[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7 round tube on 28'' barrel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20161116_04_06_43_Pro.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161116_04_06_43_Pro.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
My roommate bought me a 7 round magazine tube for my birthday, wrongly assuming that it would fit on my 88 Mavericks 28'' barrel. Turns out a 20'' in the only barrel where the tube mount is placed far enough back for a 7 round tube.

I would like to upgrade from the 5 round mag tube, but to me its not worth giving up the 28'' barrels full choke and sight rib. Would it be safe to just cut its tube mount out of the way, install the 7 round magazine tube, and then brace everything with 2-3 of those shotgun magazine tube clamps you see on Midway? My fear is that any cutting will reduce the structural integrity of the barrel since it is a single cast piece of metal.
>>
>>32092096
20in barrel length will have the same shot pattern as a 28in
>>
>>32092096
those shotgun mag clamps keep the magazine from rotating they wont stop a barrel from flying forwards
just have him return it its worthless to you
>>
>>32092096
The Maverick 88/Mossberg 500 cannont except magazine extensions because of the way the barrel mounts. Only the 590 can have magazine extensions.
>>
>>32092096
Barrel stress from gas pressure is greatest at the inner wall of the barrel. Cutting an attachment on the outside of the barrel won't affect how much pressure it can take during shooting, unless you start to nick into the barrel itself too much.
>>
>>32094522
they can accept extensions. the receiver thread for the mag tube is the same.
its just that you have to replace the whole front end of the gun making it not cost effective.
if you swap the 500 magtube with a 590 one the only things that fit are 590/835 barrels
>>
>>32094573
Oh, ok. So you'd need to buy a new slide assembly?
>>
>>32094580
you can use the old slide. just need to replace the barrel and everything in the mag tube to make a franken 500590.
this isnt worth doing since the barrel and magtube run 300+ and you could have just bought another 500
>>
>>32094622
So then it'd probably be better to buy a 590 if you intend to increase your magazine capacity.
>>
File: ggg-1624.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ggg-1624.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>32094630
yes though doing on a 590 is pointless in its own way since all the 590 barrels are 18 or 20. unless you like this look.
>>
>>32094671
Guess you'd better buy the one that has the magazine capacity you want the first time then.
>>
>>32094721
pretty much.
or buy a 835 if you want an stupidly longbarrel and magtube setup
>>
File: flatteredspurdo.png (115KB, 263x344px) Image search: [Google]
flatteredspurdo.png
115KB, 263x344px
Holy shit. An actual thread about actual weapons? On MY /k/?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.