[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen Valor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 45

File: ValorThiefs[1].jpg (105KB, 800x379px) Image search: [Google]
ValorThiefs[1].jpg
105KB, 800x379px
What's /k/'s opinion on people who claim to be soldiers but aren't and those who video them?
>>
Also has anyone here ever encountered these people IRL?
>>
>>32104722
>Inb4 I'm a vet and I don't care
>Inb4 they don't deserve too wear that
>Inb4 implying welfare qeens have valor
>>
>>32104722
I personally just feel bad for them, but the people who film them and put it on YouTube are just as retarded. Anybody who puts on a uniform like the one in OPs pic is literally just pants on head retarded.

Nobody gives a shit if you served anyway
>>
As long as they're not trying to use it to con somebody, I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: make this motherfucker famous.png (89KB, 289x344px) Image search: [Google]
make this motherfucker famous.png
89KB, 289x344px
A lot of people have seen this piece of shit claiming he was a SOLDIER 1st Class.

Total phony. He needs to get lifed out.
>>
File: You_Have_Mental_Sickness.jpg (25KB, 400x182px) Image search: [Google]
You_Have_Mental_Sickness.jpg
25KB, 400x182px
>>32104746
>Traveling on a train
>Old man sits down
>Asks if I'm in the Army
>Tells me about the years he served
>He was in Vietnam
>His unit used AKs instead of M16s because the sound confused the enemy, they were more reliable and they could still use friendly ammunition
>Two years later he was promoted to LTCOL in the field
>Ordered a platoon to line up so he could select the section he was going to lead into the field
>Hid his rank so his men would speak frankly, and he chose the cockiest ones
>He killed so many viet cong with that section he can't sleep at night
>But he lost so many friends, good lads
>He was a member of the elite red berets (red beret is a reservist/home guard unit)
>He was in the 7th regiment (never existed)
>His medals were stolen by the quartermaster, "everyone's were back then, they melted them down for valuable scrap"
>"Thanks for listening, not many people respect veterans anymore"
>"This is my stop"
>Salutes me (I am an NCO)
>I grabbed his ankle as he got off the train
>He slips and crashes mouth first into the train platform
>I dragged him back so his legs are in the door so the doors wouldn't close on me
>I stepped on the back of his knee, putting weight down until I heard it crunch
>Grabbed my ID card from my pocket, and bent down so I was whispering in his ear
>With one hand on the back of his head forcing his bloody nose onto my ID card I yelled at him to read it
>A crowd had gathered, cheering me on, chanting "STOLEN VALOR, STOLEN VALOR"
>Broken teeth dribbled out between his jagged lips, he croaked "I don't know what C. P. L means..."
>That was enough, I lifted his head off the deck as the crowd reached crescendo
>"STOLEN! VALOR!"
>I twist his neck as I have been trained to do, removing his head and the upper portion of his spine in one motion
>I raise the trophy above my head, letting the blood and saliva drip onto my cover
>I slayed the dragon.

Everything after the salute isn't true... I just felt confused and sorry for him.
>>
File: confusion.jpg (82KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
82KB, 736x414px
>they all pretend to be Enlisted
Literally why?

I don't fucking understand. If you are going to lie at least lie big.
>>
>>32105017
>Yes my name is George S. Patton
>>
>>32104722
Who the fuck does the autist on the right think hes fooling
>>
>>32104722
I can't wear anything with camo without feeling like a total faggot. I understand if you hunt innawoods, but people who can just wear it casually for fashion blow my mind.
>>
>>32105047
I fucking love chen. Shit's so cute
>>
I talked to this one faggot who tried to tell me he worked overseas in the Peace Corps. Nice try faggot, the only corps is the Marine Corps! He got quite an ass beating for trying to pull that shit.
>>
I knew some friend of a friend who claimed he was Airborne. Was telling stories about BCT and HALO jumping. He was a pretty big dude, and me and my friends had no reason to not believe him considering we all knew fuck all about the military. Anyways, one of the guys friends who was also my friend asked me to let him sleep at my house one night cause he was just visiting from another state. I let him see my guns, fuck around with them etc. Totally looked up to the guy, was really nice and cool.

Found out a year or so later when he came up in a conversation that he actually wasn't in the military. His friend told me that he was a lying sack of shit. I was pretty upset. Can't believe I let a loonie fuck with my guns.
>>
File: IMG_2325.png (2MB, 2313x2313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2325.png
2MB, 2313x2313px
>>32105123
>>
>>32105078
this but i bet 99% of this board doesnt leave their house if they aren't wearing something camo
>>
My brother was in the marines. I steel his uniform and ID and go out and get free drinks, food and discounts. Pretty awesome desu senpai.
>>
>>32105192
It hurts.
>>
File: 1479762401346.gif (32KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1479762401346.gif
32KB, 500x447px
>>32104722
Sometimes it's obvious in the case of the OP's pic where there's a guy in AF blues with enough stripes to be SNCO, but he's got a CIB and enough chest cabbage to qualify him for delta, but just looks sloppy, or the guy who's supposed to be an E10 or some shit but just has medals plastered every which way. I don't get why they all pretend to be some superhero special snowflake when they could just claim to be something boring like an E4 88M with one deployment and a CAB and they'd fit in with all the other 88Ms who can't go fifteen minutes without reminding you they're a combat vet and go on and on about THEIR TIME IN THE WAR and THAT TIME A TRUCK IN OUR CONVOY GOT BLOWN UP.

Most of the time it's extremely obvious just by the way they carry themselves. How they stand and walk. Some guy sporting a blue cord with CIB walking around with his hands in his pockets. That, and basically everyone I knew jumped out of ACUs and into civvies the first chance they got rather than parade around in them like some sort of military cosplayer.

I mean, it's shitty, but unless they're trying to con people with it, I don't really give a fuck. I think the harshest thing I've ever said to a guy claiming to have been a marine scout sniper was something like "You shouldn't lie about shit you never did. Someday someone who actually knows better it is going to call you out on it."
>>
File: 1427502085953.png (84KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1427502085953.png
84KB, 4000x4000px
>>32105193
>>
>>32104722
As long as they don't profit from it in a major way, I don't really care. If Sperg Ferguson wants to pretend he was in the E-lite Special Supermarine Navy Ranger Seal Forces and gets 10% off the Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's because he clearly has some mental problems, I don't care.

It does bother me when peoples who.know better make claims that are clearly bullshit to enhance their reputation and profit from it that it bothers me.
>>
File: 1477161566522.jpg (177KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
1477161566522.jpg
177KB, 800x571px
>>32105223
>4000x4000
>84kb
B&W is impressive.
>>
JUST
>>
File: 1229108721893.jpg (249KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1229108721893.jpg
249KB, 750x563px
I can't even understand why would anyone do that. Do Americans get such a hard-on for soldiers, that some people will try to fake it for the social perks? Because if so, this retardation is on all of y'all.
>>
>>32104753
why is it literal welfare collectors who bitch about the military being welfare collectors? At least we have to work to collect our welfare checks. You sit around bitching about how the man is keeping you down and wishing you were privileged.
>>
>>32105123
lol nice b8 m8
>>
>>32105275
Calm down dude. I'm a veteran. I just inb4'ed it because one is bound to show up and say it.
>>
>>32104722
The majority of the people who dress up like soldiers/sof/marines for attention tend to have real mental issues (I.e. Mentally handicapped/retarded) so I don't see the point in confronting them about it. I think the guys that go up to them and film themselves while yelling about how their wives son earned te right to wear that uniform etc. are just as bad. That said if you try to fake a military career for some benefits you should be treated as a criminal, since that is fraud.
>>
Can I wear my M65 around town?

