[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which stance does /k/ use and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 15

File: stance.jpg (67KB, 793x600px) Image search: [Google]
stance.jpg
67KB, 793x600px
Which stance does /k/ use and why?
>>
A mix of both
>>
I find that I switch between the the two. I can't really make up my mind.

I guess at the end it's more like what >>32098178 said.
>>
Weaver because I grew up shooting it.

I would imagine isosceles is better mechanically but it feels goofy as hell every time I try it.
>>
>>32098207
Same. It just feels natural to me.
>>
>>32098207
same here.
>>
weaver because it feels natural

other just looks like you are going to tip over too easily
>>
depends on how I'm training or how far I'm shooting
>>
Isosceles feels natural for me.
>>
>>32098207
>>32098238
I shoot weaver because I never heard of is isosceles when I was learning to shoot. I shattered my left elbow when I was a kid anyway. It doesn't fully extend. So weaver is really my only choice.

Apparently in after action reports of fatal police shootings, the officers adopt isosceles out of instinct just before they die. So when you panic, you can see which one is more natural
>>
>>32098277
>officers adopt isosceles out of instinct just before they die

Wut
>>
Isosceles is the only right answer. Go try a USPSA match shooting weaver. You'll be a laughing stock.
>>
>>32098160
Stance and grip doesn't matter, it's all about sight picture and trigger pull.

Line the thing up with the thing and pull the thing.

If you are shooting bullseye hyperextended elbow relock is king.
>>
>>32098320
I think it really depends on what kind of shooting you're training to do, like what >>32098253 said. I heard people favor iso for quick target acquisition, while weaver is for accurate shooting.

Hickok may not be fast, but he's a pretty good shot.
>>
i shoot isoceles- when i remember to, anyway. but my body naturally goes weaver whenever i pick up a pistol and aim.
>>
>>32098160
Weaver. It looks and feels natural.
>>
Isosceles, I grew up with nofunz parents. I didn't learn to shoot till the army. Everyone shoots isosceles
>>
>>32098160
Weaver feels more natural especially when I need to switch between targets
>>
>>32098328
That makes sense if you're only shooting once. If you're shooting multiple shots and/or at multiple targets, your stance matters.
>>
>>32098295
people tend to pop a squat in gun fights, I guess that's what it means

Isosceles is fine for the range and competition but it isn't always the best choice for movement and utilizing cover. It's more ideal for people in armor. If you're actually using your limbs or running it doesn't feel right to be square-toed.
>>
>>32098335
No, you can still shoot as accurately or even more accurately with isosceles

>>32099495
Isosceles is still better
Blading your body doesn't feel natural at all once you learn isosceles. Also how the fuck do you run in a bladed stance anyways.
You can get more hits on target faster with isosceles which is what really matters.
Blading your body might make you slightly harder to hit but consider that a hit is now much more likely to cross the midline so instead of having a hemothorax/pneumothorax you have two of them and die much more readily.

The only thing Weaver is legitimately better for is shooting high powered Magnum cartridges like .454 casull.
>>
Weaver.

I also teacup.

/fidgets awkwardly
>>
>>32099495
>>32098295
>>32098277

They adopt weaver because they're reverting to ingrained muscle memory, assuming they have actually trained with most PDs' laughable training budgets. Other than that, it's widely accepted as a good stance, easy to pick up, and works well enough.
>>
File: 1461208897941.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1461208897941.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>>32098160
the only stance that matters
>>
>>32098160
Centre axis memelock

*tips Magpul brand baseball cap*
>>
>>32099740
>You can get more hits on target faster with isosceles which is what really matters.
I think you're missing the point of Weaver. It's a target stance. The counterpressure is intended to stabilize the pistol for aiming, but not to control recoil or recover quickly for followup shots. Isosceles is almost certainly better for combat shooting, but for precision shooting the weaver stance can work very well.
>>
File: pedophile mick.png (99KB, 1165x844px) Image search: [Google]
pedophile mick.png
99KB, 1165x844px
>>32099750
the only thing you teacup are your boyfriend's balls, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>32098160
I tried isosceles once but it feels strange to me, I prefer the weaver as it feels more natural to me. I also tend to shoot one handed with a single action revolver. Anyone know whats the best stance for that?
>>
>>32099860
No
Weaver is literally 30 years out of date

If it was a superior target stance then Rob leathem and Brian enos wouldn't have crushed people in bianchi in the 80s when they started doing isosceles instead of weaver

Weaver is memes aside a total fudd stance
>>
>>32098160
Which is more likely to prevent you from falling forward with that gut.

