or .45, but im not even positive that a 10mm or .40 can be used.

> despite being mostly rural illinois has towns packed rather close together with people living everywhere inbetween
> towns are regularly spaced about 4-6 miles apart and townships are usually a 6x6 mile square

> they dont want high powered rifles lobbing slugs into the next town over from in the woods inbetween
>>
>>32113831

Dont bother with colleges these days, its designed to load you up with debt but not actually give you a job.

Find a technical college to go to or pick up a trade similar to the kinda stuff you wanna do.

Information Technology is the way to go with computers, not computer science. You can learn the programming as you go later on after you get the job.

Also you already said you wasnt going to college in illinois, but if you was going here then U-of-I in Champaigne/Urbana is the place to go.

Dont go to SIU, its a black hole, and its known as a party school, and they jacked their tuition through the roof just for the fun of it (the only thing worthwhile there is the College of Engineering, foreign students come there for that).
>>
>>32116010
>Illinois has borders with rivers
>Lob heavy bullets across river and borders at durr
>>
>>32116125
Right forgot to mention I'm not going to college for the fuck of it, but with an actual profession in mind. Currently getting my Pharm D, and just have a year left.
>>
>>32112507

Hahahaha, glad the system is working, keeping guns out of the hands of psychos such as yourself. Lemmie guess, you didn't pass the background check?
>>
>>32117135
never been arrested and mentally healthy thank you very much. i just don't think i should have to wait 3 weeks for a firearm because some asshats in the big city can't handle themselves
>>
How long does a FOID usually take to get back? If I apply within a couple days, should I be able to get funs for Christmas?
>>
>>32118460
you'll have it before christmas christmas
>>
>>32118529
Thanks. Want to get an Enfield for my grandpa's wall. As well as a mossberg for myself.
>>
>>32116010
Varmint hunting with centerfire rifles is fine. Squirrel and rabbits may be taken with centerfire rifles. Animals caught in traps may be dispatched with whatever you want (anything from beating it with a stick to blowing it up with tannerite) as long as you possess a valid trapping license.

You can hunt deer with handguns chambered in any non-bottlenecked caliber with brass 1.5" or less in length and at least a .32cal bullet, plus a very short list of by-name-exempted bottlenecked wildcat calibers like .30bellm. Shotgun season is restricted to 12, 16, or 20ga single-projectile slugs only with 28ga and .410 prohibited by name and 10ga being ambiguous (I don't know of anyone that makes slugs in 10ga but you can probably use it if you find any). Muzzleloader season requires single projectile as well, no buckshot/grapeshot, must be at least .45cal even when hunting with a black powder pistol, specifically so you can't hunt with black powder revolvers.
>yes you can legally hunt deer in IL with .32acp, but you cannot hunt deer in IL with .460S&W
.40 and 10mm should be fine.
>>
>>32118460
Extremely random. Anywhere from under a week to over 5 months.

You will probably have it by christmas but it's not a guarantee.
>>
Can any Cook county fags tell me if a SKS is legal here? I looked it up and keep seeing fags saying it's perfectly legal, or only legal in its original, unmodified condition, or that it is just plain illegal.
Can I get a straight answer here?
>>
>>32118618
By on-the-books legislation it's legal.

That doesn't mean the crooked cops and DA won't send you to pounded-in-ass prison for having one anyway.

Do not live in Crook County.
>>
File: image.jpg (746KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
746KB, 3264x2448px
>>32118618
Legal.
>Internal magazine
>less than 10 round capacity
>semi auto
just get rid of the bayonet and maybe the bayonet lug then it's fine. Cabela's in cook county had an SKS for sale without its bayonet.
>>
>>32118693
What type of SKS? And for how much?
>>
>>32112507
at least wayne county IL voted over 80% Trump

good on the south
>>
My cousin just got his FOID and wants a rifle for Christmas. He's 16, but, as a true teenager, is broke as shit. If I buy a rifle with my money and under my name, and then give it to him, would that still be illegal? I figured it MIGHT be legal because he now has his own FOID, but I'm still not sure.
Can anyone verify?
>>
>>32116125
>Dont bother with colleges these days, its designed to load you up with debt but not actually give you a job.

