[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Fails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 224364365.jpg (25KB, 465x336px) Image search: [Google]
224364365.jpg
25KB, 465x336px
Post your gun fail stories
home, range, innawoods, innastan

>be me this morning
So I went over to my mom and stepdads house
looked at his gun collection to see what i can him in terms of gun upgrades for the holidays he opens the safe he showing me his guns
clearing them i check out a glock 27, kimber 1911, sig something or other
i hand back the sig, he loads a mag, racks the slide, and then tries to decock the hammer
fired off a fucking round into his safe
my ears still ringing and i caught ricochet to my shoulder
>neat
>>
>showing friend new gun
>he wants to see how it disassembles
>Point gun down range, pull slide, drop magazine, gun is clear
>Proceed to then muzzle sweep him without even noticing it until I take it apart
I felt like an idiot all day after.
>>
>>32091941
Dont most sigs have decockers
>>
>>32092574
>gun is clear
>giving a shit about muzzle sweeps after it's been cleared

Stop being a fucking autist. It's locked back, it's not going to summon a round from the magazine ON THE TABLE and magically load it, close the slide, then shoot your friend

God, so fucking stupid.
>>
>Shooting handgun innapublicland back when I was first getting into guns
>Looking for a place to set up some bottles to shoot
>Decide to set up a few yards in front of a big rock, figuring it'll make a good backstop just in case
>Fire first round
>Hear "zing" go right over my head
>Realize that I just almost ricochet'd myself in the face

I've felt retarded about that forever.
>>
>>32092657
>he doesn't know guns magically kill people
>>
>be 12 or 13
>first year deer hunting with muh 30-30
>hear squirrel or bird
>it's a deer
>cock hammer in anticipation
>just a squirrel or bird
>lower hammer
>thumb slips off hammer and makes thunderous boom

Gun was laid across my lap, but I still felt stupid.
>>
>>32092657
"Don't worry about it ... look, the clip is not even in it." To satisfy Johnson's concerns, Kath showed the empty magazine to Johnson. Kath then replaced the magazine in the gun, put the gun to his temple and pulled the trigger. However, there was a round in the chamber, and Kath died instantly.
>>
File: 1323971352823.jpg (179KB, 589x564px) Image search: [Google]
1323971352823.jpg
179KB, 589x564px
>>32092694
>slide locked back
>round in the chamber

It's like you didnt even read the two posts you're replying to.
>>
>>32092990
What if the slide is lying to you, and it's not really cocked back?
>>
>>32092574
despite the weird push-back you're getting over this, I have totally done it and felt like an idiot after. The person I swept didn't notice either.

Call me an autist or whatever, but I never want to take the chance, no matter how sure I am of anything. And excuse me for having such ingrained gun safety beliefs that I worry over breaking them, even accidentally in a way that's totally impossible to hurt anyone.

You know, I think that's a part of it. Sure, when it was safe, it happened once. But, you know, I didn't do it on purpose. I wasn't like, "The gun is 100% safe, I can now do whatever I want." It was an actual accident caused by my negligence or just not thinking. It could have just as easily been loaded and ready to go. I like to hope and think not, that I treat loaded guns with far more vigilance, but I try to treat loaded and unloaded guns the same. And if this is how I treated my unloaded gun, there's that part of me that believes if circumstance was just slightly different, the same thing could have happened with a loaded firearm

And I think that's where that feeling comes from, for me.
>>
Eh, worst I had happen is a failure to extract in my AR. Was used to shooting AK's, which I keep clean but not "wet". AR jammed, RO gets it out and the guy next to me tells me I should keep it really wet and cleans + oils it for me. Bretty good experience.
>>
>>32092657
The 4 rules and redundant for a reason.
>>
>>32092657
>malpractice is okay
Wrong
>>
>>32093150
Yup when followed only serious injuries possible are reciever failure related
>>
>>32092657

I think it's more about keeping the mentality of always treating the gun like it's loaded. Most ND's happen just because the person gets too complacent.
>>
>>32093293
Saw exactly this happen twice. There are a few times autistic levels of safety are worth it and firearms especially when you have neighbors and cops to piss off is one of them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.