Let's face it..... this guy needs a tactical treadmill before he buys another gun.
>>
File: best.png (266KB, 500x732px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
266KB, 500x732px
>>32098160
>>
>>32099809
this post is fucking awesome
>>
>>32099970
>>32099809
I dont get it
>>
>>32100084
I don't get it either but I'm laughing uncontrollably.
>>
>>32099915
I would respectfully disagree. It's similar to martial arts in the regard that they dominated using isoceles because they were great with it. Since then, people tried to replicate their success with adopting the same stance, even though they may shoot much better in a weaver stance.

It still has its benefits. Isometric tension, more natural stance, etc. It's mostly for target shooting and let's be honest here, the majority of gun owners on /k/ do nothing but target shoot.
>>
Weaver. Feels natural. I feel like it's more important to put your lead where you need to put it than it is anything else. If you manage to get caught out in the open where you need a "stance", you're already shot and dead unless some deus-ex Pulp Fiction shit happened. Much more important to shoot your assailant accurately and without collateral. Also, I don't live in an action movie, so I don't worry about having to shoot multiple assailants with guns.
>>
>>32099809
>>32099970
>>32100192
xD upvoted
>>
>>32098160
isosceles, because it is repeatable and consistent. you need to be able to grab your gun and shoot, not fuck around with putting one foot behind, bend the knees, cock your head, pray the rosery...
>>
File: 1479881406246.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1479881406246.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>32099961
This one and weaver were made to make yourself smaller against slow firing opponents such as bolt action rifle or revolver.

Chicken wing on a rifle is the same concept.
Isoscelece was made for better control in conjunction with body armor since a plate would be infront and back.
>>
>>32098160
Single hand because that's how we do it in the EU
>>
>>32098160

Hey, I shoot at that range, talked to the guy who was in that pic.

Also; Weaver.
>>
>>32100643
Isosceles has been around in competitins circles for a long time. Nobody was wearing plates to shoot IPSC.
>>
File: doppleglock.jpg (30KB, 528x392px) Image search: [Google]
doppleglock.jpg
30KB, 528x392px
If you don't doppleglock, you're stancing wrong.
>>
>>32100655
My b but standing square does let the pl8 soak up more rounds
>>
>>32100368
No, by your logic people would still be running Weaver in serious competition where accuracy matters (like bianchi) and that isn't the case

Once someone understands the benefits of isosceles, Weaver just seems terrible

It was better than one handed shooting but we have moved past that
>>
I use whatever is more comfortable for the given gun.
Generally, weaver works best for me to give a 60/40 pull/push
>>
I think Weaver is for actual combat while Isosceles is for competition.
>>
>>32098160
Isoceles at the range. Drop my ass a little bit and get a glute workout with a little added accuracy. Weaver when I'm doing whatever else. I wanna reduce my sight picture because I'm a bit scardy-cat and I don't wanna get shot at.
>>
>>32100757
Pretty sure Hickok competed with the Weaver.
>>
>>32098160
weaver because my left elbow is a bit messed and painful to stretch out all the way.
>>
>>32100860
Hickok is also not a fucking champ or anything. He may seem like a shooting god to you autists but in reality he would probably place around c class if he shot uspsa now.
>>
>>32100826
There are a shit ton of SOF guys and shit-hot pistoleros who would disagree.
>>
>>32100915
Never said he was you fucking cuck. All I'm stating is that Weaver works and not everyone wants to compete in that gay ass sport.

I bet you jack off to Instructor Zero videos you faggot.
>>
Modified isosceles is the best. Weaver is appearantly no longer taught by law enforcement because the 45 degree angle got a lot of cops killed.
>>
>>32100933
Haha no. Weaver "works" in the sense that shooting with the gun upside down in your hand "works". You can hit targets and all but some ways still work better thsn others.
>>
>>32099809
In case the jimi rappers come back to life as a deer so you can shoot it again?
>>
>>32100927
Honestly I've met an SF guy who shoots modified weaver. He really doesn't give a shit about what others say is the "right" way and shoots how he feels is comfortable.
>>
>>32100951
Yeah. It's totally useless and people who practice it can't hit jack shit. Except the people that can.

Face it. There's other shooting stances besides your sit on dick stance.

