[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

J-20 not as capable as F-22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 16

File: chengdu-j-20.jpg (18KB, 480x297px) Image search: [Google]
chengdu-j-20.jpg
18KB, 480x297px
https://www.wired.com/2016/11/china-j-20-fighter-jet/
J-20 confirmed parade plane
China confirmed paper tiger
>>
>>32091635
You can just look at it and tell it's a POS
>>
Breaking: "Made in China" not a quality seal of approval.
>>
>>32091635

That's going to be a huge factor for when China never goes to war with it's number one trade partner.
>>
>>32091635
It's not going to be an air superiority fighter, it'll more likely be used for deploying anti-ship missiles so the comparison is somewhat pointless.
>>
File: 090526dxxxxedctaea3idd.jpg (106KB, 1200x953px) Image search: [Google]
090526dxxxxedctaea3idd.jpg
106KB, 1200x953px
>US inferior in terms of BVRAAM (PL-15 shits on AIM-120D)
>US tanker and AWACS getting sodomized by super-large AABM

Ameripride crushed.
>>
Burgers trying so hard to confort their selves, kek
>>
>>32092373
>Chinese planes ambushed before they can release weapons due to superior American situational awareness.
>>
>>32092373
>Chinese airfields ravaged by Tomahawks before they can even launch fighters.
lol
>>
>>32092373
whoa seems like you got a little too rectal ravaged in the other thread so decided to move on?
>>
>>32092448
>entire us battle fleet sunk by a couple of DF-21Ds.
>>
File: american mobility kill.jpg (70KB, 404x402px) Image search: [Google]
american mobility kill.jpg
70KB, 404x402px
>>32092416
>Awareness

Yeah, ASAT pokes out your eyes in space, AABM pokes out your eyes in the air.

In the end, Burger awaremess is as good as your mobility during pic related.
>>
>>32091635
>J-20 not as capable as F-22
They obviously never played Battlefield 2
>>
>>32092463
>What is AEGIS
>What is US situational awareness
lol you chinks are precious. You guys are playing chinese checkers while we're playing mahjong.
>>
>>32092463
>Chinese airfield, military bases, DF-21 sites absolutely smoked after sinking us fleet

congrats man, you've succeeded in bringing the war to China proper, I'm sure your people will really be willing to go toe to toe with your largest trading partner
>>
>>32092514
What to say we can't do that too? In fact we probably would, meaning that delicate kill chain that's attached to your meme tier DF-21s would be upset, making them less effective. Not to mention that we have the ability to replace our SAT losses super quick due to having over a dozen facilities that we can launch from, all of which are out of range of even your most advanced missiles (nukes notwithstanding).

Also, we attrite your forces enough to storm Woodley Island.

>US Marine actually pokes out some poor Chinese dude's eyes in a bayonet charge taking the island
>>
>>32092520
TRUTH
R
U
T
H
>>
>>32092521
Aegis can't detect stealth warheads traveling at Mach 9
>>32092523
Implying you get by the endless Sam sites and actually achieve air superiority (hint: you won't)
>>
>>32091923
>he isn't bright enough to envision a scenario where exported chinese fighters fight exported US fighters

It must suck living in your head.
>>
>>32092774
Yes it can

&

>lol what is SEAD
>>
>>32092514
>zhang assumes that only china has asat and shit

Ebik
>>
>>32092815
J-20 won't be exported.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201611041047075205-china-export-j20/
>>
>>32091635
That's a pretty bad article
>>
>>32092858
China doesn't even have the capacity to produce their top aircraft for other nations.

The own air force takes them all.
>>
>open article
>search for canard

Okay, into the trash it goes.

>Take the J-20 front canards, the elevator-like surfaces ahead of the wing. They’re no good for stealth flight, and they’re likely there to counteract an inherent instability in the design.

Not just the author repeats the stealth nonsense.
The author also doesn't understand the role of canards or basic aerodynamics.
>>
>wired

Because a bunch of numale SJW cucks know all about aircraft and engineering right?
>>
>>32091635

I don't think it's prudent to get your defense tech information from Wired--there are other publications that are far more qualified to provide useful commentary on the comparative qualities of combat aircraft.
>>
>>32092909
You know what happened.

