[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Activ shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: active shot.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
active shot.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
What happened to these brassless shotgun shells?

I've read good things about them, that they worked just fine and were cheap

Where did they go? Does anyone have experience with them?
>>
>>32099853
Did not work in many guns, semis and pumps specifically.
Not enough demand so the company folded.
>>
>>3209986
what problem did they have in pumps?

i wonder if with todays technology something like this could be done better
>>
>>32099853

I remember these, ACTIV was the brand. I used to shoot them by the truckload. Pity, they were good value.
>>
>>32099865
thats a damn shame

i'm sure they could have gotten a govt loan for designing "eco shells" for hunters

biodegradable shotgun shells
>>
>>32099871
Not enough metal in the rim. Extractors would simply rip right through them if there was any kind of resistance.
>>
>>32099877
how much did they cost? what did you shoot em out of?

an yeah, activ was the name i mentioned it in subject of OP
>>
>>32099882
so i suppose you would need a special bigger/wider extractor with more surface
>>
>>32099890

Mate, I think they were about 75% the value of high brass shells. I used to use them for night shooting here in New Zealand, fire a case a night, and it was through a ( I remember now!) Remington Wingmaster. Never had a fail to eject. Yeah, I see you had it there in the thread title- funny, I was buying ammo a few weeks ago and remember thinking about ACTIV shells.
>>
>>32099931
how long ago was it they were around?

75% is a pretty damn good improvement on price

i really think they could bring these back better with modern plastics/manufacturing

that's interesting you never had any problems with your pump

im not surprised semi autos would have issues but i figured a pump would be ok
>>
>>32099944

ITT: Shotgunners illustrating why they are a class act- no one has called anyone a "tripfag" or "nigger".

Shit, this is going back 20 years. I remember tacking one to bits, there was a steel disc below the basewad. Maybe you would struggle with a cheaper gun which has a less than smooth chamber( Maybe) but even back in the day I dont recall failures.

I just checked- I have 4 3 inch magnum ACTIV's loaded with BB's. I will let them rip this weekend through a Benelli M2 and see what happens!
>>
>>32099944
They were mostly an 80's product.
There has been almost zero improvements related to manufacture. A material change might be able to improve them. Shotgun shell manufacture is a pretty mature field with not a lot of room for improvement.
>>
>>32100027
kek

i didn't realize it was that long ago, way before my time

that gives me hope that something like this could make a comeback

>I just checked- I have 4 3 inch magnum ACTIV's loaded with BB's. I will let them rip this weekend through a Benelli M2 and see what happens!

whoa that's fucking dank post results, hopefully i catch the thread

do the crimps just blow out? i don't know why i'm so fascinated by these it just seems so futuristic despite being 20 years old
>>
>>32100067
aren't these injection molded though? that's much different than how shotgun shells are made

i believe plastic molding has improved as well as plastic materials, i bet they have way to make a stronger rim now

i wonder if a lot of people didn't buy them solely because it seems like a gimmick, there certainly are a lot of superstitions in the shooting community
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 408x408px
>>32099853
Gotcha covered
>>
>>32100027
Tripfag nigger.

Disclaimer: not a shotgunner
>>
>>32100259
What in the holy hell
>>
>>32100027
You bring up a good point actually, i never noticed it but it seems like the heirarchy of maturity here goes:
>shotguns (minus any thread with "scattergat" in the OP)
>special/obscure weapons threads
>rifles (minus ARG and AKG)
>pistols
>ARG/AKG
>>
>>32100079

No man, the crimps are like any plastic shell. (dont know after twenty years). Looking at a shotgun reloading manual, there is still reloading charts for them.

#goodthread
>>
I have some. They don't really seem to function any different than typical hulls. Used in an old Stoeger double and a Mossberg 500. Never have tried them in an auto.
>>
>>32099878
Plastic isn't typically biodegradable, its a petroleum product. The government isn't going to subsidize shotgun shells, and it wouldn't change the fact that they didn't work in most shotguns.
>>
>>32101002
Have you never seen brass shells before? Not exactly new
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.