[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thankgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 20

File: 1477606469397.png (652KB, 620x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1477606469397.png
652KB, 620x1108px
Than/k/sgiving Thread?
Share family horror stories. What are you guys most thankful for this Thanksgiving? /k/ related or not is fine.
I am thankful that I can still buy .556 at a reasonable price right now.
Not looking forward to my entire Liberal family bringing up politics, however.
>>
>>32102429
Liberal family has all shown up and they're all sperging about President-elect Trump and the unfair electoral college, muh popular vote, the potential Obamacare money he will waste by not living in the White House (because it's in a "black neighborhood"), family conflicts of interest, his autistic son, hoping for a recount, or electoral college defiance, white privilege, and wishing someone would impeach him or assassinate him with the guns they want to ban. I am stocking up big time on liberal tears.

I am thankful that the lowers, ammo, and reloading supplies I bought can stay safely stored for a rainy day. I am thankful for the impending price drops. I am thankful PA no longer bans semi-auto hunting (the bill was signed by a blue governor as he probably wept over the papers) I am thankful for the potential of a Scalia 2.0. and a ticking clock hanging from Bader Ginsberg's neck.
>>
File: 20161113_123013.jpg (187KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_123013.jpg
187KB, 1600x960px
I'm thankful for a wife who loves guns and a young son who already has an interest.

Plus freedom and liberties and shit.
>>
File: Tarkin_DS.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin_DS.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>32102429
>Tfw divorced

No Turkey for me this year.
>>
>>32102969
>family conflicts of interest
Except that giving them control of his company and access to top-secret information IS a conflict of interest. A fucking huge one.
>>
>>32102429
My dog fucked the turkey once
>>
File: 20161124_124108.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_124108.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I'm thankful that my family hasn't found all the guns they don't know it have. Life is good
>>
Traveling out of town today since some family had to work today, so we moved the dinner to Saturday. Hopefully there's at least 1 fun store open so I can fondle.
>>
File: k Thanksgiving.jpg (188KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
k Thanksgiving.jpg
188KB, 640x640px
>>32103417
Hey, Happy Thanksgiving, man.
>>
Working 24hr shift
>>
>>32102429
We're having our grandmother over, the one who sicced a lawyer on our family telling us to either buy the house we rent from her or move out.

yay
>>
I'm thankful for funs and delicious boipucci

>the only 2 things that matter
>>
>>32104422
Thanks buddy.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (59KB, 560x412px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
59KB, 560x412px
>>32102429
>>32102969
Who in the mortal flying fuck talks about POLITICS over a HOLIDAY DINNER? Not even when my family and friends were bummed about Obama's reelection did we want to talk about it; it was the furthest thing from our minds. On the contrary -- we wanted to put it in the background and tuck into some good food and pleasant conversation. Liberalism must really BE a mental disorder. They're not normal.

Me? I'm thankful we avoided Hillary, with all her reign would have entailed. I'm thankful for some rain at last, and for the Lithuanian yellow zucchini that keeps stubbornly cranking out more squash even in freezing wet weather. I'm grateful for my good health and that of my parents. I'm grateful for two and a half cord of dry wood. And, of course, for the turkey-lurkey with all the trimmings tonight and our family's traditional chile verde turkey enchiladas tomorrow. With no political discourse to fag things up.
>>
>>32104739
Had a company trainer with the last name pucci. Cute face ok butt.. Unusually broad shoulders killed it for me.

Anyways, happy tg K
>>
>>32102429
Politics and more politics, thankfully we were all Trump leaning at the least. More bullshit questions and scrutinizing me. I'm in college going for a degree for OCS. So of course every chance they get
>blah blah military isn't a place you'll like
>you'll get killed
>it's not a smart career choice
Whatever, I left with my cousin after the meal and shot snakes with her .22 behind her house.
>>
>>32106243
>Who in the mortal flying fuck talks about POLITICS over a HOLIDAY DINNER?
Yep, the butthurt liberals.