Author asked someone from the Air Force and the guy just talked bullshit for the lols.
>>
>>32091635
It's not even as capable as an F-15.
>>
>>32092774
well, considering the most advanced equipment china has is only in certain units and even then in very small amounts (which are spread around the country no less), we would certainly have the advantage given the amount of ordinance we have, the amount of modern fighters we have AND the recent introduction of extreme range stand off weapons. No amount of SAMs can hold back offensive firepower that the US brings for very long, the sites need to move and have to reload if they want to remain effective, and like I said, most of the biggest threat SAMs are spread evenly throughout the country as to not leave any one area undefended.

Aegis can detect shit traveling at Mach 9, hell it can detect AND successfully target satellites in orbit, which are traveling much faster. If an F-15 can track and hit a sat, a ship deigned and equipped entirely around the concept of air missile defense can too.

you can't put ram on a missile, fire it up into the atmosphere then be surprised when it's detected by systems designed around detecting the shit you just fired into the atmosphere in the first place
>>
>>32092946
>well, considering the most advanced equipment china has is only in certain units and even then in very small amounts

This is bullshit.
>>
>>32092959
China is at this point only second to the USA in regards of top line equipment in front line units.
>>
>>32092983
In some regards they even exceed the USA like China has a pretty big lead in ships with AESA radars.
>>
>>32092959
>>32092983
I mean, I don't doubt they have very modern equipment, but many units are still equipped with older shit, there was a imgur album puttzing around the web that goes into detail about unit composition.

>>32092998
oh wow, those AESA radars sure will cool on the ocean floor courtesy of a sub
>>
>>32093088
>I mean, I don't doubt they have very modern equipment, but many units are still equipped with older shit, there was a imgur album puttzing around the web that goes into detail about unit composition.

Frontline units always get the most modern equipment.

There is no older shit in China. The first gen Su-27 aircraft from Russia from the 90's are always out of service and destroyed because they exceeded their designated flight hours.
>>
>>32092998
By numbers alone. Their individual ship performance is severely lacking due to the colossal corruption circlejerk that their procurement process is. The chinese know this, and it terrifies them, but the institutions are so large and corruption is such a normal part of buisness, it's very difficult to change. They didn't even start unfucking the process until earlier this year, so even in an ideal situation, they'll still be fielding inferior designs that are barely combat capable until at least 2020.
>>
>>32093171
said the expert
>>
>>32093088
found it, it's about the 38th Group Army in the PLA and how one of it's subordinate units is equipped. This is what makes it note worthy, the fact that it resembles a US/NATO unit and can operate like one too for some time.
https://imgur.com/a/wk2zo
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 588x855px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 588x855px
>>32093169
>There is no older shit in China.
Define "older shit" because the vast majority of china's air force is still fielding second and third-gen fighter aircraft. At least 75% of their tank fleet is Iraqi 1991 or worse. Their navy isn't horribly outdated because until recently they basically didn't have one.

http://origin.www.uscc.gov/sites/default/files/Research/China%27s%20Incomplete%20Military%20Transformation_2.11.15.pdf
>>
>>32091635
It doesn't need to be as capable as the F-22, there's not enough Raptors left to matter in a real war and no more will be made. It might be more fair to compare it to an F-35, but even then the Chinese would have them outnumbered anyway.
>>
>>32093242
The J-7 was produced until the 00's.

The J-7 still left in the reserve units aren't decades old.
>>
The point of stealth is to prevent the opponent from targeting your aircraft at kinematic NEZ. This effectively gives you an exploitable range advantage; if you can shoot the opponent from within your NEZ, but outside their targeting, you're the one taking your aircraft home. Likewise, against a ground target, you can hit the opponent at short-ranges, increasing bomb efficiency, since they don't have to carry fuel, while their system can't track you.
>>
>>32093169
Of course they do, but that's just it. In order to get a fully modernized unit up and running you need to concentrate it to a few units close to the capital to exert centralized control (which is the capital's unit and therefore mainly tasked with doing parades, meaning that many commanders are there simply by nepotism, if the Soviet forces stationed around Moscow were any indication). We (the US) don't have that. I can go to any national guard unit and find men and women with both experience and ability despite their part time status.

And i'd hope they'd get rid of original Su-27s, they crap, even the upgraged ones are crap too.
>>
>>32093266
But the point the other anon is trying to make it that despite it being produced in the 2000s, it is fundamentally an older design (even with upgrades) and there for not very useful at best and red stars on the sides of American aircraft at worst .
>>
>>32091635
New engines are coming in 2020 or so, they still keep exploding lol.
>>
>>32093342
That's the reason it isn't in frontline service anymore in China.