It's really warm.
>>
>>32105266
Discounts at stores and some other benefits can be enough for some people to do it. But a lot of them just want to be recognized for their "service" and do it for ego alone.
>>
>>32105078
>ETSed in 92
>Wore most of my old BDUs as work clothes, because comfy
>give younger teenage brother field jacket with spare liner
>still has unit patch and name tag on it
>brother proud to wear it because it his older brother's
>guy down the street comes back from basic, sees younger brother walking around in field jacket
>spergs out
>you.didn't EARN THE RIGHT to wear that
>younger brother tells me about it
>next time I see him, tell to shut the fuck up about it, it's an article of clothing you can buy at the Army/Navy store, not some super elite members only bullshit
>>
>american't soldiers
>valor
pick one
>>
>>32105314

The majority of vets/servicemen that call out stolen valor are mentality handicapped as well.

The military has been shown to time and time again mentally alter its personnel.

So its retards arguing with retards.

The life was meant to be.
>>
>>32105259
STEAL
>>
>>32105266
Actually towns and cities next to bases tend to resent military because young service members tend to do dumb shit. Local businesses don't offer military discounts because so many of their customers are military and they'd lose too much money.

The further away from one you get, more friendly. But real service members don't wear their uniforms in town unless they have too.
>>
>>32105266
it's mostly old people but there is some really stupid military worship.

there was some NG unit doing a rare military parade through a town in California and this woman was shouting to every dude THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE as they drove by. that was in a video I saw but it's mostly just stupid shit like that. old people.
>>
>>32105316
Ask /fa/, but I doubt anyone worth giving a shit about cares.
>>
>>32105363

Not true here in Arkansas.

Everyone knows if an enlisted man is being a douche just call his Sergeant.

Military guys are very well behaved here WHEN they are in uniform or around people that know they are in the service.

Any other time they are normal dumb kids like anyone else.
>>
>>32105218
>that feel when you're an 88M and the worse thing that happened was.some dumbass braked too hard and ripped the fifth wheel off and ate the front of a loaded 5000 gallon tanker

Desert Storm vet here. They didn't give out CAB badges back them. I also saw a guy get bit by a sidewinder at NTC once. Stupid fucker was trying to pick the snake up with his hand.
>>
>>32104722

anyone who does it is pathetic
anyone who gets mad/angry about it is pathetic
>>
>>32105395
Well they didnt like Marines much in Oceanside, California. Maybe that's because it's SoCal.

The best was when my unit got back from Iraq and we were all on a bus. Some guy rode by all the buses and his hot girlfriend flashed her tits.
>>
>>32105316
Yes, this is America isn't it? The important thing to ask is "do I look good in my m65?" Because with the shape of most surplus m65s the answer tends to be "no".
>>
>>32105006
>they could still use friendly ammunition
wut
>>
File: 1386305710426.png (162KB, 276x290px) Image search: [Google]
1386305710426.png
162KB, 276x290px
>>32105042
>>
>>32105411
Shit man, I worked with an 88M after I got out, and in GWOT CABs were basically participation awards. I think if some random fuck sprayed in the general direction of a convoy, everyone involved was eligible for one.
>>
>be in civil air patrol
>wearing USAF-style class C's
(The basic uniform is the same but there are distinive differences in the insignia)
>go to safeway to get some fried chicken for dinner before meeting
>guy walks up, 6'3(?), 200 pounds, beard, oakleys, FDE hat with celcro american flag patch on it
>"sup air force"
>before I can say anything, he looks and points at my epaulettes (which are grey, not blue) and says "the fuck is that?"
>"i'm in the civ-"
>"that's not fucking cool, bro, A PJ saved my life in afghanistan, you aren't shit compared to him"
>takes my picture as I try to explain to him that i'm not in the Air Force
>"fuck you, poser"
>k
>>
>>32105218
to be fair, a fuck load of 88M's have been shot at and blown up more times than they can count.
>>
File: why.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>he pretends to be an AIrfag

But why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIjipFoAd_s
>>
>>32105340
>ETS'd in 92
>MFW I didn't know there were people that old on 4chan
>>
File: 1475393560288.jpg (127KB, 869x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1475393560288.jpg
127KB, 869x1087px
>>32105411
>saw a guy get bit by a sidewinder at NTC once. Stupid fucker was trying to pick the snake up

War truly is hell.
>>
>>32105448
ancient fudd myth that russian weapons can use NATO ammunition
>>
>>32105564
This board is over 10+ years old... what did you expect? Sure 2010-2014 came the wave of more under 16 year Olds but other than that this board rages from 12-60 year olds.
>>
>>32105411
>>32105641

I read the third sentence as:
>saw a guy get hit by a sidewinder at NTC once.

First thought was "how far were you from the missile and yet still got a good look of the guy?"
>>
>>32105017
yeah they should pretend to be a general lol

or better yet pretend your a vet from another country like germany or iraq
>>
>>32105266
>Do Americans get such a hard-on for soldiers, that some people will try to fake it for the social perks?

Yes, very much so. We raise it up as one of the basic tests of masculinity in addition to a basic requirement of patriotism. These guys are more that willing to risk being called-out for the feeling of being respect they will get.

Veterans are a bit divided on it. Some see it as pathetic but don't particularly care one way or the other, others get really bothered by it.
>>
File: Steven Spielberg.jpg (18KB, 220x310px) Image search: [Google]
Steven Spielberg.jpg
18KB, 220x310px
>>32105006
>>
>>32104746
A homeless man told me he was special forces. I asked him where he went to boot camp and he told me Ft. Bragg.

I also saw a man in a chefs outfit at a bookstore. He gave the cashier some cooking advice and I could tell he was full of shit. People like to play pretend when their lives aren't fulfilled.
>>
>>32105017
They probably think chevrons look cooler.
>>
>>32105564
I shipped for basic in 92, got out in 97 and went Reserves, then returned to active in 2000, then out for good in 2006
>>
>>32104722
Maybe if we hadn't started treating soldiers like gods, these faggots would be far less common
>>
>>32105296
You know when you really think about it, saying vets or AD fags are welfare queens doesn't make sense.

We actually work, we signed a contract so its literally "this for that", and we still pay taxes anyways with the exception of combat zones/in country.

I guess its just something to trigger our more thin skinned compatriots
>>
>>32105006

> traveling on a train

what the fuck
>>
>>32105017
>Pretend to be a butterbar
>Act confused all the time
>Tell people you're lost while getting military discounts

No one would be the wiser.
>>
>>32104746
>Also has anyone here ever encountered these people IRL?

I know an old guy who claims to have fought in the 82nd Airborne in the Korean War, except that unit was held in reserve in Europe the duration of the war.
>>
>>32106200
That is exactly why they do it.
>>32106232
Kek.
>>
>>32105006
this is the funniest thing I've read in months thx anon
>>
>>32105314
>>32105350
I'd like to see statistics for both of those, especially the second one
>>
>>32104722
Both sides are pretty fucking gay
>>
>>32106199

This guy got it.
>>
File: Joseph_McCarthy.jpg (577KB, 996x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
577KB, 996x1191px
Guise, I was totally a tailgunner on 100 missions.

>sometimes people drink their own kool-aid and its sad.

The faggots that sperg out about it are also sad.
>>
>>32106200
>literally lives off of taxpayers

there's no difference
>>
>>32105448
Maybe the south koreans/indigenous troops also used AKs idk
>>
File: 1478807555229.jpg (54KB, 960x891px) Image search: [Google]
1478807555229.jpg
54KB, 960x891px
>>32105340
Jesus, it's always the motards who just get out of basic that act this way for the most part.
>Know a guy who broke his foot during AIT, but acts like he was a career vet who actually did shit
>Knew another guy whose dad died while he was at basic, they discharged him for "depression". Dude acts like he served with every marine he ever saw, and he never left basic.
>Then there are the guys who ACTUALLY served, and none of them that I know or have met have to remind you every 15 minutes that they were in the service.
Granted there are some people who served and are still motards, or are just proud that they served, but generally the motherfucker who has his car plastered in stickers and never misses an opportunity to talk about their "service" was the same dude stationed in Hawaii during peacetime
>>
the only thing more cringy than a pretender wearing a uniform is an actual soldier wearing it in public
>>
>>32104722
the only thing cringier are the guys videotaping them lol
>>
>>32106003
>Army Uniform
>Ribbons all fucked up
>FMF Ribbon on there

Did you even try
>>
>>32105513
I've yet to meet some one in the CAP that wasn't a complete autismo.
>>
>>32106200
ancaps gonna ancap
>>
>>32106215
better than driving and cheaper than flying
traveling on a train across multiple states sucks tho
>>
>>32104746
Only once. I didnt film him, didnt shame him, didnt make a scene.