I ended up playing Mario Kart 8 with the kids because it was far more entertaining.
>>
>>32106633
Your family is fucking crazy. I hope the kids rebel and turn out okay.
>>
>>32103227
Just don't let him become a know it all faggot about mil stuff/guns.
>>
File: 1479327776878.gif (3MB, 272x198px) Image search: [Google]
1479327776878.gif
3MB, 272x198px
>telling my family about my recent purchase of a $700 .44 S&W
>Dad is telling me how I'm wasting my money
>Mom still doesn't like the idea of my owning firearms
>Take it to my Grandfather so he can store it in his gun safe because I don't have a safe place to store it at my apartment
>He spends half an hour checking it out and we put the first few rounds through it

Too bad I don't get to see him more often
>>
File: 1479761411928.jpg (85KB, 434x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479761411928.jpg
85KB, 434x500px
>>32103417
A...anon?
Im divorced too. Ill share my turkey with you man.
>>
>>32106633
>>32106800

Most of the kids are from welfare families, on WIC and CHIP. The parents think Obama was a god, and love sucking his BBC. Hillary was the second coming of Christ(ine). My good job and income (which I am thankful) that pays for many their groceries isn't a result of my own study, good choices, work-hard ethic, and abstinence from sidewalk pharmaceuticals, but was instead due to the fact that I'm a Christian-raised white dude blessed by the Patriarchy. Wealth just falls from the heavens for me.

I can't raise their kids, but I can hope to teach by example. One day the kids will realize that their parents are idiots. Whether they become idiots themselves is a matter of motivation.
>>
File: 1464040545266.jpg (71KB, 565x541px) Image search: [Google]
1464040545266.jpg
71KB, 565x541px
>>32106957
I'd take you up on that.
>>
File: mmu_get_jpeg.php.jpg (817KB, 2840x1910px) Image search: [Google]
mmu_get_jpeg.php.jpg
817KB, 2840x1910px
>Wake up to miss my mother and everybody going to my aunts place
>call people say happy thanksgiving
>Sit down and start to play stuff on pc

Not sure if I'm going to get takeout or what tonight.
>>
>rest of family is hyperlib
>to the point where theyre straight up going full retard
>have my degree in criminal justice
>they keep trying to lecture on how to prevent criminality
>get upset that i constantly correct them and tell them why what they say is bullshit and how studies have shown the opposite
>this always results in them getting pissy as fuck
>they try to say that im saying it because im younger (lmao)
>gloves off? inform them that despite me being younger i still managed to achieve a college degree while they havent and have had more time to do so
>this leaves everybody pissed off at each other

repeat 2-3 times a year
>>
File: 1469552728031.jpg (115KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1469552728031.jpg
115KB, 960x719px
>>32103417
>>32106957

>tfw divorced earlier this year

Damn, I thought I'd be the only one.

>>32107261

Hey man, why not invite some peeps over to hangout? That's what I might do once I get something to eat.
>>
>>32103417
> friends dad just divorced recently
> he is a bus driver and accepts a job over the week

> mom just divorced the second time
> had only one thanksgiving with her new boyfriends parents

Divorce is a bitch. I wish there was more to getting a divorce so it would be worthless and so couples can work out their marriage problems. No one was cheating on their spouse, my mom just wanted to be happy as her ex was just a grumpy cat all the time, while my friend's dad was just dumped and the ex didn't want to work it out.

I hope you don't have children so they don't have to go through what I had to for most of my life with divorced parents.
>>
>liberal family brings up politics
>get trounced on
>start complaining about people talking about politics when theyre losing arguments

DONT FUCKING BRING IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN YOU DIPSHITS
>>
>>32107335
Nope. Guess we exist in larger numbers.
>>32107363
I do unfortunately. Well not unfortunate because I love my kid.

The shitty thing is I moved to "her State" away from my family and near hers. That's why no Turkey, used to do it at her family. I guess I could of cooked my own, but seemed like way too much hassle for just myself. Now I'm stuck in a state I know absolutely no one, but I must stay because I'm not a deadbeat Dad.
>>
File: pkvGjfp-1.jpg (1022KB, 4723x2657px) Image search: [Google]
pkvGjfp-1.jpg
1022KB, 4723x2657px
>>32102429
>What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving

Not even trolling, that Trump won.
Both from the point that it keeps muh guns around, and my job. I travel for work a lot outside the US and I just feel like a Hillary Presidency would have hurt that.

>Family horror stories

This is my first Thanksgiving home in five years and my family all knew this.
They all went out of state to California, I can't leave because I had to work last night.
Fuck my life right?

Depressing.

I have my long term lady friend later though so that's nice.

>Pic related, where I go for work
>>
File: 1469335925576.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469335925576.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>32107363

>most of my life with divorced parents

I know this feel.

Gotta stay breeki when things get cheeki my man.
>>
>>32107403
I get what you mean, not unfortunate but still bad. That kid will have to go back and forth to see both.

I know you must be mature enough to not take advice from random autistic man children from a Chinese cartoon board, but I just want to tell you one thing: do NOT, under any circumstance, talk any shit about the kids other parent in front of them.

