[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DayZ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 2XwCfnC.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2XwCfnC.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
Is DayZ the most innawoods game out there?

>can make primitive bow/arrows and spear
>can make hide clothes out of durr and pig skins
>weapons need to be cleaned
>must manually reload mags and weapons
>must manually cycle bolt and pump action weapons
>can hide in the woods and chill out
>military gear for the motivationally-inclined
And as of 0.61 Experimental
>hostile wolves
>zombies that aren't entirely broken

Post DayZ stories from modern to days long by.
>>
>>32087726
>>>/v/
here you go, friendo
>>
>>32087726

Clunky shitty vaporware that the "creator" used to steal your shekels so he could climb Everest.

It's a mod of a game that was made nearly ten years ago AND IT ISN'T FUCKING DONE

Fuck.
>>
>>32087754
You are a cunt.

Also, The Long Dark is pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>32088236

holy shit the faggot never finished the game?

I did have fun playing it four years ago with goons, loading up a bus full of 50+ people and swarming cherno

good times
>>
>>32087726

>>>/v/

Post your faggy shit on the right board you virgin fuck

DayZ is early alpha hell and I wish I didn't pay over 30 bucks for it 2 years ago
>>
>>32088297

Dude i think I played with you
>>
>>32088321

lot's of fun wasn't it m8?
>>
>>32088314
Have you played since?
Get good
>>
File: kittedup.png (460KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
kittedup.png
460KB, 1024x600px
>>32087726
>Is DayZ the most innawoods game out there?
Nope.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 281x179px
>>32087726
Escape from tarkov will be better than this pos
https://youtu.be/MmklF4az0pE
>>
>>32088264
The long dark sucks.
>durr gotta eat 10 steaks per day
>bears are impossible to kill
>>
>>32088379

DayZ on OA wasn't that bad.. the standalone was pretty bad. The mod did end up going to hell though cause of hacking later on.

It was fun while it lasted
>>
>>32087726
Good game, they need to take 3rd person out, shit is stupid when you can hide anywhere you want and ambush people without them even being able to see where you are shooting from or even risking them seeing you. There's only a handful of 1st person only servers.
Same with the ARMA series, "LETS MAKE A MIL SIM GAME AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE BUT LET'S ADD A HOVERING CAMERA VIEW WHERE YOU CAN SEE AROuND CORNErs AND COMPLETELY FUCK UP THE WHOLE GAME"
>>
>Randomly breaking your legs walking around or falling through buildings due to dsync and instantly dying
Bravo, Dean Hall. Good luck getting anyone to buy your bullshit space game since you can't fucking finish a game despite millions of dollars and several years.
>>
File: 1479503278638.gif (207KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479503278638.gif
207KB, 364x400px
>>32087726
>300 hours into mod
>doesn't work anymore since some weird steam update
>100 hours into standalone, for whatever reason
>waiting for it to get good
>waiting
>waiting
>waiting
>they finally implement 4 types of cars
>spend 20 hours with a buddy to collect the missing parts of a bus we found
>finally be able to repair it
>start driving
>almost no space for gear in THE BUS, weird
>the bus is very slow
>drive extremly carefully, cuz we know those "devs" would make it extremly easy to break
>clear, straight road
>very light crash with invisible tree or something, exactly 7 minutes after we started driving
>bus broken
>ragequit

Never played that shit again.

I'm sure it's a fucking social experiment or something, they're just checking out how much shittier they can make it with people still playing. It just got shittier and shittier. They try to implement shit like seeds and stuff, without making the fucking zombies work. And to make the zombies work, THEY FUCKING TOOK THEM OUT OF THE GAME FOR SIX MONTHS. It was just an empty island, nothing more. And people still kept playing it. It's just fucking unbelievable.
>>
>inna planetside 2
>shrike a lib down with two consecutive hits
>seconds later get gunned down by a rando with SMG
>go out as stalker, buzzknife the fuck out of him in a crowd, hit V+6 and get two more before getting gunned down
>get a bounty placed on me
>get inna galaxy, drive it into their sunder and drop out, explosions everywhere
>fire shrike into the same dude as I land, 1hko
>get ragetell in spanish
>continue finding his outfit in each fight thereafter
>get hate tells everywhere

A game with a broad sense of killing. Planetside 2 can be fun. I drop with dudes all the time with what we call bacon drops. (Spawn beacon, drop pod in 1 minute cooldown to spawn)

Five or six of us get swarmed by 20 guys sometimes but it's fun. Headshots mean everything. Go watch a DA or likewise good outfit on twitch sometime.
>>
>>32088405
What game is that?
>>
>>32087726
It was cool when birdshot was insta-kill even if one bb hit you. But no it's shit, you want innawoods? Actually go innawoods.
>>
>>32088410

Holy shit, what's the story with this, when does it come out, omg i want
>>
>>32088391

Yeah, have my full kit with the M4 and glawk, most of my guys roll with SKSs or AKMs at this point when we're holding down the airfield.

>get good

Again, >>>/v/.