The aircraft will be in reserve until the airframes reach their life end and get replaced by something more modern.
J-7 squadrons getting turned into J-11 and J-10 squadrons is what happens now.
>>
The cultural bias is quite interesting in regards to China to Russia for example, for me as sociology student.
>>
>>32093171
>By numbers alone. Their individual ship performance is severely lacking due to the colossal corruption circlejerk that their procurement process is

The Chinese are building as much GRT per year as the US navy with 1/8th the budget.

They're not paying 600 $ per toilet seat or 120 $ per hammer, their ship wharfs only get 5 % profit per order and dont have to please stocks holders.
>>
>>32093407
That are the synergy effects if you also the largest commercial shipbuilder
>>
>>32093407
and as a result they're turning out underpowered, poorly constructed vessels with inferior electronics that are way under milspec. The PLAN and PLA in general are having a bitch of a time with their power systems, and even the most forgiving projections say their indigenous designs won't be able to match the west until the 2030s.
>>
>>32093499
I bet you have well sourced proof for your claims.
>>
>>32092858
>sputniknews
>>
>>32093420
Wasn't there a breakdown of a Chinese destroyer in the Panama canal recently?
>>
>>32093499
What's wrong with the type052d? Aesa, low RCS hull, 60+ VLS cells. Better than anything you'll find in Europe.
>>
File: 1479500689435.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479500689435.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>32093520
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/steaming-ahead-course-uncertain-chinas-military-shipbuilding-16266

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL33153.pdf

Happy reading.
>>
>>32093373
But the issue is that while they're slowly moving to upgrade to an aircraft thats been in service since the mid 90s (with limited support and upgrades), we are moving to replace the entire fleet with an airframe that makes the F-22 look downright ancient (and the F-22 is already miles ahead of any other nation).

>>32093407
The reason the chinese can get shit cheap is because the government heavily influences makes the prices.
Shipbuilder is owned 52% by the gov, massive price cut. Big surprise there.
The other anon is correct though, about the corruption. It's ingrained in the system meaning it's hard to move forward. not to mention the major lack of people to staff both senior NCO positions and the manning of the ships themselves.
>>
>>32093561
Underpowered. Can't run the radars at full capacity and maneuver at the same time. It's not as severe as earlier models and revisions, but it's still limited.
>>
>>32093562
>3. Regardless of China’s precise economic future, the PLAN—together with other PLA forces—will be increasingly capable of contesting U.S. sea control within growing range rings extending beyond Beijing’s unresolved island and maritime claims in the Near Seas. Experts generally agreed that by 2020, China is on course to deploy greater quantities of missiles with greater ranges than those systems potentially employed by the USN against them. China is on track to have quantitative parity or better in surface-to-air missiles and anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCMs), parity in missile launch cells, and quantitative inferiority only in multi-mission land-attack cruise missiles. Retention of USN superiority hinges on next-generation long-range ASCMs (the Long-Range Anti-Ship Missile and the vertical launch system-compatible Naval Strike Missile variant)—which are still “paper missiles,” un-fielded on USN surface combatants. Additionally, new U.S. ASCMs may be unable to target effectively under contested anti-access/area-denial conditions. Failing to fill this gap would further imperil U.S. ability to generate and maintain sea control in the Western Pacific.

Nice read

>But the issue is that while they're slowly moving to upgrade to an aircraft thats been in service since the mid 90s (with limited support and upgrades), we are moving to replace the entire fleet with an airframe that makes the F-22 look downright ancient (and the F-22 is already miles ahead of any other nation).

They aren't upgrading at a slow pace but quite the opposite.

The F-22 doesn't look "downright ancient". In fact it will run circles around the F-35.
>>
>>32093573
>manning of the ships themselves.

I had that thought as well, it must be hell to train all the people needed when you're suddenly expanding the navy by 1000 % and add new capabilities each year on top.
>>
>>32093561
>>32093584
and there's only 12 that are going to be made. what happens if a sub blows one out of the water, nearly 10% of that entire classes combat power is now dead.
>>
>>32093562
I know the links.