I was driving from drum to boston to visit my girlfriend at the time. Late release from work, and i just wanted to get on the road, so i didnt change out of my acus. I stopped at one the the rest stops just after the Massachusetts border to get a redbull and some pogy bait, and i saw him
>short black guy, maybe 20
>pencil thin chinstrap beard and mustache
>acus, unbloused pants, black boots
>flag on wrong shoulder, no unit patch
>gold
>pin on
>master sergeant

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, i approached him before going to the counter and asked "rotc?"

"Nah brah" with widening eyes

"Well then at least you could've shaved if you were gonna fake it"

He just lowered his head, looked around furtively and walked away.

I honestly felt kinda bad for him. Stuck in some podunk bullshit down in the western hills of mass. Just trying to get recognized for something.
>>
File: 1383484283637.jpg (91KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1383484283637.jpg
91KB, 800x534px
https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walting_With_Confidence
>>
>>32105350
>majority of vets/servicemen are mentality handicapped as well

there ftfy
>>
File: MEPS DQ.png (2MB, 1289x1257px) Image search: [Google]
MEPS DQ.png
2MB, 1289x1257px
>>32106685

So anon, asthma or obesity? Or maybe both?
>>
>>32105006
Capped. Thanks for making me chuckle!!
>>
As an Australian, I find this whole stolen valour thing, and /k/ threads on it, fucking hilarious.

I don't know if we have much of it here, all our cervix thanking is reserved for a couple days a year, so I don't know if there'd be as much of a self-esteem boost for them.

I love the people in these threads who think that wearing of any camp whatsoever is stolen valour, they're cute and silly. I have a camo jacket since I was a teenager with a Sepultura patch on one arm and a toy monkey sewn on the back, pretty sure nobody mistakes me for army in that though.
>>
>>32106731
That's OK, most of us find Australians hilarious.
>>
>>32105363
Not at all true in Pensacola.
>>
>>32104722

I don't care.
>>
>>32105006
>>I grabbed his ankle as he got off the train
Pussy.
>>
>>32106721
>mouthbreathing welfare queen assembles a strawman to make himself feel better about shitty life choices
W E W
>>
>>32106984

Your years are delicious.

Cry more, bitch nigger.
>>
>>32104722
Why do they call it stolen valor? They didn't take it from anyone. Sure, it's fraudulent and wrong but not stolen. It should be called valor fraud.
>>
>>32105419
>not liking military things
>in California
There's your problem. Californians think every part of that state is a safe space.
>>
>>32105513
You're supposed to magdump anyone wearing velcro American flag hats. That's protocol, faggot.
>>
File: 1302141388.jpg (48KB, 394x604px) Image search: [Google]
1302141388.jpg
48KB, 394x604px
>>32106721
>retard aspiring to indentured servitude for the government thinks everyone else sets the bar even lower because of imagined physical deficiencies

seriously, even trade-school apprentices make more money
>>
>>32107130
Fraudulent Valor?
>>
>>32107130
I never heard the term until I became a /k/ommando. We just called them liers, phonies, or full of shit.
>>
>>32107228
Dude, i make 71k a year to shitpost on /k/ and yell at 18 year old privates for 8-10 hours a day.

Name a trade with less actual work that makes anywhere close to that.
>>
>>32107263
>yell
>for 8-10 hours a day.
i don't see how that would seem appealing to anyone but the most brain dead dipshits.
>>
>>32106332
Don't get me wrong, we treated Vietnam vets (and to a lesser extent Korean vets) like shit; however, going in the complete opposite direction hasn't helped as much as people would like to think.
>>
>>32106534
I met a cute, nerdy CAP girl in college. We shot the shit about Russian military aviation for hours. Autistic, perhaps, but not in the motard variety I associate with CAP stories.
>>
>>32106660
>>32104722
These civies parading around like military aren't right in the head, man. Think about it.
Also, the people who record and shame them are just confrontational retards.
>>
>>32107284

bingo. acting anti-social doesnt far in life outside of government, thats probably shit floats to the top in government.

meanwhile the trade school apprentice is learning actual skills that will be useful for his entire life. but thanks for confirming that being in the military is the same thing as NEET.
>>
>>32107284
Wait, are you actually autistic? How are you usually yelled at while at work?

"Yelling" usually consists of me giving my team leaders tasks, then correcting a private when they do something incorrectly. It's shitty middle management stuff.

But you think .mil is just like the movies, yeah?
>>
>>32107337
>How are you usually yelled at while at work

I don't since my co-workers are not retarded.
>>
>>32107263
You don't make that. Shut up
>>
>>32107346
E6 base pay plus w/dependants bah plus cola (alaska).

This is all published publicly annually.
>>
>>32107356
>i make 71k a year to shitpost on /k/ and pay for the ball and chain and her multiple babbies

Is it so hard to be honest?

Not to mention 71k for a family isn't exactly ballin'
>>
>>32107345
Maybe your coworkers aren't. I don't know if theyd be able to say the same thing tho.
>>
>>32107367
>family

Do you think i fell for that? Shit, she makes more than i do, and she doesnt want kids till i ets. That's the only reason i married her in the first place.
>>
>>32106721
>tfw I was DQ'ed from MEPs in 2010
>tfw I didnt even discover /k/ until 2 years ago
>tfw only been a gun owner for 3 years
>tfw I never had fantasies about being operator
>tfw I am actually glad i didnt join the military now
Its a good fucking feel
I can't even think of the military as anything other than "fall in line private, and dont rape anyone this weekend!"
"yes xir!"
>>
>>32107369

it is called professionalism and mutual respect, i know it is hard for a welfare queen to understand since your "profession" centers on being 2nd place in a race to the bottom.
>>
>>32107390
Dude, not even who you're arguing with, but as someone who's been on both sides of the fence between public and private sectors, i can honestly say private sector has so many more bullshit personality driven problems than public sector. Only real difference is that the mechanism to drive out bad people in private industry is based on the bottom line of the company; the shithead won't get canned unless the profit stops.
>>
>>32107424
>so many more bullshit personality driven problems than public sector

Says the guy who says his job revolves around yelling at people for 8-10 hours a day, i.e. the kind of anti-social behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in any private workplace, but is considered part of the job in government.
>>
>>32104746
>My wife and I are both veterans (she's a Marine, I'm a Greenside Corpsman).
>We're at the mall and we see this kid in the food court wearing Marine blues.
>This mall doesn't have a recruiter, does it?
>Lance Corporal patch on sleeves, four rows full on his rack, blood stripe on trousers (a dead giveaway)
>uniform fits like shit, Corframs not polished, haircut can't even see regulation from where it's sitting
>basically looks like a complete shitbag
>We decide to have some fun with the kid
>We sit down next to him and start to make chit-chat, "How long you been in, what outfit you with" etc.
>Wife flips her shit about every single uniform violation she can find.
>Kid starts crying because a 100 pound woman is about to put her foot up his ass.

Good times.
>>
>>32106003
>de oppresso liber
NOW I'M REALLY ANGRY
>>
>>32105192
Does normal person camo count? AKA Nothing camo.
>>
I never really thought about it growing up while I had a parent in the military and a grandfather vet.

