[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger P series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (254KB, 1536x1020px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
254KB, 1536x1020px
So in lieu of the shit deals that are going on this black Friday, I've thought about getting pic related.
Does/has anyone personally carry(ied) one, and does anyone has any experience with them?
I know they're kinda bulky, but I'm kinda thin so it usually doesn't matter
Gunbroker has them for $250-300 roughly for the non-jewish auctioneers, gonna end up indirectly trading a Mossberg 500 for it.
>>
>>32108137

>be me
>be police
>be poor
>have to provide own firearm for the academy

I carried a Ruger P95 for 6 fucking months. They are actually fantastic blue collar guns. They're heavy as fuck, but go bang every single time you pull the trigger. There is literally nothing not to like for the price point.
>>
>>32108137
Really great reliable guns, literally will survive the apocalypse, but they're heavy as fuck. I think they're almost 40 ounces.
>>
>>32108164
Fair enough, I got kinda burned out on automatics
bought a Glock 27 that would not reliably strike, I got it used from some guy who probably sold it because of the same problem
thinking a hammer fired might be more reliable than a striker (from handguns), I'm not an expert by any means but it just seems that way to me.
>>
>>32108137

Cons:

> heavy as fuck
> ugly as sin
> uncomfortable as a stucco bathtub

Pros:

> indestructible
> absolutely reliable
> nigger-tier price

They're good guns. They're not good-looking guns, but they're good guns.
>>
>>32108137
My dad has the safety/decocker version
According to him, it has had zero failures
Even when he didnt clean it for a few months just to see how far it can go
This was also the first semiauto I've ever fired
Thing is a massive block
I have medium sized hands and had to adjust my grip to reach the magazine release
Racking the slide is incredibly easy due to the safety/decocker
On my first time, I had a failure to go into battery
Although I'm 99.9% sure it was my fault, I either rode the slide stop or limp wrested it
Either way, took less than a second to use my thumb to press it into battery
If I had a choice, I would definitely carry something else for CC
It's too massive and heavy to CC comfortably, especially in 90% humidity
But I would have no problem trusting my life to one
>>
>>32108214
>>32108202
>>32108164
Appreciate the help guys, I'm going to be carrying this on a 3 slot belt holster so comfort isn't really a huge deal.
>>
>>32108164
dad pls
>>
>>32108242
Word of warning, there was a run where the slides are kind of purpleish, the finish on those are super thin, will hold up to holster wear probably but be a bit careful.

But it's a P series so who really cares.
>>
I would be weary of the polymer framed ones since for some reason they were designed to have the slide ride on the plastic frame rails directly. The metal frame ones are pretty darn good though, my dad has a 9mm and a 45 and they're both pretty reliable if a bit big and clunky.
>>
>>32109375
Kek, what? That's pretty much all polymer framed guns with the exception of H&Ks if I'm remembering right.
>>
>>32108137
Way too big for concealed carry, but they make for a great range gun or home defense.
>>
>>32109517
No. All polymer frame guns I know of have metal tabs or frame rails.
>>32109375
It's an extremely hard plastic. If you had enough money yo shoot the gun enoigh to peen the frame rails, you would have bought a nicer handgun.
>>
>>32108137
My shooting buddy has had one for years. Yes it's big, yes its bulky. But it always shoots and the trigger feels like silk.
>>
>>32108207
No, a glock 27 should be as reliable as clockwork. If you have one that is not firing something is broken. It's most likely suffering from shade tree gunsmithing. Send that shit in let a pro undo whatever was done to it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.