[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunner's Mate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (149KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 1000x600px
Hey fags,

I'm looking into different jobs in the US Navy, and stumbled upon GM (looks pretty damn /k/). Any information/stories about the job?
>>
>>32102273
>Gunner's Mate
There's a job you'll spent three years bitching about and how you can't wait to get out. Then reality will hit that a gunner's mate has no skill in the job market and you'll be unemployed and bitch about how your time in the navy was the best time you ever had.

tl;dr be an electrician or plumber
>>
>>32102300
What if you plan on using the gi bill anyway for a degree? Then spend 4 years in the navy doing the job that's pretty much playing with guns.
>>
>>32102327
You'll get out at 22, won't start school until 23. You'll be in classing with a bunch of crying 18 year olds. You should really look at the number of people who don't use the GI bill. It's way more than half. So, although that's your plan, there's a really good chance that you'll never use the GI Bill for school.

You should also read your enlistment contract before you sign it. No position is guaranteed. If you're shooting so low for a Gunner's mate position, you probably don't have the smarts to use the GI bill for an education that would be worth anything.
>>
File: 1387134467000.jpg (300KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
1387134467000.jpg
300KB, 1024x657px
>>32102327

Today's GI bill is vastly overrated.

Get a trade and thank yourself later.
>>
>>32102417
How is free college and getting paid a housing allowance over rated? What the fuck are you talking about noserve? I'm perplexed.
>>
>>32102424
You're perplexed because you have blinders on. You're being led astray by recruiter who is really just a salesmen who will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract that you won't read and contains none of his verbal promised. Once you sign, the only thing that matters is what's in that contract. You'll get a hard lesson in the contractual nuances. You'll quickly find that the use of "may" in the contract means something far different than "will" or "shall". The contract is not written for your benefit, it's written for the benefit of the Navy.
>>
>>32102399
>You'll get out at 22, won't start school until 23. You'll be in classing with a bunch of crying 18 year olds.

Shit was great. Do you know how much 18 year old pussy flocks to older dick?
>>
>>32102445
Uhhh, the college part of the bill is pretty cut and dry. The fuck you on the job, not the benefits (unless you count the shitty VA). USAA makes up for VA bullshit imo.
>>
>>32102446
And when you're 27 and still in school, the pussying will be running away from you. You'll just be the old guy at school. Plus, at 23, you're not going to want to live in a dorm. So you'll be frozen out of many social activities.
>>
>>32102457
And you should find out how many people use the bill each year. You'll see that most of those eligible don't use the benefit. There's a reason for that.
>>
>>32102458
>And when you're 27 and still in school, the pussying will be running away from you.

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA. Wew laddy.

>Plus, at 23, you're not going to want to live in a dorm.

I did. (Well college communal apartments)

>So you'll be frozen out of many social activities.

Oh boy, did they have arts and crafts too? The only activities you need is for job related networking, and parties.

You sound like a social reject to be quite honest. In what fucking world does older men (under 45 or so) LOSE value?
>>
>>32102462
The reason is they are retarded (or went into a trade).
>>
>>32102445
I'm a veteran that has my degree. You're fucking dumb, with no idea what you're talking about.

Usually when people ask for advice, they don't want it from people who are younger and don't have experience.

So shut your cocksucker junior.
>>
File: 1478679137762.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1478679137762.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>32102458
>>32102399
>>32102417
You just sound incredibly salty that you never went to college. Nothing wrong with trades, but come on, bruh.
>>
>>32102488

You can gain a trade in the military and still go to college. Today's GI bill isn't like the Vietnam or ww2 era one.
>>
>>32102458

Pretty much all of this is false.
>>
>>32102488
Im the guy he was talking to, and trades are great. Nothing wrong with trades and those guys make serious money. If your willing to relocate to assfucker nowhere, holllyshit will you make money.

But its not what i wanted to do.
>>
>>32102487
>You're fucking dumb
>>32102474
>they are retarded
>>32102488
>incredibly salty
Well, I did go to college and I did graduate.

The best you first two have is dumb and retarded? That's the best?

The reason so few people use the GI is bill is that when you get out at 22 or 23, the military paychecks stop. The first thing that happens is you look for a job, because you don't want to scale back your life. Then, after a few months of living back with your parents or some friend, you want to be on your own, so you sign a lease and an apartment. Are you getting where this is going?

The idea of living poor for the next 4 years starts looking like something you'd rather not do. The idea of being 23 and sitting in classes with kids 5 years younger, and that's a big gap in those years, looks less and less like something you want to do.

If you're that smart, and you have the grades to back it up, you'd go to school first and take the ROTC money. Then when you graduate you're on the hook for your service time, which you'll most likely be an officer. When you active duty times ends, you'll have a degree and four years as an officer. You won't be begging for entry level jobs. You'll be a desirable candidate who is not only educated but experienced. Officers fair much better, post service, than enlisted guys.
>>
>>32102525
>Pretty much all of this is false.
Life is going to be a giant shock for you.
>>
>>32102553
Wrong. On every level. Lmao. You try to justify yourself so hard by putting down others, and your just simply wrong.
>>
>>32102576
>Wrong. On every level
Yet unable to say why. Stay /k/ bro.
>>
>>32102583
I lived off campus. Had over 20 k in savings.