>But it w8ns championships!
Sure, so does Weaver, and I don't see your cuck ass out running and shooting.
>But the people on YouTube said...
Fuck off.
>>
>>32100927
Weaver is much closer to how you carry your m16 than Isoscles is.
>>
These conversations really demonstrate why /k/ is not a good source if you want actual shooting advice.

If you advocate weaver for anything other than "I don't know, I just like it" you are so out of date with modern shooting that you need to seriously conduct some research.
>>
>>32100978
Define modern shooting.
>>
>>32100957
When was he in and what was the extent of his pistol training? The level of pistol expertise in US SF has varied. There were times when weaver was popular but those days are long gone. They don't even mention it in OTC and I'm pretty sure it's not used in SFAUC.

>>32100968
Find me the last time a weaver shooter won USPSA Production Nationals or even placed top 5.
>>
>>32100978
If all modern shooting = competition, then you are right.
Soldiers generally do not present large sight pictures for their enemies, do not clear houses with their guns way out in front of them while walking in an even manner, and they certainly do not rush from stage to stage being able to set themselves up to shoot predetermined targets in a timed contest.
>>
>>32100996
Then why do so many SOF units (which have been fighting wars for literally a decade) still teach isosceles pistol shooting? Why is it actually becoming even more popular and trickling to concentional units at an increasing rate?
>>
>>32100988
He received his training after the Vietnam War, so you know, the time when they realized that pistols don't win wars

Why do I need to list the top 5? Why should I give a shit about how Joe Blow held his Glock to win at a sport 99% of the population doesn't give a shit about.

I'll stick with my wrong stance as you keep running around pretending that someday you'll make the leagues of a sport no one cares about.
>>
>>32101013
Because isoceles=lowest common denominator, like Glocks
>>
>>32101013
The same reason the US Army taught obsolete shooting stances in the past: It's the most popular shit around that instructors they have know.
>>
>>32101013
What people teach isn't necessarily the best thing to use in a fight.
>>
>>32101014
So he trained pistol in the bad old days where people thought the best way to shoot "combat pistol" was sykes and fairbairn style. And i asked you to name someone who made top 5 because you claimed weaver still wins championships, which is demonstrably false in action pistol shooting. And you should care because "Joe Blow" the USPSA champ is orders of magnitude better with a pistol than you are. Watch a vid or two of Shannon Smith (75th RR, USPSA nationals champ) and maybe you'll get it.
>>
>>32101041
I could give two shits if he's a better shot than me. All I care about is hitting the target.

>Bad says of pistol training

Apparently not if he's pretty accurate.

I've seen literal faggots on /k/ but you sir take the prize. Say hello to the Yeager training compound as you tell yourself that 9mm is the only effective round and that Glock is the only pistol worth a shit.
>>
>>32101024
But you'd think if weaver was actually better, people would switch over to it. It's not like it's a secret. Weaver has been considered and dismissed by US SOF and nothing that's happened in 10 years of war have changed that.

But the only people I can find still advocating weaver haven't actually been in the shit for decades. Meanwhile there are a shit ton of SOF guys who've done pistol work for real in the past decade and they almost universally teach isosceles.
>>
Weaver, because it's basically the same as you aiming with an AR, except your right hand is extended to where the handguard is.
>>
>>32101060
How about hitting the target in a timely manner and then hitting it over and over in a timely manner, you retard?
>>
>>32101067
Most soldiers don't use their pistols in combat. Most soldiers only use their pistols in the range.
>>
>>32101076
I do, cuck. :^) I don't need to squat down and listen to every wanna be operator on youtube to do that
>>
>>32101071
So that's why it feels natural.
>>
>>32100978
/k/ is a shitty place to get advice in general.
>>
>>32101078
True but there are plenty of SOF guys with pistol kills. Kicking doors and clearing compounds tends to necessitate more pistol work.

>>32101082
>this level of backtracking
Ok mate, tell me all about your 10 second Bill Drill and your 30 second el prez.
>>
>>32101105
But weaver vs iso threads are demonstrably the worst. At least in other shitty threads people try to do some research and get evidence for their internet slapfighting.
>>
>>32101107
>Kicking doors and clearing compounds tends to necessitate more pistol work.
And anyone who does that will have the brain not to use isosceles because doing so exposes more of your body in a CQB situation. Isosceles = RANGE.
>>
>>32101107
I'll admit I don't practice that because I could give two shits about muh drills.