I feel bad for the idiots. I feel bad for their lack of awareness. Ive some videos and they just seem like absentminded morons.

If they had just a little self awareness then they might see how much a goober they are.
>>
>>32107456
how is causing a scene in public "good times" unless you're trailer trash?
>>
File: Realization.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Realization.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>32107503
>soldiers are trailer trash
>>
>>32107503
Nah bro, former Marines really do get on one another for uniform violations. It's fucking weird, but then, they ARE a fucking cult.
>>
>>32107519
N-n-not officers, though. Right?
>>
>>32107522
We call it a "gun club". But yeah.
>>
>>32107458
FUCK I MISSED THAT, I AM REALLY ACTUALLY UPSET NOW
I'M NOT KIDDING
>>
Tfw I wear my dad's field jacket a lot, but there are no patches or anything. I still get paranoid someone will yell at me.

Idk. I'm thinking about joining the Navy in a few years.
>>
>>32107478
>Does normal person camo count?

Of course not. Neither does wearing a cap or a t-shirt that says "Navy" on it or something like that.

It's only if you're wearing a _uniform_ and/or ribbons that you have not earned.

It's not just civilians, either. There are plenty of examples of soldiers sticking a CIB on their uniform or an extra stripe on their shoulders. Those guys are just as loathsome.
>>
File: 1470050733833.jpg (509KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1470050733833.jpg
509KB, 2048x1365px
>be me
>be hoodlum
>last few days
>wait by airport for servicemen to come home on leave
>trail them in my Brougham
>they always go to the store to pick up flowers or chocolate or some shit for SO's
>as soon as they get out of the car I rush up
>put my problem solver in their face
>produce a canvas bag
>"PUT THE FUCKING VALOR IN THE BAG AND YOU WON'T GET HURT"
>fast forward to today
>at store
>wearing my valor for a discount
>some fresh out of boot motherfucker walks up
>notices I'm wearing an Expert Marksman - Aeroweapons medal
>and also a Coast Guard FS rating badge
>screams STOLEN VALOR at the top of his lungs
>mfw I point out to him that it's actually robbed valor
>tell him to put his valor in the bag or he doesn't get hurt
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (3MB, 3021x2637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
3MB, 3021x2637px
>Be me at 25yd range with pic related because FL

>Guy next to me has Glock brand Glockâ„¢ goatee and condor multicam hat

>"Hey buddy what ya shooting?"

>Let him shoot because I'm a nice guy and usually offer to the normies that head turn

>Goatee man says "Yeah this is just like the one we had when I was a cqb instructor in the muhreens"

>wat

>empties mag

>"thats odd, your mag release is in the opposite side"

>wat

I just assumed he was another retard Marine, it was only after that I realized that he was probably full of shit.
>>
File: 1476715907052.jpg (180KB, 992x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476715907052.jpg
180KB, 992x480px
>>32104722
>What's /k/'s opinion on people who claim to be soldiers but aren't
Marines are fags
>>
>>32104722
I think they're retarded but the people who get ridiculously upset about it are worse. Some poor Vietnam vet got beat up by some faggots because they didn't believe him.
>Hurrr muh JTTOTS
>We're always watching XDDD
>>
File: 800px-Mattis_Centcom_2010.jpg (190KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mattis_Centcom_2010.jpg
190KB, 800x1000px
>>32104722
As a vet I really dont know. Its bad obviously but I cant help but feel pity for these people. It depends on why they do it though, the guys in the pics are obviously to trying to just get fre stuff because thats too much effort to go too. They look military enthusiasts who for whatever reason(probably medical) couldn't fulfill their dreams. Theyre probably not the most social adept people and dont realise the consequences of what they're doing. To them it might almost seem like a dress up/cosplay type thing. I mean people dress up at parties as soldiers so whats the real difference in their mind?

It took me years to get in, I had to over come alot of hurdles and if I wasnt here I probably would have killed myself. There is nothing else in life I can do Im too institutionalized and anti-social to be a civilian at a desk all my life. I cant imagine what a desperate person would do if they knew they would never be able to live out their dreams.
>>
File: walnut-reenactment.jpg (462KB, 1600x1047px) Image search: [Google]
walnut-reenactment.jpg
462KB, 1600x1047px
Threadly reminder that there's nothing illegal about stolen valor as long as you aren't trying to profit from it

t. Revolutionary War Veteran
>>
>>32104746
I suspected my co worker of being stolen valor. Said he was a marine. Also said he used to run a mile in ~5 min. He told me he was shot in the Knee in Iraq. He has no limp and no purple heart licensee plate. He then later told me about a grenade going off and shrapnel in the back of his head (no scars). Said all of his military stuff was lost in a house fire.

Other co worker also always had wild stories, said he was an Army Ranger. He was in for 5 years and broke his back on a botch jump, shoot didnt deploy and he was discharged. He has no limp or anything. Seems fine. For veterans day when they had all the veterans up, the only picture of him was a J ROTC picture from high school.

His stories were too wild. I later confirmed he was in the Army but that was it. Bitch said he flew to Iraq on 9/11 but when I BG checked him he was in jail for a month in October 2001.
>>
File: PicRelated.jpg (140KB, 1000x833px) Image search: [Google]
PicRelated.jpg
140KB, 1000x833px
>>32104722

They come in 2 flavors.
1. The mentally ill, who pretend to be something they aren't and share in there delusion with others. They
are harmless and go as quickly as they show up.
2. People who abuse the soldier system for finance or social gain.

Stolen valor is targeted at financial gain. Example: A guy on a street corner trying to benefit from wearing
a uniform as emotional extortion. This dishonors our servicemen and should be criminal. But this is not
always how stolen valor is applied. Stolen valor is now being shifted to other things because of our
entitled military mindset. An Example:

Wearing a camo top or bottom in public is now STEALIN MY VALOR, even if its kids who are playing
airsoft. This is so wrong on so many levels, and the fact that these entitled brats will chastise people
for wearing camo when America has the concept of the Citizen Milita is even more retarded.

Leave people who want to wear camo alone.
Leave reenactors alone.
Leave movie makers alone.
Leave hunters alone.
and so on.

Stick to prosecuting people who stand to gain financially from it.
>>
>>32107997
It's your bullshit meter, so you're probably right.

I knew a guy when I was in the Marines that could do a 16:30 3 mile. So if he only had to run 1 and gassed it I'm sure he could pull off a 5 minute mile. That's the exception however, not common.
>>
>>32106379
/thread
>>
>>32106200
>pay taxes
>give money back to the hand that feeds you

that is not taxation, that is the government lying about your actual pay. taxation is the government dipping into a transfer between two private parties.
>>
>>32108169
Then every state ad federal employee is in the same boat. So you're essentially saying we shouldn't have any government.

Nice retard logic.
>>
>>32104722
Disgusting.
>>
>>32108184

No, it simply means government employees cannot be taxed by definition.

>So you're essentially saying we shouldn't have any government.

No, you are the only one saying that.

>Nice retard logic.

Yes, you are.
>>
>>32108199
They pay what everyone else does with a salary. You have no argument.

Or technically civilians are just being lied to about actual wages also.
>>
>>32108184
>Get paid by .gov
>.gov removes money from from your paycheck from them
>You're effectively being paid less than advertised since they could just pay you what it would be after tax from the start
>Hurr durr you're saying we shouldn't have a government
No you fucking mong. I'm not even him, but holy shit you're retarded if you can't grasp that concept.
>>
>>32108253
See
>>32108215

And stop eating paint.
>>
>>32108215

Private sector workers are taxed when a governmental third-party extracts a percentage of the private transfer. That is taxation. They are not lied to, the employer says, you would have received this much, but the government took a bunch of money.

