[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IED or Concussion Grenade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: rndr_670x377.jpg (27KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
rndr_670x377.jpg
27KB, 670x377px
I don't really know a lot about the use of concussion grenades the conflicting news stories about the DAPL protester's mutilated arm seem kind of sketchy.

Can we compare and contrast the effects of what the explosive culprit could be? I would assume a propane tank bomb would cause more burns, but again, I'm not sure.
>>
Here's an image from the Sheriff's page of the "explosive". Doesn't look punctured or anything, just charred on the outside. I can post the photos of the injured arm too if you want.
>>
>>32103866
Looks like a camp stove fuel bottle that someone tried to light. Would make sense that someone in the camp would have one.
>>
File: photo2.png (117KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
photo2.png
117KB, 202x360px
>>32103875
True. All sorts of camping supplies would be there. Plus I don't see any burn marks or anything indicating that it was a propane bottle.
>>
File: photo4.png (141KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
photo4.png
141KB, 202x360px
>>32103999
>>
File: photo3.png (126KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
photo3.png
126KB, 202x360px
>>32104008
>>
>>32103866

I've shot and blown up loads of those. If you shoot one with a rifle they tend to go flying towards the shooter as the gas vents out the exit hole. If you shoot one with a tracer or in the presence of a flare or campfire they tend to make a sizable fireball and may or may not rocket. If you blow one up with tannerite they make a big fireball. Unless you're using a lot of tannerite they tend to simply fail at the central seam rather than fragment.

Can't really see somebody getting flayed by one of these alone. They're just not that potent by themselves.
>>
it's a fucking concussion grenade you stupid idiot.
>>
>>32104066
Could've been an empty one someone re-purposed into an adhoc bomb.
>>
>>32104099
How would that be done hypothetically? (ATF pls) A poorly done refill?
>>
>>32104086
[citation needed]
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.