It pains me when my dad called my mom a cunt and other words in front of me, and my mom doing the same. I'll never forget those words, and wish I would of spoken up and said something, but I was just too afraid. If you have something to say, it better be goddamn nice.
>>
>>32107403

Well, at least now I've more time and money to put into instruments & funs.

Don't mean to pry but, does she let you see him on a regular basis?
>>
>>32107447

This. A thousand times this.

Be the better parent anon. Always.
>>
>>32107447
Yeah we've talked about that. I don't do it, and she says she doesn't.. but I dunno.
>>32107450
Thats OK, we anonymous. It's a she, and my daughter is only 3.

I see her about every weekend. Which makes it kinda awkward. I really want to see her, but it makes having a social life a pain. Most people do things on weekends.
>>
>>32107335
I dont have any close by dont worry about it I'm talking to some online friends
>>
>>32107495

Well at least 1 you get to see her consistently, and 2 you actually want to see her. You're already being a better dad than mine was. Kudos to you man.

>>32107521

Right on man, bust out the multiplayer and have a blast!
>>
>>32107584
Happy thanksgiving.
>>
>>32104671
Story?
>>
File: 1422353680748.png (121KB, 620x660px) Image search: [Google]
1422353680748.png
121KB, 620x660px
My folks strictly forbid political topics at the dinner table, but my sister was proudly talking about how smart her little crotchfruit was for learning how to send snapchats. Says he sends them to everyone on her list, even Hillary.
Me: "Well hopefully that will cheer her up"
Sister immediately spurges out about how she should have won because popular vote.
Dad: "That's enough. Put some food in your mouth or leave the table"
>>
5yo nephew saying that Trump is going to kill all the Mexicans. I wonder where he got that from.
>>
>>32107876
Ah. Classic Dad shit. Good.
>>
File: cheers.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>32102429

>wake up at 8 instead of noon
>grandma and uncle here
>people who both voted for shillary
>we eat turkey, stuffing and all the other shit
>stuffing with gravy is best thanksgiving food
>grandma then asks for a christmas list
>want stuff to cast my own 12 gauge slugs with and some nugget food
>don't even get bitched at about "muh ebil guns"
>tfw today was a pretty ok day
>>
File: 1470608194420.jpg (77KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
1470608194420.jpg
77KB, 480x621px
>had thanksgiving with my mother, brother, and a few cousins
>food was good shit, especially the mashed potatoes
>no political bullshit
>everybody enjoyed thanksgiving like a civilized family should
Feels good. Best of luck to the /k/ommandos who didn't have it as good as I did.

>>32107876
Your dad is based. He was the only one keeping your sister's mouth shut so she didn't ruin the evening.
>>
>don't get to go to family thanksgibin' because of work
>don't have good stories to tell
>drinking alone

thx for blog thread
>>
>>32106892
You got a nice grandpa, why aren't your parents like that?
>>
>>32102429
>what are you most thankful this thanksgiving

That everything went smoothly. Had some delicious non-gelatinous pumpkin pie. And a big ol' turkey. Since I was practically sitting with strangers at a dinner table (Chinese thanksgiving), it went pretty nicely.
>>
>everyone is over
>I hang out with the dogs
>everyone drinking and bitching about everything
>I hang out with the dogs and we play outside
>blah blah Trump Obama Hillary blah blah
>I hang out with the dogs and watch TV
>something something Black Thursday lets go tonight something something
>I sneak some snacks to the dogs
>food is ready but everyone bitches about it
>turkey is done but not aesthetic because the bones pull clean from the meat
>potatoes are too lumpy
>blah blah blah
>I grab a plate and go back to the dogs
>"Anon, aren't you gonna join us in dinner conversation?"
>I have plenty of conversation with the dogs
>"But they can't talk"
>exactly
>>
>>32102429
bump
>>
>>32102429
I'm thankful trump won and that my family didn't experience a death for the whole year. Fortunately no family horror stories because we all either voted for trump. The biggest drama this year was a cousin of mine tried to make off with one of my damn pumpkin pies. He just opens the fridge and goes "are we eating this?" When i said no he tried to take it.
>>
File: shitty lol.gif (675KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shitty lol.gif
675KB, 400x400px
>>32107405

No, a Trump president will hurt America's standing in the world. HRC will stand up for America and our interests, allies, and institutions. Trump would have done none of that, and one a complete delusional retard would think he will actually be inaugurated. The electoral college is there to make sure the popular vote decides the election, and it is very clear that Hillary has won the popular vote and they will do their job. Trump cannot be allowed to assume the presidency with his dangerous pro-Russian policy that fails to account for the extreme brand of violent racism that Vladimir Putin seeks to unleash on the world, in order to create his empire of darkness. HRC stands as a bastion of hope against this hateful, xenophobic, homophobic, islamophobic Russian propaganda, whose posters are unknowingly or knowingly participating in an act of war (cyber and informational warfare) against the people of the United States on behalf of our enemies in Russia.
>>
>>32109210
Are you guys still employed or are all the CTR dudes just doing it out of habit?
>>
>>32109272
Soros hasn't cut funding yet.