They don't support your post.
>>
>>32093584
>things I pulled out of my ass
>>
>>32093611
That's a question of quantitiy though, not a critique of the ship itself.

Look at the type056 corvette and type054 frigate, they're spamming them as if they're playing an RTS game.
>>
you might defeat us on the battlefield, but you will never defeat us in the bedroom. We're going to send 100,000 stealth cucking units onto your soil, and destroy your nation with our mongrel offspring after we've cucked you down to the last gf.
>>
>>32093613
The claims that china's indegenous military power designs and military electronics are severely lagging behind the rest of their copycat tech and the west in general? Read 'em again. China's military capabilities aren't deficent in every area, but their advantages have severely eroded since 2011, and while they've caught up quickly, they're still lagging behind in several key areas, the two mentioned above, along with institutional reforms such as a professional NCOs, effective training, logistics, procurement, unit morale, and corruption. It's foolish to ignore your adversary's strengths, but it's even more foolish to ignore your own weaknesses.
>>
>>32093658
You are just digging deeper and deeper.
>>
>>32093394
>sociology
>>
>>32093680
And in true PLA-poster style, you haven't provided an actual counter. Wouldn't want you questioning the inevitability of your victory, even if it defies all logic. Might get you a visit by your friendly unit political officer.
>>
>>32093697
What kind of counter I'm supposed to do?

I didn't make claims in this thread.
>>
Makes one wonder how a ship with a better power to weight ratio than the Burke class suffers from being underpowered.

But I guess sourcing claims isn't a /k/ thing.
>>
File: 64104868.jpg (126KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
64104868.jpg
126KB, 500x333px
>>32091635
why are the burgers so butt hurt at this point?
also, this is also a glasshouse situation here, F22 production line been scraped long ago and there are less than 150 actual working f22 in the warehouse, compound by the fact that jewheed is not making any more new parts for f22 I don't see why the situation on your own is any better at this point. Also, if your responds to this is f35 then this is all I have to say to you, /k/ please
>>
>>32093658

See that's a pretty underrated thought, for the sake of argument we'll assume their ships of equal quality compared with the west, but do they have the experience to best utilise their ships?

When was the last time that they were 'balls-to-the-wall'? It's all very well teaching something in theory or practise on how to defend yourself or hunt submarines, but that certainly doesn't equate into reality.
>>
>>32093649
Very true, they have some very impressive new ships, but ultimately the issues that plague them are the same ones that plague the entire Chinese military, lack professional soldiers/airmen, widespread corruption and not to mention that if you start sending frigates and corvettes against destroyers and cruisers and not to mention aircraft, their ability to make it home safely is reduced. One thing that I've always found odd is how China builds all these ships and planes and completely neglects its ASW or submarine force. I think they have something like 10 MAX ASW planes, which wont help much when they start taking losses or are down for repairs.
>>
>>32093803
>I will just repeat what I say again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...
>>
>>32093803
Didnt they stat building their own SOSUS in East China and South China Sea? The frigats and Corvetes are not supposed to go out very far, with a fully functioning SOSUS they'd have all the ASW they need.
>>
>>32093879

Nonsense.

A SOSUS isn't enough to dominate and prosecute ASW targets.
>>
>>32093904
ASW is all about detection, A SOSUS is the perfect tool for that because it's widely distributed and can be made more sensitive than anything anyone would put into a submarine, you can use it to guide Torpedo-missiles to the right position where the enemy sub is.
>>
>>32093803
well, I've only said this twice, other anons have said it too (which should be telling of the weaknesses of the PLA/PLAN/PLAAF). These thing ARE huge hurdles for their military to overcome, if you don't have experienced crews the ship/plane/tank won't fight to the best of it's abilities, assuming it can leave harbor with a full complement.

