[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balisong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tf2.jpg (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tf2.jpg
44KB, 400x400px
What do I need to know about subj if I want to use it as a weapon and live in EE so the blade can't be any longer than 9 cm?
>>
File: K wat.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
K wat.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>
Also: why aren't all knives double-edged? They seem to be supposed to be sharpened only on one side. Surely, it's not nearly as effective as having both sides sharpened?
>>
>>32092828
Umm, one side is thick to give blade strength. Jesus Christ you fucking moron.
>>
>>32092828
When you flip a balisong the flat side of the blade contacts the back of your hand, so you would cut yourself if it were double sided.

Folding knives are only single edged so you don't cut yourself trying to fold it closed.
>>
>>32092828
Because if it was double edged it would be a dagger not a knife c:
>>
>>32092839
>>32092828
No.
First OP stop being so confident in your retardation (bait bait bait bait )
They're not double sided for many reasons, first like the anon said, for the spine to give blade strength, though that's the least likely reason because microtechs exist
Second, because so many laws exist against double sided, if you're selling knives for a living you want to be able to sell to as many people as you can.
But last, a one sided knife is more useable, just like a one sided ace(that's entirely legal). You can apply pressure with your thumb onto the spine and whatnot, you can be more precise. It's just better. As for an axe, with a one sided axe, you can use the other end of the head as a hammer.
>>
You need to know that the balisong is a terrible option for a weapon.
>>
ballisongs exist for tricks and a silly EDC option that might get some oohs and aahs out of people if you do tricks with them

get an actual folder or full tang knife if you want an EDC weapon or tool. like the espada XL
>>
>>32093352
So why does it suck?
>>
>>32093396
Surely, it would take too much time to unfold the folder knife and the full tang - well, how do you even carry it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.