Depends on your major. Pick the right one and you're damn good. People who say/believe that blanket statement were too dumb to go to college and are butthurt
>>
Hey IL fags. If I have a Michigan CPL and I'm passing through Chicago via bus to Wisconsin and I'm in the city for an hour waiting for my next bus, can I transport my glock in my backpack in a case?
>>
>>32118289
Also in Illinois.

If you can't be responsible enough to fill out simple paperwork you won't be responsible enough in life to maintain, feed and safely secure your guns.

Seriously, gun ownership in IL is fine.
>>
>>32120552
>gun ownership in IL is fine
It's not fine.
It's a fucking poll tax on a constitutionally guaranteed right.
Chiraq dictating what goes on downstate is not fine.
I want to own a god damn machine gun or an SBS at my own fucking discretion but no, because something bad happened in the 30s in Shitcago.

The FOID was somewhat relevant when it was implemented because there was no NICS but now it's just a bullshit tax.
But heaven forbid the state give up revenue from the FOID and the revocation of them (which happens way too many times to count, to people who are not deserving of it), and subsequent court battle (more money to the state) to "gain" your rights back, when they weren't taken away by a court of law to begin with, rather some arbitrary back room shadow group.
>likely the same people who decide whether or not to approve the CCL licenses

Go read Illinois Carry to see all the bullshit this fucking shitburg has done.

>t. living in Illinois my whole miserable life, and fighting this bullshit
>>
>>32118460
I applied in August and had it in about a month. You might get it before Christmas but I wouldn't count on it
>>
>>32119129
we don't reciprocate anyone's conceal carry so that is irrelevant, and it's illegal here on public transport even if you have ours. keep it unloaded, ammo in separate container, etc, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>32120683
while i agree that the foid is pointless (maybe it wouldn't be if having one meant you didn't have to wait three days anymore) the tax you're talking about is $5 every 10 years.

how do i help fight the good fight in our state?
>>
>>32119102
Or couldn't afford it, literally if you can coherently type sentences you're not too dumb to go to college these days like some shitty state school. A top college is still maybe worth it cause of the connections it can give you.
>>
Listening to Chicago police scanner for the last hour and there's at least six shootings. Fucking idiot niggers can't even just stay home when it's cold outside.
>>
>>32116125
Fellow ILer here. I go to a community college, (College of Dupage), it's actually 2nd best in the nation, and I don't have to pay a dollar to attend there, I even get a nice small check back every full-time semester I attend. Learnin a trade obvs
>>
>>32121003
>the tax you're talking about is $5
It's actually $10
Ok, so the state of Illinois has 12.88 million people.

Of those 12.88 mil, aprox. 1,122,276 FOID cards were in circulation.
>As of '06
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4538
Here's some newer numbers
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11230

>But based on those 2006 numbers.
That's $11,222,760 just in the simple FOID fee.
That's not including all the recent revocations for a wording change in a law where they have revoked well over 300,000 FOIDs from previously eligible people.
>Number came from a Sangamon County Clerk when my lawyer was getting my card un-revoked.
So no real way of knowing if it was accurate, but reading Illinois Carry it seems like it might be higher.

>google search from just IL Carry and revocations
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjnpS8lMbQAhVG64MKHaNsAbIQPAgD#hl=en&q=FOID+revocation+numbers+site:illinoiscarry.com

>Their thread about how to dispute said revocation
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47227

There's so much you can do.
Get involved with a local range.
Invite noguns to get into the shooting sports.
Talk to people and try not to sperg about guns but be informative as to the benefits of firearm ownership
VOTE!
Write your representatives, especially those that are progun (mostly downstate guys)
>>
>>32112507
chicongo needs to be glassed
>>
>>32121318
the worst part is that if you read about chimpcago it seems like it was a really nice place as late as the 60s. then it succumbed to white flight because northern whites are fucking idiots and now about half the city is pure niggerville. the only decent areas are north of the loop bound between i90 and the lake.
>>
File: skeet club.png (813KB, 576x642px) Image search: [Google]
skeet club.png
813KB, 576x642px
>>32121318
No, it needs to break away and let the rest of the state form a new government.

