[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EOD suits as combat advantages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 194t0h006w3njjpg.jpg (21KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
194t0h006w3njjpg.jpg
21KB, 800x450px
Could we modify an EOD suit to be like a modern set of knight armor?
We would have to find a way to:
give it a water supply
make it slightly less cumbersome
make it wearable for hours on end
Any ideas?
>>
They are designed to stop explosives...it's really more of just to make them THINK it stops explosives tho to make them braver as they die all the time trying to disarm ieds...those suits aren't meant to stop bullets tho
>>
>>32104764
I'm aware they are for explosives, but is there a feasible way to modify it for combat?
>>
DOZER
ON THE FIELD

They're heavy as it is and they're only rated to stop shrapnel. They'd be far too heavy to be useful if every square inch was IIIA. Maybe for HRT they'd be useful but not beyond that
But I'm just talking out of my ass here
>>
>>32104801
Well, weight, heat, maneuverability are all an issue without bullet stopping capabilities. So, strap some steel plates all over and you're increasing that ten fold. Only way I can see is to conjure up some pixie dust and stretch it over an exo suit.
>>
>>32106329
how would making them trans help at all?
>>
File: 1478519963882.gif (2MB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1478519963882.gif
2MB, 500x339px
>>32106556
They're like a weighted vest so if you're F to M they'll help you build muscle
>>
>>32104724
>Too heavy
>Not enough protection to stop bullets
>extremely bulky
The only way I could imagine a suit like to be viable for combat would be:
>Attach it to an exo-skeleton to mitigate the weight
>Attach a ventilation system
>Add more armored plates and increase protection in general
>Add some further gadgets like integrated long range radios and similar things.
>Find a way to attach ammo, grenades, IFAKs and so on to it.
And even then it would still be extremely bulky and pretty annoying during CQC. I mean, imagine not being able to fit through doorways properly.
>>
What about MK7/8 power Armor?
>>
>>32106945
have fun dying from the gene therapy for being unfit to survive to be one of the Empra's sons
>>
>>32106999
I was destined to be a wizard anyway. Might as well give it a shot!
>>
>>32104724
>>
>>32104801
maybe replace that bomb suit stuff with soft armor and make it a big plate carrier
>>
File: ztj9ki.jpg (518KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
ztj9ki.jpg
518KB, 533x800px
>>32104724
Become a penis.
>>
>>32108840
I also wanted a camo track suit
>>
File: 1450384605518.jpg (164KB, 708x725px) Image search: [Google]
1450384605518.jpg
164KB, 708x725px
>>32104724
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.