Here's my priorities:
Can I accurately hit the target?
Consistently?
In a quick manner?
If yes, then that's all I care about.

Please continue to get assblasted because not everyone buys your bullshit
>Lol backtracking!

If it helps you sleep at night faggot
>>
>>32101105
That's not bad. Cleaning threads are very helpful.
>>
>>32101111
Quads don't lie, but you must be new here.
>>
>>32101114
Hahah ok I guess all the former CAG guys like Pannone, McNamara, Vickers, and the former DG guys like Defoor etc did everything all wrong. It's not like they had any idea about how to fight with a pistol, being in the two mil combat units with the best pistol shooters and a shit ton of operational experience did nothing for them.
>>
>>32101134
>Being this assblasted
>on /k/

It's okay brother. We all have our demons
>>
>>32101121
What do you call "a quick manner"? If you don't use a timer how do you even know if something is quick or not? Or do you just guess whether or not you're better than your enemy?
>>
>>32101140
>assblasted
Do you have anything of actual worth to say or do you just like to waste your own time?
>>
>>32100934
>the 45 degree angle got a lot of cops killed.
How?
>>
>>32101145
Basically, if I can hit it in a pretty good rate, one round after less than a full second paise, I'm good.

>>32101149
I could ask you the same thing, cuck. You are replying to a drunk right now on why your stance is the greatest thing to happen ever on a Chinese cartoon image board at roughly 2:30 A.M.
>>
>>32101111
Checked
>>
>>32101158
Shit, meant *paused
>>
>>32101158
>1 second splits
Ahahahah oh god
What the fuck
You realize that if you're a grown ass man with good grip strength and a good stance you should easily be able to pump out .25 splits at 7 yards? Thanks for proving you have no idea what good shooting even looks like.
>>
>>32101145
Wait, hold the fucking phone here.

>Or do you just guess whether or not you're better than your enemy?

Oh please tell me you practice martial arts at a McDojo and feel you're better prepared for hand to hand combat?
>>
>>32101153
Because isosceles presents the strongest part of your armor to your target. You're in a troll thread son.
>>
Meh, I don't feel like I need to spurt out a magazines worth of ammo in less than a second.

But sure, continue to follow your dying sport as I could give two shits about it.

>It's not dying! People are really interested!

Yeah, nah. That's why there's so many threads about it on /k/, faggot.
>>
>>32101181
??? Uh no i train BJJ specifically because i want to be able to try everything i learn in a competitive/non-cooperative setting
>>
>>32101173
>Thanks for proving you have no idea what good shooting even looks like.

This.

I have seen a lot of dumb shit on /k/, but skimming this thread took the cake.

>>32101192
>b-b-b-buh m-muh sport, b-buh I don't need to get hits in under a second, b-b-buh

What was that you were saying about combat?

I thought you said you weren't backtracking.
>>
>>32101192
>USPSA dying
>as membership rolls increase yearly
>but you know its dying because retards like me dont post about it in /k/
Yeah, nah
>>
>>32098160
weaver is more comfy but the left hand tends to skew the gun
>>
>>32101194
>I train in BJJ

We're done here. I couldn't think you could be any more of a try hard faggot then you presented yourself, but dammit you make me lose hope in the gun community.
>>
>>32101078
But isosceles rifle is a thing. Your stance doesn't change between long and short gun, only your grip does.
>>
>>32101208
Ok m8 see your dumb ass next thread
Enjoy wing chun and shooting 1 sec splits on a b27 at 5 yards
>>
>>32101153
Because body armor is worn on the front and back - there are no plates under the arms.

When holding their guns up, body at an angle, weaver stance provided a window where a lot cops were getting shot in the rib region. The stance essentially negates their armor.

Also, mobility is an issue in weaver because it's awkward to advance or retreat while your feet are semi-sideways.

Furthermore, weaver can be good when you use your closer arm to keep the bad guy away - while you draw with the arm furthest away. However, most cops weren't utilizing this and were holding their guns further out - allowing them to get grabbed or snatched
>>
>>32101114
It exposes your plates towards the threat, not poorly protected sides. On top of that, if you do get hit, weaver shitstance means that the bullet is going to pass through more of your body and do a lot more damage as opposed to making a hole through (if it even gets past plates), which is more likely to be survivable.