Government workers are supposedly "taxed" when in reality the payer simply reneges on a portion of the supposedly agreed upon compensation. That is not taxation: there is no third-party, the payer simply hands you less money.
>>
>>32105807
I'm a plastic paddy fucklord and look Irish too,
I thought of someone putting on a shitty Luck Charms commercial accent and saying they served in the Gulf war as Irish Infantry.
>>
>>32107934
lol
>>
File: shieet.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shieet.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>32108264
>see
>that post explains nothing
>>
>>32108267
>Are held to same rules

If they weren't taxed you'd just be complaining "OH my GOD I have to pay taxes and they don't". You're just a retard that wants to bitch.
>>
>>32108287
>Are held to same rules

Yes, typically people who aren't idiots apply the meaning of words equally in order to make honest comparisons.

>If they weren't taxed you'd just be complaining "OH my GOD I have to pay taxes and they don't". You're just a retard that wants to bitch.

But they aren't taxed, and I am simply pointing that out along with the definition of taxation. You are the retard actually splerging out.
>>
>>32108316
OK. Let's stop taxing them and increase pay. You win.

More money for my .mil bros.
>>
>>32106721
wtf this is like 99.99% of /k/
>>
>>32108329
>if the government stopped lying about my actual compensation and told the truth, my pay would increase

No, that is not how arithmetic works.
>>
>>32108359
Youz a dumb. We done here.
>>
>>32107388
that's because you were DQ'd and will never know, thus you will always talk out your ass(with much bluster and fake bravado, I'm sure).
>>
>>32107449
>the kind of anti-social behavior that wouldn't be tolerated

spotted the HR female
>>
>>32108367
>We done here.
>We

Shit you have not even started to make a single coherent logical argument.

Then again, can't expect any sort of logic from dumbshit soldiers.
>>
>>32108384

spotted the entry-level pimple-face kid still on probation
>>
>>32105513
Similar story

>Sea Cadet
>Chief at 16, been to SEAL and EOD
>After drill one day in my NWUs
>Stop at KFC
>Literally the one time I'm not with my friends
>Guy comes up to me wearing his combat boots, high socks, cut off camo shorts, a tap-out shirt, and a campaign cover with 40 different army unit pins on it
>"You look a little young to be a Chief, boy; what MOS are you?"
>"Well their called rates and I'm actu-"
>"I know what their called damn it, don't lie to me!"
>"Look man I-"
>"You shouldn't be in that uniform and you know it- I should tear all those fake awards off your uniform right now!"
>Just sat there and drank my tea and he stormed off

People are retarded
>>
>>32108329
Again you're the only twit saying this shit.
Really think for more than a second. The government is simply just paying you less since they're the ones doling out the cash to you. A private business is paying you the full amount with the government taking a cut of it and adding to its revenue. The government "taxing" a government employee isn't yielding any revenue, it's just lowering their operating budget.
>>
>>32108386
>We

So the two of us wouldn't be "we"? Lmao.

Hey don't pick on Soldiers. I was in the branch guys like you love to troll more.
>>
>>32108424
Semantics. Get 18+.
>>
>>32108437
>So the two of us wouldn't be "we"? Lmao.
>missing the point this hard

I am done, you have not started. Ergo, there is no "we".
>>
>>32108447
>dismiss the actual meaning of the words being argued upon as semantics

Is there any question that soldiers are the intellectual dregs of society?
>>
>>32108447
I'm sorry you think scooping up water from a pool and dumping it back in is the same as adding water to the pool from a different pool
>>
>>32108452
>Ergo

You're the guy created the Matrix. Lmao. Why replying if done. I guarantee you reply. Ergo, not done
>>
>>32108400
is that supposed to be an insult Julie? Maybe try again after you remove that tampon.
>>
>>32108515

Done: talking about the meaning of taxation, because obviously you are immune to logic.

Not done: pointing out how retarded you are.
>>
>>32105259
This dude's dead. Also if you guys haven't seen him in full, his pants were tucked into tan army boots
>>
>>32108545
The wittle baby done. Ahhh.

I love hearing about taxes from kids who don't pay them tho. Shucks.
>>
>>32108525

Hardly, just positing a likely scenario.

But really, if you think that acting out is acceptable in the average workplace, you are either a lifelong NEET, or must have only "worked" in government.
>>
File: 2015.png (18KB, 664x117px) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
18KB, 664x117px
>>32108567
>I love hearing about taxes from kids who don't pay them tho. Shucks.

whatever you say, retard
>>
>>32108584
Your dad doesn't lock his filing cabinet? Shameful.
>>
>>32104722

>people want to pretend to be welfare baby murderers

Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>32108615
>grasping at straws this hard

it's ok you can't recognize a turbotax summary page, since military man-babbies don't pay taxes
>>
>>32108569
>acting out
sounds like some lefty term for 'anything that feels like sand in my pussy' to me.
Ya know what's great about the average workplace? You can always find another average workplace.
>>
>>32108680

In the context of this thread, "acting out" would be screaming or yelling at people. That is typically frowned upon in professional settings.

Good luck finding another job if your previous employment record documents cases of "acting out".
>>
>>32107388
You dodged a bullet
>>
>>32107966
That hit hard man. I feel like I'm in the same situation you were
>>
>>32105259
>>32108557

Does anyone have the full story on him?

I forget if it was a screencap or if somone just posted his name and I looked him up, but I think I remember reading he got discharged for huffing glue, and was a general scumbag/mentally questionable...
>>
>>32108713
>typically frowned upon in professional settings
Worked and still work in what can be described as 'professional settings', but very few of them have ever cried at harsh words spoken..those places are reserved for women.
>>
>>32108905

There is a difference between "harsh words" and "screaming and yelling". The latter is considered abusive by any fair standard. You imply the former is frowned upon by most, it is not. Some workplaces encourage it as long as it is constructive criticism.
>>
>>32107555
Like, I understand wearing a uniform to pretend, but special forces badges deserves a beating at the very least.
>>
>>32107869

>put it in the bag or you dont get hurt

thats gold
>>
I met a guy last Remembrance who claimed to be a Major but he kept pronouncing Lieutenant (Loo-tennent). Introduced him to a few of my friends as a "Sandenhurst boy" and we polity had a good laugh at his expense.
>>
>>32108934
>any fair standard
ha that is so subjective to the time of the month for you.
>frowned upon by most
it is frowned on by most of your feminine coworkers yes
>>
>>32109137
>ha that is so subjective to the time of the month for you.

No, that would be something called professional standards and conduct that every company has to define and publish, and despite your insistence those standards aren't dictated by some matriarchal cabal engaged in an all-out witch-hunt on men (although splerglords and man-children might be at risk).

It might be easier to understand this if you were not NEET or underage.
>>
>>32109238
>despite your insistence
that vapid cobweb filled vagina does emit a stench that reveals the redditer you always wished you could be.
Fight the good fight Miss anon and never let those cocks put you in the kitchen again.
SUMPER FU!
>>
>>32109428
>can't hold down a job
>must be the evil women at HR keeping me down

yes, that must be it
>>
A childhood friend of mine served in the (US) Army, but for a few years after getting out he lied about what he actually did. When he first came back, he claimed he'd gone to Iraq and been a designated marksman with an airborne unit, and told everybody he'd seen all kinds of fucked up things, had all kinds of stories about shit that had happened there, etc.

He admitted a few years later that he'd actually deployed to Germany, with the same airborne unit but in an admin role (he was an air traffic controller type thing for helicopters), and spent his whole time there getting drunk at German bars and messing around with German women.

