[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

whats the cheapest fucking rifle I can get, are they seriously all upwards of $600? Preferably not Mosin, that shits tricky here in California
>>
>>32086116
Budget bolt gun.

Savage Axis
Ruger American
>>
File: IMG_0357.jpg (141KB, 750x887px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0357.jpg
141KB, 750x887px
Ruger American

Savage axis

Remington 783

Traditions deerstalker

Ruger 10/22

Marlin 336

And many more
>>
>>32086116
The cheapest would probably be a crickett 22
>>
>>32086116
$300 - $600 is normal for the low end of gun prices
but most guns are also very long lived (your great grand son may shoot it)
so its not like a car that you will need to replace after 10 years or so
---also before cars and when people made their house themselves (1700s-1800s) the gun may be the most valuable thing they owned

---(())__in short --...
ya they cost that much but you will most likely be able to keep it forever

>Preferably not Mosin
its an over 100 year old rifle most of which will be 70 years old or more (and still work fine)
why cant you get one??
>>
>>32086116
Literally wait a couple months until prices go down. Ammo is already dropping. Guns will follow
>>
>>32086116
>Shit's tricky here in California

What
>>
>>32086116
I bought a used Remington 74 sportsman off armslist for $250 a month back, I see them for about $250-$350 all the time.

Its the cheapest semi auto rifle I see other than .22s, mine is in 30-06 and performs flawlessly. Expanded mags are available for it and you will almost always get a scope with them.
>>
>>32086303
>>32086116
Yeah, what? I'm in CA and I have a couple of friends with mosins. You talking about the background checks for ammo act that just got voted in, OP?
>>
>>32086116
I think Dick's has some Marlin or some other brand .22 rifle on black friday special for $99
>>
>>32086116
an older sporterized milsurp rifle won't be too pricey. An older hunting rifle that has been treated well will be fairly affordable, too- you can even get them with iron sights, which will save money to start. OIder Winchester 94s are pretty affordable.

What are you looking to do with this rifle? Hunting? Plinking? Target shooting?
>>
>>32086329
op here, what I meant by shits tricky is I hear all about the magical $200-$500 Mosins in CA, I go around my county gun shops and I don't see a mosin at all, let alone a $200 one.
>>
>>32086358
Expand your search. Which county? I'm in SB. Also get to know people at the shops. People sometimes need to off load weapons or decide to sell them and you could find a deal.
>>
>>32086356
shoot with my friends and spook potential home invaders, I'm looking at these suggested guns and none of them look to spooky
>>
>>32086389
You're not gunna get a scary salt rifle in CA easily, much less one for your mega poorfag budget. Get a budget bolt action, a used milsurp rifle from a gun show or a Maverick 88 shotgun.
>>
>>32086388
Orange
>>
>>32086389
For spooking home invaders, a shotgun would be a better option. You don't want full-power rifle rounds going through your neighbor's house. You can shoot clays with your friends with a shotgun, which is pretty fun.

Something like a Winchester 94 would do a good job, as a smooth lever action can be worked quickly. .30-30 is fairly cheap, too. Downside is that like all the other rifles mentioned, it will overpenetrate quite a bit.
>>
I have up to $600ish to drop on a rifle, my only requests are:
>semi-auto
>higher than .22lr
>>
>>32086411
Yeah, thats probably an area that might be harder to find it in. Maybe start looking in SB or Riverside Counties. Even if you don't find a Mosin, you mind find a different deal.

>>32086415
I agree with this. Theres also a distinctive sound to racking one that people associate with holes in the chest.
>>
>>32086402
>not buying parts out of state to your friend and picking them up later

No self-respecting popo in Cali would enforce those shit laws
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.