Your first year after active duty you qualify for unemployment if you can't get a job.

Free college, BAH to pay for rent + beer money whatever. And shocker..... 18-19 year old girls like the 22 year old guy who's done shit with his life more than your pathetic 18 year old numale ass.

That's some of the reasons.
>>
>>32102583
Gi bill coveres a good portion of living expenses if your living on campus.

Plus, you imply that 90% of college students are not poorfags, and dont have a job, especially in the summer.
>>
>>32102458
Uh, what's wrong with older people going to college?
>>
>>32102399
I didn't use my GI bill until I was in my 30's and while yes, being older than most professors, dealing with young people is annoying, you'll be the envy of the class fir having so much money and free time and not living at your parrents place, you'll score pussy from both the students and teachers.
>>
>>32102612
Nothing. He's just being a twat.
>>
>>32102553
And you are a rude child with no proper upbringing, if you think this is how an adult conducts himself.

Your credibility is lost and so is your argument.
>>
>>32102601
Maybe you should look at the GI Bill payout details before you keep talking.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/resources/benefits_resources/rates/ch33/ch33rates080116.asp

>>32102612
Nothing at all. But, Don't think that you're going to pulling pussy left and right at 26 years old. When you're chasing 19 and 20 year old girls, and you're 26, they see you as old and creepy. Plus, you're just a broke student. It's not like you have much money to spend on them, which is what girls want when they chase older guys.

The social order of high school, which is the only one you're familiar with, doesn't exist in college. It's gone. So while being in 12 grade and chasing the 10 graders is a thing in HS, it's not in college. If you go to a decent sized university, as I did, the place is a city of 40k+ students.
>>
>>32102618
If you're 30 and going after 18 year olds, you're a borderline sex offender.
>>
>>32102639
Oh, you just meant on the pussy side of things. I thought you were like "ew older people should just fuck off and die instead of try to better themselves if they can"
>>
>>32102553
Your a lying shit because with the GI Bill, the checks don't stop. It pays for housing, food, utilities, school supplies...

Dude, you sound like a guy who dosen't save reciepts andd complains that federal taxes are killing you because you don't know how to do the paperwork to minimize your loses ir even cone up with a big fat refund.

Only idiots don't claim their GI Bill.
>>
>>32102628
Yeah, just keep calling people names. That's working out well for you.
>>
>>32102639
Lmao. He still doesn't understand younger girls like older guys.

If you're like 40 it's creepy. 26 to 20? Vs the 18 numale that's broke? Kid, JUST.
>>
>>32102639
Maybe you should.

http://blog.ed.gov/2012/11/3-things-you-may-not-know-about-financial-aid-for-veterans/

>dude chaseing girls

Confirmed for never going to collage. If your chaseing them your doing it wrong.
>>
>>32102620
This.
>>
>>32102639
>older guys dont get young pussy

Unless they are gold digging, it has ZERO to do with money, kid.
>>
>>32102639
Whatever kid.
>>
>>32102664
Women are adult children young one. They like to go out and do things.
>>
>>32102678
They like to farm betas for "things". They certainly do things with older men.
>>
>>32102458
i was ten years older in college than everyone else, no one noticed, i had no problems dating 20yo girls.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32102639
>this insecure about getting pussy
You're at college to get a fucking degree, kiddo. Besides that, if you can't get any at 26 you must have more of a disadvantage than age.
>>
>>32102458

Nigga the college folk are liberal and dumb as fuck they're not gonna care where the dick come from.

And nah, theres plenty of older people in college above 18.
>>
>>32102832
That's probably the key. If you're an idiot who wears his OIF/OEF hat and kill shirt and shit, and brag about being in the military every other sentence, they'll generally put you in the old category.

If just act like a normal fucking human being most kids will just assume you really have your life well put together.
>>
Can we talk about why GM is a shit rate?
>>
>>32102659
>He still doesn't understand younger girls like older guys.

I don't like you know much about women or higher education.

>>32102660
>collage
Yes, it's clear you've never been to "collage". Maybe you've made a "college" in art class.

>>32102832
You were at a community college, that's the norm.

>>32102851
If you're chasing 18 when you're 26, there's something wrong with you - for a lot of reasons.

>>32102865
No kidding like all the 19 year old sophomores and 20 year old juniors.
>>
>>32102553
Why the fuck would you want to be an officer You work your ass off for four years only to be stuck for several years in a job leading around a bunch of idiot 18-19 year olds who weren't good enough to get into college and hate you for no reason and being treated like a retard by the military equivalent of a 30-year old guy whose been flipping burgers since he graduated high school.
>>
>>32102964
"Higher education". College isn't hard kid. I fucked a lot of young slit. It got tiring tho because young girls are typically stupid, kinda like you.
>>
>>32102964
>talks shit about grammar in one post

>"I don't like you know much" in another

Wew
E
W
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.