To his credit, he never wore anything he didn't earn, and somehow did actually make E-5. I think he was just ashamed that he hadn't actually gone to war when there was a war going on and bullshitted his friends to make himself seem cooler, and then got totally tangled in his own web of lies.
>>
>>32105006
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>32109493
>hold down a job
no wagecuck here. Just make sure you keep your mouth shut so those shekels keep coming in schlomo. It's all you've got.
>>
>>32109568

your friend is an idiot
>>
>>32108952
Yeah 100% that really makes me angry.
fuck
>>
>Find 'Nam-era USAF fatigue shirt at the local surplus store
>Wear it because it looks cool and I figure that it's so old that nobody will think I'm trying to pretend to be something I'm not
>Have multiple incidents where I have to autistically explain that it's vintage and I'm not actually in the military
>Eventually give up wearing it

I still feel bad about it. I really thought it was obvious that it was older than I am and I was just wearing it as cool milsurp, but I guess people didn't get that.
>>
>>32109603
>obvious NEET
>using wagecuck unironically

in the oft chance you actually own your own business, you should realize that allowing abusive behavior can lead to legal liabilities.
>>
>>32108525
Kek
>>
File: 1478723663210.jpg (27KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1478723663210.jpg
27KB, 228x260px
>>32108271
>>
>>32105192
Guilty, but only foreign camo patterns
>>
>>32104722
San Diego fans are the ones that suit in their pants something like this happends.
>>
>>32107388
>yes xir!

sad but true. Our military is so pozzed now
>>
>>32107228
Dear God, those soldiers are from my brigade......

Don't know any of them. But that's my patch.
>>
>>32104722
I heard that the guy on the far right died from a drug overdose.
>>
>>32105059
Also left guy.
>>
>>32107519
>At least my mom took me to NASCAR!
>>
>>32107934
ayyy
>>
>>32106241
this is a reference to a TV show but i can't remember which one.
>>
I got almost beaten by a lunatic because I wore my dad's 30 year old green jacket with corporal's insignia and his name on it. I was 19 years old, and this guy was one of 4 soldiers (the other tree just egged him on laughing), 10 years older and probably 60 pounds heavier than I was. His buddies took him away when they saw he actually wanted to harm me. "Muh stolen valor" faggots need to pick their targets right.
>>
>>32105059
He was legitimately mentally ill.
>>
>>32105675
Yeah, I'm 46. But like he said, this site's old, and I wasn't always 46...
>>
>>32107456
You got a keeper there.
>>
>>32105701
And how exactly were you hit by an air to air missile?
>>
>>32107555
>>32108952
>>32109618

Care to explain to a non-military guy?
>>
>>32104771
Underrated.
>>
>>32107456
>reprimanded on failing to meet standards
>by a corpsman and a female marine

What a time to be alive
>>
>>32105266
Sorry your country only has conscription and your military is dogshit so no one respects it.
>>
>>32107228

How is it even possible for that guy to be in the army? That's not real is it?
>>
File: 1464561941385.jpg (205KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1464561941385.jpg
205KB, 780x840px
>>32105006
HA

GOT EM
>>
>>32111852
Someone here once said he saw a couple of his friends die, got depressed, and turned to eating. Nothing was cited, so I dunno.

I don't know about active duty, but you gotta be a supreme shit Lord to get kicked out of NG. My sister in law is in and hasn't passed PT in a year. I don't get it.
>>
>>32104722

I feel sad for the ones who are trying to appropriate some kind of self-esteem that way and just try to get away from them when I encounter one.

If you're trying to make money doing it though I think you should be shot "Private Slovak Style".
>>
>>32111888
Nah. That amount of adipose tissue doesn't spring up after a couple of firefights. Not to mention the uniforms to fit.

Dude was probably in the "sweet spot" of the fat kid program: lose body fat percentage every month for 3 months straight, then gain it all back. You're supposed to only have a year to get right, but shitty units can let shit slide. Willing to bet he was in 1sgs friday night poker ring.
>>
>>32111347
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_oppresso_liber
>>
>>32109660
Manager here. NOAP.

The only legal liabilities are sexual harrassment.

The only way a "muh hostile workplace" gets any merit is unemployment arbitration where people say they are unfairly fired. It gets concerned nodding, before the committee goes to the back room and laughs about it, because no proof.

Oh, you have video. As you know having recording devices in the work place is strictly against company policy that you signed here and here. :^)
>>
>>32104722
If you guys haven't ever seen these stolen valor types in person, go to a chain restaurant on veterans day.
>>
>>32104722
They should be publicly humiliated. Bring back the tar and feathers.
>>
File: 43214.gif (53KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
43214.gif
53KB, 700x355px
>>32106232
>>
>>32104722
what if it's a halloween costume?
>>
I talked to a guy who said he dropped the nukes on Japan the other day
He was probably 85 years old so I just agreed with him and acted everything he said was not bullshit
>>
>>32112053
I found the best way to sniff out stolen valor. Working in restaurant this guy asked if he could get a discount as a disable combat vet. I asked a few questions where he clearly took enough time before to make it sound good. My next approach was talking about the VA since i have VA care. He had no idea where the VA was or anything about the VA hospital. A disabled combat vet mind you. Busted.
>>
>>32106003
Is that dude's bow tie MS-PAINTed on?

Nice off-centered soul patch, you fucktard.
>>
>>32106199
Nah - Part of the Soldier worship thing is also a function of the pussification of males in American society.

The more that we see all this shit about "safe spaces", play-doh and emotional-crutch-dogs on college campuses, and 30-year-old hambeast manchildren living in mamas' basements, there will always be disproportional respect for those who were marginally fit "enough", and had enough self respect and "grab-sackitude" to join the armed forces.

The funny thing is that it is often the former trying to pretend to be the latter in these circumstances.

You could call Stolen Valor an extreme form of "Virtue Signaling" to these 'tards. (Though pacifist, self-loathing, true America haters would never go this route.)
>>
>>32106379
One provides for the national defense, whether you choose to agree with the politically-chosen methodologies, or not.

The other are merely parasites on society, claiming to "want to work", but often performing as a suitable breeding ground population for drug dealing and use, crime proliferation, and "give me your vote, and I'll give you free shit" manipulation.

It's a big difference that is apparent when you emerge from mom's basement.
>>
>>32112111
Or just say, show me your military ID or VA card please. I carry both mine on me. And most are going to have a VA card.
>>
>>32107456
She's seen a lot of dicks.
>>
>>32112268
this
>>
>>32112268
>Caring about a girl being a virgin
>Assuming she doesn't care that you're a virgin
t. manlet
>>
>>32107972
Is that you in the dress?
>>
>>32105419
From Oceanside here, I haven't witnessed that myself.
>>
>>32112450
>Having a wife that's worn out from Tyronetime

Does she still get Tyronetime anon?
>>
File: 2016-06-27 11.22.51.png (30KB, 177x158px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-27 11.22.51.png
30KB, 177x158px
>>32112636
Not anon, but it's actually interesting from a psychological perspective to try and figure out what sort of daddy issues or some shit some anons have to say this bullshit.

Like, how badly did you get cucked to have these sort of issues?
>>
>>32112714
His mom probably does black guys.
>>
>>32106003
100% a thai ladyboy
>>
>>32112735
Sorry to break it to you, but your soldierfriend is being cucked by that Marine.
>>
I think they are saving the taxpayers money.
>>
>>32112714
It's strictly memes.

Remember, most of the users here are 14-16 year old boys. Teen boys won't say or even think anything that doesn't already have approval from the group, which is why they post entirely in memes: it's the easiest way to avoid being ostracized.
>>
>>32112636
I'm the Corpsman from >>32107456

I AM Tyrone. Tyrus, actually, but close enough.
>>
>>32104722
Gay to pretend you're a vet
Almost gayer to be one of those 'muh brothers' died in that, you better take it off bruh, people. Just report it in, let the police deal with it.

Also really dislike those videos of people going after homeless who wear something as simple as a woodland jacket and say they're a vet. Chances are it's just a homeless guy who didnt have anything else, probably on something as well. No reason to overreact and confront him like he spit on someone's grave.
>>
>>32104722
Not military.