The other anon was correct, they're building boats because they don't know what else to do, because in order to to unfuck themselves proper, they would need to undertake a massive reformation of both their military, the industries that support it and the government agencies that control both (a Herculean task). But the issue is that it would then expose all those shitty, nepotistic soldiers, politicans and various worker bees to to being literally put to death thanks to many of the various blasphemy/unpatriotic sentiment laws that nations such as this are filled with (put there to force others to march in tune due to fear).
>>
>>32093596
> Naval Strike Missile
> "paper missile"
>>
File: 150px-ASAT_missile_launch.jpg (5KB, 150x199px) Image search: [Google]
150px-ASAT_missile_launch.jpg
5KB, 150x199px
>>32092514

The US was shooting down satellites before it was cool.
>>
File: news-graphics-2006-_627023a.gif (47KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
news-graphics-2006-_627023a.gif
47KB, 400x300px
>>32093964
Nowadays the "cool" thing is to simply blind the satellites with lasers.
>>
>>32092520

But that was the J-10 and the F-35, Anon.
>>
>>32093942
meant for this guy >>32093839

they have thought about starting their own SOSUS and made some inlays for it but will it actually get done or will it be even effectively used if it is? Who knows.... Things like that are much easier said then done....the issue with their ASW is attrition and area covered. China has one of the largest coast lines in the world, meaning that they'll need a lot of equipment to cover it all. Let's say we go to a shooting war and by default crews are working max hours, engines are being regularly red-lined and as such will have accidents, breakdowns and the obvious sinking of ships due to enemy fire. They might have the SOSUS next but if they don't have the means that can prosecute and make that attack and destroy that sub, it's a moot point, the sub will eventually slip away. ASW aircraft can also cover a greater area than ships too, and when alerted to a subs presence from SOSUS, can detect a sub better due to the sheer fact that a plane is not a fixed point in the ocean.
>>
>>32093932

Okay, thanks for stating the obvious like it disproves my point.

A SOSUS network alone is not enough. Neither is it feasible for China to build it in such a way that it would total control over the pacific ocean. Case and point, NATO navies in and around the GIUK still required significant ASW capabilities to dominate and prosecute Russian submarines. And they had it much easier compared to China.

You cannot just handwave it.
>>
>>32094058
>Neither is it feasible for China to build it in such a way that it would total control over the pacific ocean
Only the SCS and ECS, going out into the wider world isnt something the Chinese are ready to do, as for that after 2030 when they have a bunch of useable carriers and SSN/SSBN. The old SOSUS involved no computers, it was people sitting there listening, today a computer does the listening and it does it better than any human could.

For the time they're doing A2AD, area denial on their fron porch, for that the short ranged corvettes are enough if they have something to provide them targeting data.
>>
>>32094097

That's still handwaving the issue. A SOSUS network is not the end all solution for lacking in ASW capability.

I keep repeating myself, but you cannot control and prosecute targets from a SOSUS.
>>
>>32094128
how are they going to hit that sub if they dont have ASW/Maritime Patrol aircraft. What if they don't have any ships or subs in the are a or they've been sunk?
>>
>>32094128
Sound under water propagates 5 times faster than in air and travels a lot longer, whales are communicating with each other over 1000 kilometers. Equally sound from ships and subs travels very far, your sensors have to be sensitive enough to pick it up and your algorithm has to be "smart" enough to identify it among all the background noice. The rest is just triangulation.

Hell you could let the computer cross reference the data it gets from the sounds ensors with the position of all flagged ships currently on the sea connected to satellite communication and global positioning and let the computer pick out the sound signals which are not listed.

I'm a huge proponent of distributed sensors, surprise there.
>>
>>32091700
>You can just look at it and tell it's a POS
I am sure you have a double PhD in aircraft design and 20 years experience in the industry and informed Kelly Johnson where he went wrong. So please lay it out for us humble mortals.
>>
>>32094176
Torpedos can be packed into cruise missiles and those can fly 1000 kilometers.
>>
>when you make a bait thread
>you get 89 replies and assloads of butthurt in the thread
>>
>>32094176

That's my point.

>>32094191

Again, not my point.

I am not disputing the use of SOSUS or forms of distributed sensors, but only when used in conjugation with other ASW assets.

Yes, that all sounds wonderful and you can keep saying all these wonderful things, it does not change the fact of what is lacking.

At this point I believe you are deliberately being obtuse around this.
>>
>>32094276
Duh, because they dont really have the other ASW assets and a SOSUS can be made fast and cheap. What do they have atm, 10 or so ASW variants of the type056 and a helicopter carrier under construction?

You gotta do with with the things you have at hand. It's going to be at least 10 years until they have ASW equipment in useable quantities.
>>
>>32094196
The butthurt is strong in you Chong Wang
>>
>>32094317

No, I don't follow you at all.

