[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Remington R51? My father and I were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: R51.jpg (101KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
R51.jpg
101KB, 900x600px
What do you think of the Remington R51?

My father and I were looking at the gun store this afternoon and we got that one out of the case and found it to be a very comfortable gun to hold, and very lightweight for it's size and the fact that it's a metal gun, my father is thinking he'd like to buy one for conceal carry soon, and I'm considering one myself.

Is there anything I should really know about them?
>>
>>32098292
Pretty much the gun the Glock should have been.
>>
>>32098292
They are garbage. The most hilarious train wreck in decades of a launch and relaunch.
>>
>>32098292
Just get an original Remington 51.
>>
They look awesome, but they're dildoes.
>>
>>32098292
i hate to say it anon but stay the fuck away from them. they are unreliable garbage and everything about them is terrible. they are also a pain in the dick to take apart. if you want a nice smaller gun with a metal frame look at some of the smaller sig pistols or maybe even a bersa
>>
>>32098292
>R51
>The Chevrolet Corvair of handguns
I hope they worked all the kinks out. It's not like there were other choices to buy.
>>
>>32098444
>>32098306
Even the 2016 Gen 2 ones?

Then again you guys said the Ruger American wasn't a good pistol and that was full of shit.
>>
>>32098292
They've been recalled twice
>>
>>32098511
remshit isn't a meme

on paper it should be good, but feels like a dog compared to a LC9s or some of the springfield XD essential single stacks. I like metal frame guns, but the R51 is fucking heavy for CC and the pederson hesitation lock is fucking stupid.

bottom line is it's too big for what it's supposed to be. upcalibering it was a mistake, in .380 at half the size an all metal pistol with a grip safety and low bore axis could be a winner.

t. gunshop salesman
>>
>>32098511
the gen 2 ones are SORT OF a third generation and they are better than the old ones, in the same way being punched in the cock is better than being kicked in the cock. look up reviews anon there's plenty out there that arent /k/ and they all agree than anything remington makes now is basically garbage ESPECIALLY the 51. they have inherent issues with the pistol itself due to shitty QC and there are issues with the magazine design and the sights falling off and the hesitation lock and the takedown is atrocious to say the least. seriously anon, its shit. there are MUCH better metal frame handguns that are superior in every way and some are still very well priced
>>
>>32098678
What are some good, similar guns in the same price range?

I really liked the ergonomics and size of the R51.
>>
>>32098292
They look like shit and are shit.

The sights are some of the ugliest i'm seen on a gun in a long time. The styling is some retro bs that ends up looking nether retro or modern. The action is completely stupid and inferior in every way to a browning tilt lock. It is slightly interesting from a mechanical/engineering prospective but Remington needs to fire everyone who was involved with this project.

I had spent hours trying to figure out WHY this gun was ever put into production and have yet to come up with an answer, but i imagine it went something like this.

>Rem board - We need a single stack 9mm.
>Rem engineers - Ok, here's the prototype.
>Rem board - What the fuck is this thing?
>Rem engineers - Its a Pedersen action.
>Rem board - Ok, is it better than a browning tilt lock?
>Rem engineers - No but its different and we made a gun similar to this one way back in the day.
>Rem board - Did it sell well and do people remember it?
>Rem engineers -Well not really and no, but it's really neat.
>Rem board - Well is it smaller, lighter, cheaper, or better in any way than the other pistols in its class?
>Rem engineers - Well no to all of the above, but its different and history and stuff. Look it has a grip safety, and its really hard to take down and put back together again just like guns use to be. Also instead of a cheap lightweight polymer frame it has a more expensive aluminum one that gets chewed up by the action.
>Rem board - I don't know...
>Rem engineers - We can claim its easier for a woman to rack the slide to get them to buy it.
>Rem board - Fund it!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.