Obviously the guys that do it are retards. But I come for the military guys acting like it's a big deal..
>>
>>32106721
Goddamn. This triggers /k/ more than saying AR's are shit.
>>
>>32109568
>spent his whole time getting drunk and fucking German bitches
Better than combat
>>
File: 1470920518982.jpg (48KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
1470920518982.jpg
48KB, 365x444px
I had some us boot (like 18 year old) storm up to me to demand to know why I was wearing a "cover" indoors when I was travelling in uniform (CAF). I have no idea how he figured I would be subject to a foreign dress code since our dress manual says we are to wear headdress indoors under most circumstances but he just wasn't getting it
>>
>>32114802
When in Rome nigga.
>>
I dont even care
If I was to meet one in person I would just keep going about my business
>>
>>32111347
As >>32112009 added

You don't pretend to be special forces. I understand wearing some stupid shit bars and even an infantryman badge at top scum levels, but pretending you survived SFAS and ROBIN SAGE is absolutely offensive. Special forces guys are career soldiers, and pretending to be one of them outside of Hollywood is like saying you're a doctor but didn't graduate college.
>>
>>32114815

That's... Not how it works
>>
>>32114838
>It's way worse if it's SF

Could you suck more dick with that hero worship anon?
>>
>>32114858
>never served here, better try to troll
You're pathetic.
>>
>be me
>be infantry Marine
>get deployed twice to Iraq, once to Afghanistan
>come home, get married
>new brother-in-law is also Marine
>meet brother-in-law
>brother-in-law wants to talk about being Marine
>talks about his own time in Iraq, battle of Fallujah
>wife looks at him and asks "When the heck were you in Iraq? Mom never mentioned this."
>brother-in-law was an MP on Okinawa
>brother-in-law doesn't speak to us for nearly a year.
>>
>>32114858
If respecting military service at the highest risk of death is hero worship, I don't want to know anyone like you.
>>
>>32114860
Wrong. Im a veteran. I just think your SF worship is pathetic. It's cringe no matter what.
>>
>>32114882
>im a veteran
>stuttering sentences
I'm inclined to believe you, faggot.

Show your DD214 and I'll believe you.
>>
>>32114880
Haha. OK kid. Keep your fantasies going, you'll never be one.
>>32114892
I've never posted it before. I'm not going to start now.
>>
>>32114912
>I can't provide proof
>Death is a fantasy
wew laid this is some shit tier bait
>>
>>32114916
I didn't even say what I did in the military. So, yeah, it's so hard to believe.
>>
File: smugfrog.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smugfrog.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>32104771
>>
File: ach_ja, wiederholungsblatt.jpg (82KB, 331x475px) Image search: [Google]
ach_ja, wiederholungsblatt.jpg
82KB, 331x475px
>>32114858
>>32114882
>>32114912
>hero worship
>im a veteran
>NO U R CRINGE
>>
>>32114939
K.
>>
>>32114927
Because you didn't do anything in the military because you weren't in the military.

Just stop, you're literally soaking up all the retard from the board.
>>
>>32114951
K.
>>
>>32114948
>>32114960
>I have retreated into my shell, where I cannot be hurt :^)
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559564654.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559564654.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>32106721
asthma
>>
>>32105340
hahahah late 80's members only jacket
made me kek
>>
>>32114969
one must learn to live with ptsd
>>
File: Navy feels.png (726KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Navy feels.png
726KB, 800x640px
>>32114985
I know that feel
>>
>>32104746
Yes. Played airsoft once w a group of randos, one of which assumed a leadership role of his crew of buddies. This was just a fun pickup game but he was barking orders to his crew in a cringey approximation of R Lee Ermey, all the while claiming to be military and wearing Army bdus w Sergeant insigniae. Some weeks later I heard he was a stolen valor case. It was pathetic, really. I felt sorry for the jackass more than anything.
But yeah, can confirm douchebags like that actually exist.
>>
>>32116190
>BDU's

How old was he? If under ~30-35 dead giveaway right away.
>>
>>32104771
>>32105006
>>be inna line inna lgs can't stop the keks red faced and dgaf
Ahhh lads, ya done good, ya done good. Black Friday wasn't too black.
>>
File: _92655119_medals1_istock[1].jpg (42KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_92655119_medals1_istock[1].jpg
42KB, 660x371px
"The 'Walter Mittys': Why do some people pose as heroes?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38085998
>>
File: Wilhelmvoigt.jpg (23KB, 281x369px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelmvoigt.jpg
23KB, 281x369px
>>32104722

It can cause fucking chaos mate, some hobo literally took over east Berlin briefly with nothing but a uniform and a mustache

>On 16 October 1906 Voigt was ready for his next caper. He had purchased parts of used captain's uniforms from different shops and tested their effect on soldiers. He had resigned from the shoe factory ten days previously. He took the uniform out of baggage storage, put it on and went to the local army barracks, stopped four grenadiers and a sergeant on their way back to barracks and told them to come with him. Indoctrinated to obey officers without question, they followed. He dismissed the commanding sergeant to report to his superiors and later commandeered six more soldiers from a shooting range. Then he took a train to Köpenick, east of Berlin, occupied the local city hall with his soldiers and told them to cover all exits. He told the local police to "care for law and order" and to "prevent calls to Berlin for one hour" at the local post office.

>He had the treasurer von Wiltberg and mayor Georg Langerhans arrested, supposedly for suspicions of crooked bookkeeping, and confiscated 4002 marks and 37 pfennigs - with a receipt, of course (he signed it with his former jail director's name). Then he commandeered two carriages and told the grenadiers to take the arrested men to the Neue Wache in Berlin for interrogation. He told the remaining guards to stand in their places for half an hour and then left for the train station. He later changed into civilian clothes and disappeared.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Voigt
>>
>>32108992
how are you supposed to pronounce it?
>>
>>32117713
>heroes
>>
>>32104722

i'd say they were mostly harmless, but then there are cases like this

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/archives/2013/03/27/green-beret-faker-wore-black-beret/78534820/

https://www.adn.com/features/article/curious-cases-william-james-clark/2011/08/26/
>>
>>32107324
>tfw no cute nerdy girl to talk about the merits of slavshit aircraft
>>
>>32118647
This man was able to invade and take over an entire town because of a uniform and a mustache. He is the fucking player character in RPG's, except in the real world.
>>
Not my story but two friends in highschool just dreamed of joining navy.
>one is huge mongoloid mother fucker has to lose about 80-90 pounds just to try and register.
>actually does it, ends up looking like a toothpick with a huge head
>goes to boot sticks it out and manages to get placed in the regiment he wanted.
>His life dream of being a Seabee is about to come true.
>gets to be a Seabee for like 3 months before thy shut them down, I heard they dropped them to get the navy google glasses or some shit.

Fucking Gamestop
>>
File: IMG_20161125_160447.jpg (500KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161125_160447.jpg
500KB, 1536x2048px
>>32114969

Even tho it's 12+ hours. I'm on vacation and I don't travel with my dd214. Here's my wallet proof.
>>
>>32104746

I've met this guy
https://thewaltercumpershunterclub.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/mike-tierney/

There are several ex and serving squaddies who'd like to kick ten barrels of fuck out of the cunt.
>>
>>32104722
Army veteran here
>See this all the time in Denver, especially on colfax near music venues which I frequent
>did my time years ago, but worked for the military as a civilian employee for a long fucking time
>homeless guys with signs that say they are veterans
>can usually tell if they are bullshitting or not just by looking at them (WW2-era ribbons, wearing a USMC hat with an 82nd pin on it, etc.)
>they see my veteran plates when I park and give me a half-assed cub scout salute (two fingers)
>shit like that
> I walk past them, mostly feeling sorry, not really giving a shit either way because I have better things to do
> cringey motherfuckers from Colorado Springs (there are, like, 7 military installations there or something) that come up to Denver to party on weekends go full nigger on these homeless guys
muh dead brothers
muh blood sweat and tears
muh take off muh uniform
>I tell them to leave him alone
b-but muh stolen valor
>ok, call him an asshole and then leave him alone, dont you have anything better to do?
>can tell these fucks are 22 years at the oldest
>highest ranking one most likely a SPC
>I guess they dont really have anything better to do

The worst is when these fags from the springs come up to Denver, they do the whole "muh stolen valor" shit, and then it turns out the guy they were harassing was actually in the military and is ready to fight them because he has nothing to lose, unlike these kids. So then the kids not only act cringey, but get arrested as well....