Face it, weaver is outdated, and isosceles is better in all respects, whether combat or competition.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>32099961
that is for defending honour
>>
>>32098160
Weaver. Isosceles feels odd and can make me look like a tryhard.
>>
Have none of you motherfuckers ever considered that human beings, while all built similarly, are not built identically and one stance might not fit all?

>Weaver for me
>because slightly cross dominant and easier to aim that way
>parallax problems in iso
>>
>>32098328
This guy (mostly) gets it.
Front sight in focus, smooth press.

All of the rest is secondary.
>>
>>32101228

I'm cross-dominant and I still shoot iso. It is incontrovertibly mechanically superior. I had to get over myself to shoot better and I recommend you do too.
>>
>>32098160
Extended weaver with feet aimed at the target. Brings the body into a facing position to the target which in turn naturally aligns your arms and pistol.
Takes a bit getting useto but it's nice... That and that's how they taught us to shoot pistols in my nations armed forces.
>>
>>32098328
this will teach you all you need to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7J-JNSUu4
>>
File: hawthorne-police-dog.jpg (48KB, 596x406px) Image search: [Google]
hawthorne-police-dog.jpg
48KB, 596x406px
I use the "run to fucking cover, run to where my rifle is located, run to where all of my friends with their rifles behind cover are located at" stance.

What type of shit bird squares up and stands up in the middle of a fucking gun fight without obtaining some cover?
>>
>>32099750
holy shit me and phil have something in common

teacup weaver stance here.

>the real question is if anyone else walks funny crossing one leg over the other like I do when I'm drawn and place my back foot over my front foot maintaining sideways profile as I walk

anyone?
>>
>>32101303
Well, yes - pulling yourself out of the gun fight or finding cover is ideal... to not die in gun fights
>>
>>32101228
Mechanical advantage, levers and human physiology are constant.

You could move your grip over slightly so that you shoot cross eye with a iso grip with some training.
>>
>>32101303
What kind of an argument is that? Are you perhaps retarded?
>>
>>32098160
Hungarian dodecagon stance
>>
File: veteran-the-1-rcm0x1920u.jpg (1MB, 3033x1920px) Image search: [Google]
veteran-the-1-rcm0x1920u.jpg
1MB, 3033x1920px
>>32101329

You BritCucks think reality is like your shitty "The Veteran" film where he runs around playing make believe wanna be tactical spraying rounds while walking in the middle of the street and then gets merced by some 8 year old Somalian nigger refuge muzzie.
>>
>>32101307
I can walk in any direction with each foot fall landing on the last
circle strafing is possible as well but hard on the Achilles tendon and calves

people are not used to seeing such movement so I may as well be voldo
>>
>>32101349
Do you even understand your own argument?

I'm giving you a fair chance to appear less retarded right now.
>>
>>32099809
Pissing stance?
>>
>>32099961

Same. Best stance. Also the point shooting 1h stance where you hold it just below your breast and bring it up to fire. Nobody shoots a pistol with 2 hands in combat rofl.
>>
>>32101303
I remember seeing that video. Cops actually tried to secure the doggo when it got out of the car. Dog didn't let itself be caught, so the coppers did what they had to. Not blaming them in the least.
>>
>>32098160
I really try to stick with isosceles because its the "right way", but I end up fucking up. Weaver is comfy for me and I hit things.
>>
File: 1462086706115.jpg (27KB, 508x566px) Image search: [Google]
1462086706115.jpg
27KB, 508x566px
>shoot iso next to weaver shooter
>nothing happens
>shoot weaver next to iso shooter
>I DON'T LIKE THING
>>
File: 1477647823307.jpg (18KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
1477647823307.jpg
18KB, 425x283px
>>32101329
>Cover is retarded
>>
>>32101318
I'm pushing 50 years old and I'm a pretty good shot. Not changing now. My kid who's about the right age to start shooting a pistol (physically anyhow, he's still not responsible enough for me to trust him with a handgun) isn't cross dominant and will probably learn iso. We've got an active 4H in our county and I'm letting him go through the classes in their order and at their recommended ages. It's fun watching him be so eager to learn, and just get to support and coach practice without having to explain everything 80 times during the first training. Little fucker wants to know everything, which I do encourage.
>taking longbow with him next month
>>
How am I gonna stance in the prone or kneeling position? What about laying on your side? How about on your back? When peaking around a corner? Peering over an obstacles? With an assailant at arms length? In a vehicle? On a motorcycle? While treading water? With one of your arm/hands injured? Eating a ham sandwich? Jerking off?