How it is easier for China to build SOSUS networks then to create and build more ASW aircraft/ships? That's nonsense, given China's supposed industrial capacity for aircraft and ships.
>>
File: 2302axi1.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2302axi1.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>32094358
SOSUS are just networked sensors hooked up to a central computer not 100.000 tons of cut steel. The individual sensor would look something like this and it can easily be mass produced without occupying precious docks in a wharf.
>>
>>32094343
Not even Chinese.

You have an argument or just yet another opinion? I recall analysts like you had some opinions on Japanese before Pearl Harbor. Not too accurate, was it?
>>
>>32094276
I think I responded to you by accident. I was agreeing with you and disagreeing with the other guy. My bad dude.
>>32094204
That doesn't work, why would you fire a cruise missile at a mobile target that's already difficult to detect by its very nature? Not to mention they can be a LONG way ways away from where you detect it to where the torpedo entered the water and starts its search.
Why not just buy an uncomplicated cargo craft of a civilian design, cut some holes in it for sonar buoys and torpedoes and call it a day?
>>32094317
That's what
>>32094358
and I are saying. They need ASW gear badly to try to mitigate their losses (which if it went to a shooting war, That's all the Chinese could hope to due, minimalize losses due to US subs)
>>
>>32094770
To add, they can have the largest SOSUS net ever in history, bigger than the NATO one in the GIUK gap, it all means nothing if they cant kill anything they detect cause they're lacking so much.
>>
>>32094801
>war goes hot
>P-8's and remaining P-3's actually clog China's entire coastline due to non-stop pooping out of sonobouy's
>don't even carry Harpoons or SLAM's just pure sonobouys and use they as dumb bombs (worked in Jacksonville)
>>
>>32091635
>J-20 not as capable as F-22
In other news the sky appears to be Blue.

Who would have thought that China, a country that isn't renowned for their precision or high tech industry making their first actual """non-copy""" plane wouldn't compete with America's planes; a country that is renowned for having a precision high tech industries that has been making top tier jets for half a century.

>>32092520
That was the F-35, and if we're going just off BF, then play BF4 and al of a sudden the PAK FA (or SU-50 or whatever they call it) is superior in literally every way.
>>
>>32092383
Let me translate:

>This plane does not live up to the claims of its producers, nor does it rival its closest competitor, so I'll say it's all just lies because I still have an inferiority complex over something that I cannot control and have not contributed to in any way. The military equipment produced by my nation has an effect on my self worth because I have no successes of my own to reflect on, so I must defend the quality of that equipment falls short of what I thought it would, much like my own life.
>>
>>32093555
Yeah, but also an American cruiser, so you may not want to bring that point up.
>>
>>32096328
>This plane does not live up to the claims of its producers, nor does it rival its closest competitor, so I'll say it's all just lies because I still have an inferiority complex over something that I cannot control and have not contributed to in any way. The military equipment produced by my nation has an effect on my self worth because I have no successes of my own to reflect on, so I must defend the quality of that equipment falls short of what I thought it would, much like my own life.

You literally just unironically described every poster on /k/

Every fatnik every vatnik every chicom every pro Euro fag.

Don't do that, that's dangerous.
>>
>>32091635
>J20 worse than F22
>China paper tiger

News at 11.
>>
>>32091635
Well no shit, maybe PAK-FA is not as capable as F-22 in the next thread ?
No fighter is as capable as the fucking F-22 and it will stay this way for the years to come.
>>
>>32092520
But it was j-10 shitting on f-35b..
>>
File: Friendship Ended With USA.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Friendship Ended With USA.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>32091635
>So you be saying.
*Global credibility in ruin*
>Hol up, so you be sayin
*loses allies in the Asia pacific
>China wuz Paper tiger n shiet?
>>
>>32096369
unironically described every poster on /k/

Reads this....
clicks off 4 chan shuts down computer...

Makes exit bag...
Uses it.
God fucking damn, that was brutal.
>>
File: df21c_02large.jpg (82KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
df21c_02large.jpg
82KB, 1000x719px
>>32092774
>stealth warheads traveling at Mach 9
DF-21D doesn't have these. It has a single MARV payload. Hypersonic glide vehicles are still in development and are planned to go on longer-ranged systems before even being mated to a DF-21. Very cool system BTW. I wonder if it could be mated to an underwater hydrophone system to take on ASW roles - like an ASROC with standoff range and rapid arrival.