NCOs do your fucking jobs and teach your soldiers not to be such fucking assholes
>>
>>32123392
>b-but muh stolen valor
i never understood this entire thing
i would sooner thank a porn actress for her service then a soldier.
>>
>>32106721
I never tried to enlist, I just like guns.
>>
>>32122998
>marine
>lance corporal
>>
>>32105218
well.... i had a Career SF First sergeant who enforced hands in pockets and hats tilted to the sky. he hated D&C and loved when guys questioned authority. i was a shit show when i showed up to my next unit, but damn,we practiced room clearing so damn much i was teaching NCOs at my next unit how to clear buildings.
>>
>>32104746
>be riding with my father innacity
>catch a red light at a common hobo corner
>homeless dude holding up sign saying usual "gib mone plz"
>old man is wearing a shortsleeve shirt that shows his USMC tattoo on his arm
>homeless guy notices the USMC tattoo and waddles up to the window
>"HEY YO YOU WERE IN THE MARINES CROPS. I WAS TOO MAN, I SAW SO MUCH SHIT BUT NOW I AM HOMELESS BECAUSE ummm THE DOCTORS SAID I COULDN'T WORK NO MORE"
>old man is eating it up
>I ask what unit he was with and where he was deployed
>"MAN I WAS IN AFGHANISTAN, I WAS WITH THE 26TH THAT RETOOK FALLUJAH"
>tell dad this man isn't a marine, that he is lying for money
>"You don't know that for sure son! HE SOUNDS LIKE A MARINE."
>"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT MAN, HOOAH! DIRTY DOGS GOTTA STICK TOGETHER!"
>old man gives him a 20
>"OH THANKS DIRTY DOG, HOOAH!"
>he waddles off to the next car
>"Man it's sad what this country does to us veterans"

Fucking hate hobos who pull that shit.
>>
>>32104722
I think it's hilarious. As a veteran, I really don't care. I enjoy watching the douchenozzles on both sides of the camera -- the idiots pretending to be veterans and the idiots exposing them as imposters. It's really funny.

If you are a "homeless" panhandler, and you come up to me, and ask for money while you claim to be a veteran, I'll ask what your MOS was; there are two outcomes:

>if you immediately declare yourself to have been "eleven bravo" or any other real/believable MOS, I will give you a bunch of change or a whole dollar bill

>if you ask what an MOS is, or you hem & haw, or you ignore my question, or you say anything other than an actual MOS, I will kick your knees out from under you very hard and proceed to beat you to death with an entrenching tool (if there are no other non-veteran witnesses present).
>>
Many years ago, before the internet, I had an American apply for a job with the company I was working with. I contacted his references and all was well. I even had a reputable, respected manager at a fairly well known private security firm (of the time) back him up once I made some extra inquiries. A Central American government department gave him a glowing reference, as did various other private contractors.

Flew him over for an interview. Calm guy, very relaxed. Knew everything he needed to know, reeled off every CO he had (we recognised some names), impressed and got on very well with us socially. No warry stories, despite service in Vietnam and experience across numerous Cold War hell-holes. Fit, keen runner and good company. We were on to a winner.

My opposite number in a different department joined us all one night. He'd come out with us for a drink (the American was not present) and asked about our new hire. We named him and where he had come from and, purely by chance, he knew the CO at the US Army unit he had retired with thanks to an exchange in the 60s. He called him a few days later to tell him that we had hired a retired Sergeant of his.

"Well, that's a neat trick because he died in 1971."

He hadn't really broken any laws (at the time), and we weren't exactly the most official outfit in the world, so we dropped him at the airport and took back his pay.

Reflecting on it later, if you can convince that many people you're the real deal you probably deserve at least a bit of financial reward.
>>
File: 1357179735235.jpg (618KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
1357179735235.jpg
618KB, 800x548px
>be me
>going to classes at a local college
>wearing muh woodland bdu trousers
>waiting for someone to yell stolen valor
>nobody gives a fuck
>I live in Europe and I'm fat as fuck
>>
>Be canuck on roadtrip to Florida with my dad
>In some flea market
>Dad picks up a US marines baseball cap as a little souvenir
>On his way back to the car he rolls his ankle
>Not sprained but he ended up walking with a limp for the next couple days
>Later on we turn off the highway for Mcdonalds
>Dad limps into the place with his hat on
>Stranger opens the door for us
>Everyone is giving us respectful nods
>Cashier is super respectful to us
>Somebody says thank you to us on our way out
>Get back in car all confused
>Realize everyone thought we were two marines and my dad was wounded
And that is the the time I stolen valour'd by complete accident.
>>
>>32124412
>I would beat a homeless man to death for lying

lol you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>32104722
Bought a nice used Navy jacket that has SURPLUS stamped in yellow on the back. The jacket is nice and cozy too. A guy in the supermarket slapped my back on day and said "Thanks for your service" I told him I wasn't in the military and I thought the jacket was cool. He just laughed.
>>
>>32127032
Sorry not Surplus but SUPPLY
>>
>>32124029
Got e4. Never got a new badge because it didn't matter.
>>
>>32105192
Does OD count?
>>
>>32104722
Since the day I left I haven't put a uniform on once and I've gone out of my way to avoid bringing up my service with strangers. I did a job, nothing more nothing less. Looking back at the job I did I'm satisfied with how I did and feel personal pride, but I just don't want to talk about it. The guys that come back and wear army shirts and have the bumper stickers and can't figure out how to get a decent fucking haircut now that theyre allowed to make me cringe just as hard as these guys do. "Stolen valor" (you can't steal what's not physical, vets shouldn't need constant thanks for doing their job they wouldn't have done for free) guys are just a symptom of a disease inside the .mil community. We constantly ask for thanks and expect adoration for something we signed up for and profited (some more than others, I'm looking at you ptsd pog fraudsters) from. And civvies play directly into this bullshit and don't even take into account the fact that some people don't even leave the country in their 'service' (read: job.) I hate the whole every thing and it makes me mad basically.
>>
>>32105006
Stories that never happened for $500
>>
File: NAYBEE SEALANT.png (2MB, 1274x942px) Image search: [Google]
NAYBEE SEALANT.png
2MB, 1274x942px
God Bless to our great warriors in the Navy Ceiling for killing that commie Fidel Castro

SAMPLER PI! OOHAH!
>>
>>32105192

you leave my flecktarn parka out of this!
>>
>>32105411
Lol 88M, fucking POG. I don't even care anymore what does it matter if you're a pig or not. If anything I resent you because your job in garrison/over seas is a lot easier than then any 11b
>>
>>32105411
Lol 88M, fucking POG. I don't even care anymore what does it matter if you're a pig or not. If anything I resent you because your job in garrison/over seas is a lot easier than then any 11b
>>
>>32128421
not very good bait
>>
>>32126950
You fucking leaf piece of shit! Tell your dad to take off that cap! My brothers died for that EGA your dad so casually wears! Piece of shit! And other things stolen valor fags say!
>>
File: 54322432542.jpg (210KB, 672x729px) Image search: [Google]
54322432542.jpg
210KB, 672x729px
Post walts
>>
>>32114880
There's always some disconnect here with murricans.
>federal government
money and gun grabbing tyrants and so on...
>military which enforces the will of above government
heros

So what is it?
>>
>be me
>buy something that needs ID
>only have civilian dod ID on me
>never served
>clerk gives me mil discount
>don't see it till after i get home
Is this Stolen Valor /K/?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.