At least leave your youngling maymays on the appropriate board.
>>
>>32088405
WHAT GAME
>>
>>32088491
Neo Scavenger
>>
>>32087726
Long story, very long story, short:

this motherfucker Hall took one of the greatest videogame concepts of all time and just abandonded it. It's all shit now. The great days of the original mod are long over. I fucking wish that motherfucker the worst.
>>
>>32088542
Thanks.
>>
>>32088546
The game is slowly getting better, .61 at least doesn't have insane desync problems like they used to, I just hope that without Dean hall that the game stays as hardcore as it needs to be.
>>
>>32088572
To make the game "more hardcore" they made it necessary to eat and drink every few minutes. You can get yourself stuffed and hydrated, and 10 minutes later you're about to starve. That shit just makes me angry, they're trying to make it more hardcore at the cost of actual realism. Fucking grinds my gears.
>>
>>32088572
They need to do something to make close range combat less retarded.
>>
>>32088586
Yes, they are completely moving away from the shitty ARMA graphics engines shit, so maybe that will help.
>>
>>32088297
ahhh good times...
>>
>>32088585
It's probably because the experimental servesr are all on 12x speed.
>>
>>32088506
Just check out their website
Gamplay video
https://youtu.be/iyyJEzZq3sQ
Weapons customization
https://youtu.be/hBq7Bdexp-M
>>
>>32088421
Play on Pilgrim difficulty then, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>32088634
Surviving is going to be made great by the fact that your weapons are actually made of parts, so you have to find and assemble them all, and can mix and match when appropriate, or go without parts like in your picture.
>>
it's a nice autism simulator but it's a pretty shitty game, at least right now
>>
File: wut.jpg (11KB, 339x351px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
11KB, 339x351px
>>32087726
>new to Dayz (back when it was just a Arma 2 mod)
>broke my legs
>crawld cross map
>ended up in Elektro somehow
>find morfine
>use it
>random guy with 2xbarrel shotgun kills me
>not even mad
>>
>>32088236
>>32088297
rocket left BI in 2014
BI's gonna bleed this pig dry, don't plan on 1.0 any time soon
>>
>>32087726
fuck Dean Hall
>>
File: 1473281658713.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1473281658713.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>mfw DayZ is probably never going to get out of early access
Really disappointed about it too, I think some of the best moments I've ever had in a video game came from me playing this with friends and fucking around in it.
Speaking of which, what exactly is better about the mod compared to the current version of standalone? I've never actually played it despite owning ARMA 2.
>>
>>32088484
Planetside2 is the fucking best.
>>
>>32092533
The vehicles, the actual camps, the variety of weapons and maps (innaafghanistan was my favorite), the customizability of the servers by the owner. Honestly, even the inventory/ui was better implemented and that says something considering it's also shit.
>>
I've seen lots of videos of this game/ But a zombie game where the zombies are non-factors doesn't seem like it has any potential to be fun.

Seems like it's just PvP sniping with a mild inconvenience of NPC mobs every once in a long while.
>>
>>32088410
If they keep third person in the game when it's released I'll sue them.
>>
File: habar.jpg (64KB, 596x481px) Image search: [Google]
habar.jpg
64KB, 596x481px
>>32092802
I don't know about the current state of standalone (I think stuff still despawns on a restart occasionally), but in the mod you could become the guy from picrelated and hoard everything. Placing tents in the bushes and underwater and stuffing them with funs and supplies, finding, fixing and stashing every vehicle on the map. You could drive around interacting with people who sometimes would not shoot and ask for a lift instead. Since the servers usually had communities of their own where you could become a legend or a hvt eventually, depending on your actions. It was quite fun but time consuming.
In the mod the zombies were a nuisance and a good indicator that someone was nearby. They would also react to gunshot sounds and reveal hidden shooters. There were plenty of them in the cities so if you weren't careful enough you could trap yourself in a building with a stream of them coming through the doors, which often ended badly.
Looking at the server list though, I think everything has mostly devolved into a deathmatch already.
>>
>>32088454
But the FOV in first person sucks
>>
>>32093102
The FOV is exactly the same irregardless of whether the camera is mounted where the character's head is or 100 meters behind it. It's it position that provides the extra visibility around the character. This feature is both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>32087726
.61 is fucking savage

first time in a loooong while where any aspect of the game that isnt gravity or players is a threat
>>
File: Obama_s_Crazed_Puppet_Rape.jpg (67KB, 595x426px) Image search: [Google]
Obama_s_Crazed_Puppet_Rape.jpg
67KB, 595x426px
>>32088428

Honestly I have never seen a game go to shit so fast as Arma 2 after Dayz was released. It sucks that players all had to be treated like liabilities after that and the public servers got a lot less chill.

Of course there was that one server that posted the ips of hackers to /b/. That was pretty dope.

For a real Dayz experience just find some public land in Michigan. Only catch is you have to scavenge all your supplies from the darkest parts of Detroit.
>>
>>32090479
Life is harsh sometimes
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/v/358557342
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.