[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optics thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hi /k/, germanfag here.
Starting next year i'm getting my hunting license and a hunting rifle, most likely a 98 or a CZ in .308. Which optics are any good for shooting from a deer stand? Distance is 300m at max.
Are there significant differences between a 700€ Nikon scope and a 2000€ Zeiss?
>>
To be honest...you don't need to spend a ton of money on a scope for shooting durr out of a stand. Pretty much anything that holds a zero from the recoil, and has enough light transmission will work (modern glass is awesome too).
>>
>>32091693

you dont need to drop 2k on a zeiss for nailing deer in the woods. Shit, a 250 euro vortex diamondback will do you just fine.
>>
which brands would you generally recommend?
>>
>>32091693

your fellow krauts will look down on you if you get the nikon.

but that is what id get. plan on doing late or early hunting? nikon is good, but ziezse would be better for super early dawn breaking hunts.

get the nikon and spend the rest on ammo or a reloading set uo
>>
File: 1415285409947.gif (222KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1415285409947.gif
222KB, 200x200px
Bump for interest
>>
>>32091786
it will almost always be late hunting
>>
>>32091786
Lurker and newguns here.
I've been plinking for a few months now and wanted to get into hunting too.
I'd be hunting in the late afternoon / evening due to work hours.
What are some characteristics to look for in scopes that do well in low light conditions?
>>
>>32092317
>>32092506

nikon really is a good brand, avoid the budget models of course.

and really light transmition is hard to guage unless you have both scopes in hand in field during the light conditions youll expect hunting.

case in point ive got a vortex crossfire 2 that is fancy for my bench gun and a cheap Leopold rifleman 3x9. at dawn it looks like noon through the leopold, better coatings and better glass.

my dur riaful in 243 has the leopold and my bench gun has my vortex, works out good.

but yeah if it was me and i didnt care about the snooty opinions of others id get the nikon and spend the savings on ammo / reloading set up if you can do that.

2k worth of glass doesnt mean much if you didnt practice and you are a shit shot
>>
I don't think anyone will think less of you if you get a Zeiss Conquest over a Zeiss Victory for your first scope. Ask around with other hunters, find out what they'd recommend. I had a long and pleasant talk with my gun store manager and landed on a Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12x50 for year-round hunting in the Arctic.
>>
>>32091693
I have a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06, I want to get a scope for it but not sure if I should get a fixed or variable, and which power.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.