Stance is a meme propagated by speed shooters in competitions. Fuck your stance.

Sight picture and trigger pull are the only two things that really matter. Good grip helps get the sight picture back and yea if you are standing still isosceles is clearly the superior way to first acquire and then maintain said sight picture but if your trigger pull sucks you are gonna be shooting 16" groups at seven yards. Maybe worse.

I practice shooting in all the above situations. Weaver, isosceles, one handed, weak handed weaver and isosceles, weak hand one handed.

If you wanna shoot bullseye for fun do whatever makes you happy. If you wanna git gud do it all. You know what they all have in common?

[spoiler] Sight picture and trigger pull. [spoiler]
>>
>>32101349
Niggers were a mistake.
>>
>>32098160
Whatever's appropriate given the situation, or whatever the situation allows.

Under very few circumstances will you get a good stance, or even a halfway good stance, in any event you need to use your gun.

Weaver at the range, though.
>>
>>32098160
The top half of my body is isosceles, the bottom is between weaver and isosceles. Doesn't help that I'm left handed but right eye dominant.
>>
File: happyjello.gif (618KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
happyjello.gif
618KB, 400x229px
>>32098160
isosceles feels absolutely awful to me. i think its because im too tall. i have to make this retarded bow stance with my body, sticking my ass out, to stay in balance.

i think isosceles is a only good for manlets, desu
>>
>>32098160
Law enforcement agencies now teach the "tactical stance" which is whatever you feel comfortable fighting in. One leg forward, one to the back acting as a drive/brace leg.

Guns don't have that much recoil so stance isn't super important. What's important is consistency. If each time you draw to shoot you're taking a different stance youre not used to, it may throw you off. Especially true if youre trying to find your stance and make the shot at the same time. Pick any stance, tweak it to be comfy for you, and use it consistently each time you draw/shoot. Using your fighting stance is best because there's less confusion as to which stance you should take when there's a threat. A consistent stance is the one you'll remember best, just remember if you're not wearing body armor you should present as little of your body as possible toward the threat. GI stance is something you may want to train with too. I got in a situation once during a scenario where I got scared and moved backward one handed while shooting in GI stance. It would've helped my shots if I had some experience shooting that way. Don't rule that stance out, it has practical applicability.
>>
Weaver is more comfortable for me and I shoot way better with it, but in a combat situation it does seem like an awkard stance to try to get into, so I do modified isosceles, that is isosceles with my right foot back in a "fighting" stance.

spreading your legs evenly is terrible for me because I start to wobble back and forth (I don't have a great hip), so I need to be in a secure fighting stance if I want to shoot well
>>
>>32102083
>>32102104
thats the thing, imo, isocoles is inherently unstable and therefore not good for threat situations
>>
>>32102125
Just pick a stance you feel is stable. Same applies to your fighting stance. People's bodies are too different for a one size fits all stance, and seriously recoil is nothing especially with handguns. I understand if you're rocking a battle rifle you may want to be more cognizant of your stance, but it'll probably be mitigated more by your lean rather than foot placement so just lean into it and tighten yourself more.
>>
>>32100933
Did someone get triggered because they learned Hickok isn't the best shooter in the world

Instructor zero is a meme but he is still a better shooter than Hickok "budsgunshop" 45

>>32100915
Yes

>>32100934
What kind of fuddlore is this

>>32100968
Nobody fucking wins with Weaver anymore because it is technically inferior

>>32100978
Yes this is true and I'm actually fucking surprised that so many people actually think Weaver is a good stance

>>32100984
Modern shooting is today's best technique whereas Weaver was best 40 years ago

>>32100996
You are talking outdated meme stance here, isosceles is taught to mil

>>32101014
>Happy to be forever mediocre at shooting

>>32101020
What the hell does this even mean

>>32101037
Uh huh

>>32101037
>>32101060
He still doesn't get it

>>32101067
>>32101071
>>32101078
Weaver was the old standard but now it's isosceles
The stance applies to long guns as well with Weaver being analogous to a bladed stance

>>32101188
I don't think this is a troll thread after seeing vids like mugi's... I think most of /k/ actually thinks Weaver is good...

