[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ar 15 lower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I have a question for /k/
I am 18 and live in Ohio and I recently bought the lower shown. My near by gun store received it but says I have to be 21 to get it. He also said that no parent or guardian can put it in their name for me and the only way I can get this now is to buy a new upper from him. Is what he says true or am I being scammed?
>>
Sounds bullshit, so either steal that shit, or buy an upper
>>
>>32105267
Even if it is bullshit, there isn't much you can do about it unless you can afford a lawyer.
>>
>>32105267
Call the ATF, firearms theft is a serious crime.
>>
File: 20161124_164445.jpg (3MB, 4210x1219px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_164445.jpg
3MB, 4210x1219px
The thing is I already have an upper
>>
>>32105267
Truth from ATF. An ar15 lower only becomes a rifle when a rifle. Are led upper is attached. Bring your upper with you and place upper in rifle. Proceed to 4473 as rifle. Have your shit lord gun dealer check with atf before he attempts to steal your shit. Threaten to call atf while in store and report his ass for malfeasance. They must follow strict guidelines with no margin for error. He fucks you over you shut him down. Very simple. If the lower has a rifle barrel and stock attached it's a rifle. If it has just the tube and pistol barrel it's a pistol. If pistol barrel and buttstock it's an SBR. tax stamp required. This guy is jerking your chain call atf for yourself they have agents answering phones and emails for strictly these reasons. It may take a week to get back to you but they will help you. You can even find out which agent is responsible for your local dealer and speak to him directly. He will lay smack down on gun dealer. No Shits man swear
>>
>>32105433
seriously, ask to speak to the owner, if you're not already doing so.

tell him this, show him your upper.

ask if he is a supporter of the 2nd or just in it for the money.

the law is (thankfully) vague and at his discretion. your giving evidence of rifle over handgun will stand up to any jury.

if he still refuses, out his ass and let the internet wreak vengeance on his ass, if even for only a week.

and this is coming from some dude in cali.
>>
>>32105384
it not theft since 18 year olds can only buy rifles or shotguns from a ffl. half a gun isnt a rifle or shotgun. the ffl cant hand it over to anyone else since op filled out the form saying its for op. if anyone else got it its a straw purchase. the ffls hands are fairly tied in this circumstance.

building it into a complete gun is a workaround that would make it legal for the ffl to complete the transfer. now if he forces you to buy his upper hes a dick cant do shit about that.

this is all ops fault for not researching laws before buying. this has happens alot to 18 year olds buying receivers
>>
>>32105267
to pass the NICS check for a "reciever", you have to be over 21 because you MIGHT build it into a pistol.
You can have a parent obtain it and gift it to you, that is 100% legal, I don't know why this dealer is under the impression that you cannot.
You can also bring in your upper and attach it, making it a rifle.
Record the whole thing and post it on youtube if he balks, then get in contact with the ATF and your local news agencies.
>>
>>32105521
Ridiculous he doesn't have the lower yet so no straw purchase.
>>
Break in and take it
>>
>>32105470
>>32105487
Thank you for the response. I will look into the ATF as well as taking my upper to him showing evidence of a rifle over pistol
>>
>>32105554
I have heard of dealers playing this game before you are not the first
>>
Legally, stripped receivers have the designation of "firearm," and you have to be 21 to buy one, since it could be made into either a pistol or a rifle.

Since OP's receiver has a stock attached, could it be construed that it's technically a rifle? Or if he placed his upper on the receiver?
>>
When I went to pick up the lower he said that a parent can't because I put the order in while using my name
>>
>>32105554
dont be a dick about it .chances are he wants this over with as much as you do since its a pain in the ass situation. if he doesnt want to work with you and forces you to buy his upper. buy it then immediately return the upper. if you take a hit on a restocking fee so be it. take it as a learning experience and move on. its going to be less hassle then returning the lower taking a restocking fee then trying to buy again at another store where you run into the same exact problem of being 18.
>>
>>32105637
This is for an basic ar 15
>>
>>32105608
The reason my I am so resistant to it is he says is cheapest upper is $400 while I got my upper for $300.
>>
>>32105710
hes giving you an easy out of a shitty situation. if hes a nice guy showing you with your upper will probably resolve it.
he could be more of a dick and refuse to transfer it at all or keep it till you turn 21.
one of my buddies had to wait 4 months to take possession.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.