[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I live in commiefornia and I am looking to buy my first AR

I was looking at a Smith&Wesson M&P15, is this a good option? Or should I use the sticky to build one instead?

Apparently there is a new law being passed here or some shit on Dec. 21st of this year. So I am trying to beat it.
>>
>>32103174
Literally no point, at best you get one with a bullet button.

Get something that's unrestricted, like a Mini14 or SKS
>>
Either spend a week on Calguns beforehand and make a semi intelligent decision, or just buy whatever is available because you can't be fucked to care enough anyways. Either way, yeah, buy asap as some lgs may not offer sales after 11/30 due to CA DOJ potentially delaying approval until after their max
30 day wait.
>>
File: Presto1.jpg (24KB, 456x610px) Image search: [Google]
Presto1.jpg
24KB, 456x610px
Just buy a lower before the 21st and you can build it whenever you want or get an 80 percent and build it before 2018 to avoid registration
Deprived ca here too
Got my first ar this year a ruger 556 it runs great my buddies got the sport 2 and its also a great gun
>>
File: radical556rnd (1 of 15).jpg (207KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
radical556rnd (1 of 15).jpg
207KB, 1000x540px
>>32103174
>I was looking at a Smith&Wesson M&P15, is this a good option?

No, this is cheaper and much better:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/radical-firearm-16-5-56-m4-1-7-complete-rifle-with-12-fgs-round-rail-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>32103174
Hope you're not planning on getting the .22 model you posted
>>
>>32103309
Yeah, thinking of just buying a lower next month.
>>
>>32103394
Stock image, picked what I found on google
>>
>>32103320
No its not.
>>
>>32103174
Want to beat shit laws, Move the fuck out of Cali. Best decision of my entire life.
>>
What about people who live in free states?
>>
>>32103309
Will I still be able to buy build parts after the law is passed? Buying a lower sounds great and building later
>>
>>32103252
New laws have it so you have to register it as a salt wepun even with a bullet button, might as well get a thordson stock/ares scr and make it featureless, or you can take the gadsen approach and hang a dont tread on me flag outside your house and not comply
>>
>>32103855
Yeah every other look part will still be avaliable, i talked to a couple guys at a lgs and its not sure if lowers will be sold after dec being that the bullet button is no longer legal and any other work around usually involves the upper and lower
>>
>>32103598
>next month
You better act fast on those lowers, nearly every LGS around me was empty on lowers and didn't know when the next shipment would be.
>>
>>32104795
What's a good brand of complete lower? Should I even be buying complete lowers? Those are the only ones being sold in my city.
>>
>>32103711
Moving isn't as simple as it sounds. Economically speaking, most people can't move even via cities without causing hardship.
>>
>>32105268
Anderson.
>>
File: bci.png (168KB, 1003x406px) Image search: [Google]
bci.png
168KB, 1003x406px
Does anyone know if BCI Defense is a good brand or not?

http://defenderoutdoors.com/bci-defense-llc-501-001mcb-sqs15-professional-223rem-556nato
>>
Go to bed Kevin.
>>
>>32106875
Don't Andersons have that weird proprietary screw you need for the grip?
>>
>>32103174
anon that's a rimfire.
>>
>>32110685
nupe
>>
>>32103174
http://www.livefreearmory.com/product-category/556-products/556300-firearms/

This is pretty ok considering 600 dollars for a complete rifle.
>>
>>32103301
I don't even, what?

I'm going to be blown away if CA DOJ decides to delay all DROSes after 12/1 to deliberately force them past 12/31 because fuck you.

Do you have proof that this is going to happen?
>>
Californians got it rough hard
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.