In related news...

>HERE'S HOW BERNIE CAN STILL WIN.
>>
>Family is asian
>Live in commiefornia
>All are worried that Trump and friends will eventually come after asians
>Suggest that they can get armed for their own safety
>"WTF why are you deplorable now?"
>Talk about how willing they are to back calexit
>Point out the US will not willingly give up control of the Pacific coastline, and how unprepared for war in general CA is.
>Drought, dependent on a river that flows through another state for water
>CA doesn't grow essential staple crops, just "luxuries"
>"Don't worry we'll be fine: California is the richest so we can import food, and people will still be paying our movie industry"

My family is full of fucking sheep.
>>
File: 1395947184057.jpg (18KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
1395947184057.jpg
18KB, 300x276px
>>32109771
>>
>>32109791
I forgot one of the best lines:
>"What do you mean money will be worthless if the economy goes to shit? Trump will just print some more!"
>>
>>32109771
>they want to fight a war of secession without weapons, supplies, or even fighting
I can't be certain if your family is stupid, but they certainly sound breath-takingly naïve and sheltered.
>>
>>32109839
Asian wannabe coastal elite is the best description. One big reason for their opposition to gun ownership isn't so much because guns are scary or because of mass shootings. It's because they associate guns with lower class whites.

I told them that a second civil war would be possible regardless of who won the election.
Them:

>Where will they get guns?
>America doesn't have sides that can form opposing armies
>Surely the military will put the rebellion down!
>>
>>32102969
No, look, I'm still mad that the guy was up in arms about electoral and wanted to abolish it but now suddenly loves it. Sure it won him the election but it's still a shit system. How the fuck would we feel if this wend down the other way around?

PRESIDENT SHILLARY CLITTON WINS ON ELECTORAL COLLEGE, LOSES POPULAR VOTE
>>
>>32107405
Stay frosty.
>>
>drove 900+miles
>Fuck hotels

Had a fantastic dinner with my cousin's husband's family. We watched her kids, drank, played pool, and talked about occupations and investments. Pretty mint, but far quieter than I'm used to.
>>
>>32108064
Being widowed does something to you i guess.

Besides, my grandfather has always held the view that if anyone is going to disapprove of my choices, its my parents. Meaning that he's pretty chill where my parents will always be my parents
>>
>>32109771
Point out that if California secedes they literally start off with the following:

>No military forces to defend/protect its borders
>about half or more of the people's republic of california's funding is gone because that's being covered by the Feds.
>About a third of the US military might already inside their boundaries
>A very US friendly insurgency made up of the gun owners who have been vilified and shit on over the past 20 years.
>>
>>32110450
Also

>an Ag industry that is collapsing because of retarded environmental policy that is actually assisting in the extinction of a species it was trying to help.

Was talking with an NRCS chick off in california a couple weeks ago, they found that when the Federal and state water project pumps were operating as max were the years the delta smelt had its highest population booms.
>>
>>32110450
>>32110465
I did that and more. They were convinced that California's rich enough due to our service industry to simply import supplies from elsewhere,that there were very few gun owners in California, and that the military people who disagreed with calexit will simply leave because they'd rather be in their red state.
>>
>>32110519
Wow.... they really are deluded.

Even if there was a peaceful secession there's still the huge hit to the economy where the Fed was propping up the california economy and most likely an insurgency or outright rebellion from Cencal and the State of Jefferson areas (last time I was in CA north of about redding some places had pulled the CA state seal and flags and were openly flying Jefferson colors on state buildings)

In this hypothetical scenario I could see armed checkpoints on the grapevine, Pachaeco and the 80 around Fairfield or so set up by dissenters and a blockade around Sacramento probably overnight.

Granted that was the general anti-coastal plan if there was ever a SHTF situation iirc.
>>
>>32110563
We're located in one of the coastal areas. I'm pretty sure that if they get their way with the secession they will be hit the hardest.
>>
>>32110581
You have my sympathy.
>>
Fuck.. family is talking about banning the guns, here we go
>>
I did this yesterday to piss off my two libby cousins out of our red family

wat does /k/ think
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.