>>32101812
>Stance is a meme
>Sight picture and trigger control are all that matter

This is what people say when they don't care about shooting fast/recoil control because what you describe is achievable by single hand or fucking tea cupping, except your splits are also garbage like that

>>32102064
No it is not just for manlets you lanklet

>>32102083
Fuddlore
Most LE is poorly trained in general from what I've seen at ranges and comps

>>32102125
No, it is closer to a neutral fighting stance
>>
Weaver, because Isoscoles makes you look like a dork
>>
>>32102064
At 5'11" works fine. The key is to not bend over too much at the waist.
>>
>>32102125
Not if you bend your knees and apply some forward lean.
>>
>>32099809
>Mongoloid toes
>>
>>32100996

I'm pretty confident you don't know what we do.
>>
>Anyone on /k actually shoots their guns
>>
>>32102244
Never knew there was a Weaver faction still out there.

But there are probably also some people who believe the earth is flat.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Israeli stance is the best stance, filthy goyims. Even John Wick does it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSIn-p4kkQ&t=2s).
>>
unless you are wearing body armor you should stand side on to minimize your profile
>>
File: 1469225649781.jpg (362KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469225649781.jpg
362KB, 788x1000px
>>32098160
Neither
>>
>>32098160
>ITT autism
I use modified weaver though. Right handed, right eye dominant. Left foot supporting most of my weight knee slightly bent, right foot back and angled as to both brace and be ready to move. Slight lean foward at the hips. Right hand push against pistol, slight bend at the elbow. Left hand pull, elbow dropped down at a 90 degree angle. Torso is facing the target. Not bladed. I know it's blasphemy to the sperglords but there are more ways to shoot than isosceles and classic weaver.
>inb4 muh heresy
>>
>>32100974

No, if you're advancing and firing with an M4/M16/M9 or barrier-firing, you present your frontal mass and not your side.

I'll let you figure out why.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
I use weaver far more than anything else, its comfy to me.
>>
>>32099750
>teacup
the '80s called, they want you back

please go back

please
>>
>>32101214
>>32101219
>>32103313
>muh body armor doesn't have armor at the sides excuse
Look at what a Weaver stance looks like.

Weaver stance doesn't expose your side the way you think it does.
>>
>>32099809
Never seem an uglier feet uggh
>>
>>32098207
I tried both and I just can't shoot comfortably with isosceles. I'm a 5'7" with skinny body, I can't take recoil passively. I tried with a fullsize, all metal .45 ACP pistol and it pushed me back. With weaver, not a problem.
I'm also a southpaw, and found out that crossed thumbs grip for handguns work much better for me, and it's also a more universal grip, it can be used on pistols and revolvers.
The parallel or thumbs pointing forwards grip that most pistol gurus recommend make my right wrist hurt, but I found that it works best for me if I'm shooting right handed.
>>
>>32098328
Ever hear of recoil management
>>
>>32099809
Hideous feet.
>>
weaver because I thought it looked cool in resident evil games
>>
>>32102752
>too poor to afford ammo
;_;
when does boolet get bad /k/ im depending on 20 year old rounds that have the bullets slightly deformed from countless chambering and unchambering
>>
I use Isosceles with a chick lean and a chicken wing.
>>
>>32103586

It's not an excuse but here goes:

>that's what we're trained on
>pretty sure you were never in
>100% you were never in a line unit in a combat-oriented branch
>200% sure you've never used a gun in anger
>>
Who cares, pistols are for cucks
>>
>>32109829

Alright, bud, try and see this from my perspective. I spend my whole day directing the retards who work under me, then I get off and hit the gym. By the time I get home, I'm tired and want to relax.

I pull out my tablet, fire up 4chan, and I see your sub-par baiting and memery.

It's insulting. I come on here, expecting to find only the dankest memes and most skillful trolls and this is what you give me?

Re-assess yourself and then apply yourself.
>>
>>32107453
rub some dirt on them reload them a few hundred times and you can get the real metro experiance.
>>
>>32109940
I'm sorry Sir, but quality trolling and bait is only available with a 4chan Gold Pass plan.
>>
>>32110306

This is an outrage.
>>
How the hell do people use weaver?
When you do thumb over thumb grip like you are supposed to, it ends up forcing you to extend both of your arms out. You don't need to bring your head down to the gun, you bring your arms/gun to your head/eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
>>
>thought I shot Weaver
>actually got into stance
>turns out I shoot modified Isosceles
I'm a fucking idiot
>>
>>32099809
There is something wrong with his toes
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.