PS there's going to be blinding lasers and other electromagnetic tools shitting on your targeting sats once an ASBM launch is detected.
>>
File: 1479146621530.jpg (322KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1479146621530.jpg
322KB, 1333x2000px
>>32091635
Don't underestimate rival tech
The British harrier didn't want to fight Argentine planes from the 60's at high altitude
That chink plane probably has a few secrets we may not know for 20 years or ever
>>
>>32097425
This /k/ people dont use reason here.

It's just shills of both sides.
>>
>>32097443
Yeah,logic is rare in this shithole site
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 536x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 536x640px
>>32091635
>wired.com
>>
>>32093584
>Can't run the radars at full capacity and maneuver at the same time.

What?
>>
>>32097425
It's basically a MiG 1.44 tarted up in stealth angles. If its one thing China is way behind the west on, it's material science. Sure, they buy/steal designs, but they're always after the matsci stuff, which also happens to be some of the more closely guarded stuff. I imagine the J20 performs much like the MiG 1.44 project.
>>
>Americans are resorting to fucking WIRED to try and support their point
Oh how the mighty have fallen
>>
>>32099528
>Implying they're wrong about the J-20
>>
>>32094196
No, hes not wrong. Anybody who really likes planes has some basic understanding of the science of aerodynamics. That plane looks like and X-men toy. It might fly, Shit it probably flys great. But im willing to bet its not as good as its competitor.
>>
>>32099604
>Implying Wired isn't just clickbait journalism for hipsters
At least read Janes for aeronautics you retard.
>>
>>32092521
>What is Aegis
Not an acronym.
>>
>Experts say
>Analysts say
>Never links to experts in question
Oh boy what quality americuck journalism
>>
>>32091635
Ausairpower has better articles
>>
>>32099905
It's not, but they started capitalizing all the letters when it first came out and it stuck.
>>
>>32092577
This is avoiding the obvious that any sats being engaged creates a debris field that rapidly grows to kill every other sat in orbit, blinding eerybody and making space launches a near impossibility for years
>>
It is another piece of shit, chink engineer use to fool their leadership.
>>
File: learn.jpg (3MB, 3000x2792px) Image search: [Google]
learn.jpg
3MB, 3000x2792px
It's very wrong to compare china to usa. US is hundred of years ahead than those malnourished farmersyou call chinese.
>>
>>32100481
What is this bullshit? Want to know how I know you watched Gravity and thought it was real life? Fuck off.

Do you have any idea how big space is? Satellites have breaking up in orbit for years and it's not even newsworthy because it's a non issue. Almost off of it is pulled into the atmosphere within hours or days and burns up.

>Blinding everybody
What about the satellites that are at a higher "altitude" then the so called debris field?
>>
>>32102555
>US is hundred of years
That would imply the U.S has interstellar watships or that the Chinese are currently using black powder rifles.

You're a moron.
>>
File: Mikoyan_1.44_Flatpack_1.jpg (33KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mikoyan_1.44_Flatpack_1.jpg
33KB, 655x370px
>>32098041
>Air intakes at the side
>Low RCS profile
>Internal + side weapons bays

Those are not trivial features, they change the whole plane fundamentally.
>>
F22's production has ended and the estimates states that it is too expensive to reopen the assembly lines.
When the chinese will start to produce the j20, they would outnumber all the current operational f22s
Shouldn't they have compared the j20 to the f35 and see how they compared in a 1on1?
>>
>>32103964
He wasn't being serious, Lord Autismo.

Or maybe you're a salty Chink poster.
>>
>>32091635
nice article with zero facts.
>>
>>32092933
>You will never shitpost at some numale cuck who is afraid of guns and takes your shitpost as gospel
>>
>>32093596
The read is actually about right to be honest. The F-22 is ancient electronics wise, and in this day and age, that matters more than the 22's maneuverability. It'll still beat the 35, but it won't have the same utility or ease of maintenance.
>>32093658
This is an actually well thought and insightful point of view. They are catching up, but they haven't caught up, and their officers, morale, rampant corruption and so forth make them shit. The lack of a joint command especially hurts them, and would make a war against them a lot easier.
>>
>>32103964
>doesn't know about the interstellar watships
are we even using the same internet
>>
>>32091635

>Not Rogoway

Good job posting lesser analysis, son. That said, the J20 going up against the F22 was always expected to be an F22 victory.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.