51st state becomes Chicongo.
The rest of Illinois gets a shiny new government that doesn't consider corruption it's heritage.
>>
File: 1464923617696.gif (14KB, 332x477px) Image search: [Google]
1464923617696.gif
14KB, 332x477px
People aren't seriously defending 2nd amendment privilege cards, are they?

Are these people out of their fucking minds?

>to own a firearm, just go and get the government's permission first! Remember, it's your "RIGHT"
>>
File: Banky.gif (464KB, 500x201px) Image search: [Google]
Banky.gif
464KB, 500x201px
>>32121343
>The rest of Illinois gets a shiny new government that doesn't consider corruption it's heritage.
>>
>>32121343
I would love to see a new "distributed state" made out of NYC, Chicago, San Fran, LA, Miami, and a few other huge population centers. thats what it basically comes down to. The rest of the US voting against the fucking sprawl dwellers.
>>
>>32120683
Nice to see another Illinois Carry member.

BTW - Living in a town that has an arbitrary and entirely politically-motivated AWB sucks.
>>
What are the aurora gun laws exactly, is it just the 15 round long gun capacity limit, or have I missed anything?
>>
>>32121259
DuPage here, what town are you from?
>>
>>32118607
My wife's took about 3 weeks. Mine took 6 months. We mailed them at the same time.
>>
>>32118590
Where did you come up with this nonsense? Copied and pasted from Illinois DNR's site:

Deer Hunting
Legal Firearms
Shotguns, loaded with slugs only, of not larger than 10 gauge nor smaller than 20 gauge, not capable of firing more than 3 consecutive slugs; or
Single or double barreled muzzleloading rifles of at least .45 caliber shooting a single projectile through a barrel of at least sixteen inches in length; or
Centerfire revolvers or centerfire single-shot handguns of .30 caliber or larger with a minimum barrel length of 4 inches.

Legal Ammunition
For shotguns and muzzleloading firearms, the minimum size of the projectile shall be .44 caliber. A wad or sleeve is not considered a projectile or a part of the projectile.
For handguns, a bottleneck centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger with a case length not exceeding 1.4 inches, or a straight-walled centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger, both of which must be available as a factory load with the published ballistic tables of the manufacturer showing a capability of at least 500 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Note: There is no case length limit for straight-walled cartridges.
Non-expanding military style full metal jacket bullets cannot be used to harvest white-tailed deer; only soft point or expanding bullets (including copper / copper-alloy rounds designed for hunting) are legal ammunition.

Your fuddlore is wrong.
>>
>>32112507
I'm in your neighbor to the East, and I gotta say I feel sorry for you Illinoisfags.
>Literally billboards on I-94E explaining why you should GTFO IL and move to IN
>>
>>32123934
>I'm in your neighbor
Hot!
>>
>>32112550
1. stop buying stupid shit
2. stop buying expensive shit
3. don't buy anything from gas stations
4. cut down all expenses

If you drive your car even once a week, it will drive far enough to get you out of the state

it's not fucking hard
>>
>>32116125
>Dont bother with colleges
>Find a technical college

Are you retarded?
>>
>>32112507
>Do not post threads about gun control. They belong on /pol/.

Come on you dips, it's like you want to be seen as retarded rednecks
>>
>>32123186
why would you you want to live in aurora when it's near much nicer suburbs?
>>
>Grew up in Missouri
>Move to Illinois
>Now trying to move back to Missouri
I heard some statistic on the radio, not sure if its bullshit or not. It said that more people are moving out of Illinois than are moving in.
>>
>>32124596
the state is one big cornfield outside of chimpcago, so it's hardly surprising. the city, not even the suburbs, but the city proper, also controls the whole state's politics so it's easy to see why it's a fucked place to live in.
>>
>>32124305
>want

Not enough money to move, I dont want to live here.
>>
File: Downstate.jpg (289KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Downstate.jpg
289KB, 1280x1280px
>>32124657
>>
>>32121259
I live like 5 mins from college of dreams. They've really built the place up nicely from how it used to be.
>>
>>32112507
move to indiana
shit's total cash over here, literally everything is legal
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.